Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Pet hates in football

Falling over unnecessarily, whether fouled or not.

But also referees who will not give free kicks or penalties UNLESS the player falls over!

[quote user="im spartacus"]i hate it when the stream your watching starts buffering it is really bloody annoying, i''ve got 30 mb fibre optic and it still does it sometimes bloody really jars me off it does [:@]
[/quote]

I hate the emergence in recent seasons of the plastic fan. Above a prime example

Not too happy with diving. In recent year this media fed obsession with ''sacking'' people. Its almost as if this has become more of interest to some people than the sport itself.

All seater stadiumsRenaming grounds or naming them after sponsorsWearing "away strips" when original colours do not clashPaying big wages to players that only ever warm the benchPlayers celebrating scoring like its goal of the season when they have a tap in, miss hit it or sometimes havent even touched the ballPlayers that dont retreat 10 yards or creep forward when placed 10 yards backPlayers that pick up the ball after fouling someone and walk away with itPaying to watch 90 minutes of football when a team timewastes chunks of it awayCorners that dont beat the first manFree kicks that sail over the bar followed by a display by the kicker suggesting " that was close"Players clutching their shins wherever they were actually kickedFluorescent bootsShirt tuggingPlacing the ball just on the edge of the quadrant when taking corners because they have seen other players do it on MOTDPlayers not getting booked for ranting at the RefSky`s pre match flag waving and line ups with so many mascotsLinesmen in the Uefa league behind the goalsStadiums where the roof doesnt keep the rain offHead butts or head pushes replacing the good old fashioned wallop with a fistSilly hair cuts Kicking off and lumping it forwardFoul throw ins ( almost every throw in)Keepers that wait for an opponent to walk up to them before picking the ball upTaking goal kicks from either side, its always the side furthest away from where the ball ended up when wanting to waste time.Not blowing up for foot up when players try overhead kick in a packed 18 yard boxCheats that feigning injury or dive then complain when the opposition do the same thingThe handball rule, sort it out!International weeks when no games are onOnly one game a week in the Premiership, miss those midweek night games.The way all the Sky money disappears into players and agents pocketsThat ugly Hotel stuffed in the cornerEx players berating current players on telly as if they were absolute world beaters in their day, remember some of us actually saw you lot play.Refs treating high profile players or high profile teams differently.

Rant over

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]referees who will not give free kicks or penalties UNLESS the player falls over![/quote]

And bingo.   thats mine.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]i hate it when the stream your watching starts buffering it is really bloody annoying, i''ve got 30 mb fibre optic and it still does it sometimes bloody really jars me off it does [:@][/quote]

I hate the emergence in recent seasons of the plastic fan. Above a prime example

[/quote][:D]

As soon as at least three premier teams fail in European competitions, the media have a frenzy about English football not being good enough and how we must go back to grass roots to sort it.

When Shearer say''s " there''s contact so the striker has every right to go down ", or this new thing when someone dives as they are "anticipating contact", as if that''s an excuse .

Agree with the away shirts thing mentioned.

We are one of the worst culprits. We only need to wear our 2nd strip when we play Hull or (used to) Wolves.

The logic of actually wearing our away strip on Saturday, where one of the colours (white) is actually in the home teams colours (albeit on a much smaller scale these days) set new standards!

Agreed! Plus...

Getting away with "shepherding" the ball out for a goal kick.

Anywhere else it''s obstruction, and why are players so stupid that they don''t attempt to get the other side??

Idiots that still can''t comprehend the offside rule is when the ball is kicked. Yes, he now looks onside, that''s because the defence have dropped and hrs moved forward!!!

Paying £7 to £10 to park on a piece of waste ground for the privilege of going to an away game we will probably lose

[quote user="mj"]Agreed! Plus...

Getting away with "shepherding" the ball out for a goal kick.

Anywhere else it''s obstruction, and why are players so stupid that they don''t attempt to get the other side??

Idiots that still can''t comprehend the offside rule is when the ball is kicked. Yes, he now looks onside, that''s because the defence have dropped and hrs moved forward!!!

Paying £7 to £10 to park on a piece of waste ground for the privilege of going to an away game we will probably lose[/quote]
And the chances are the cowboys charging you don''t own the land and are just trying it on. [:D]

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]When Shearer say''s " there''s contact so the striker has every right to go down ", or this new thing when someone dives as they are "anticipating contact", as if that''s an excuse .[/quote]

Apparently Sturridge is such a nice guy, he went down so as not to break Vidics leg.

Err no Brendan, he dived.

Managers that talk absolute bo****ks in post match interviews:

Mourinho claiming Chelsea are not in the title race for most of the season.

Moyes moaning about refereeing decisions like it only happens to Man U.

Anything Brendan Rogers says.

Anything Alan Pardew says.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Internet message boards and the people who post on them.

[/quote]

Me too.

Actually my biggest pet hate are 1p5wich fans who post on here and think if they have "canary" in their name no one will realise.  What makes it worse is when they only ever post to (a) criticise plastic fans (presumably 1p5wich don''t have any now) or (b) to say Lambert should come back to sort out our problems, like it''s ever going to happen. If you''re going to be a troll at least be a bit inventive about it.

I find the ones who have hidden the word ''tractor'' in their user name particularly deceptive.

Defender passing the ball back to the ''keeper for him to boot forward.

Why?

The defender could have just booted it forward and not passed it back to the ''keeper who has got to kick it that extra 20 or 30 yards.

We do it all the time.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I find the ones who have hidden the word ''tractor'' in their user name particularly deceptive.

[/quote]

Lol.  I wasn''t accusing you of being a binner TC, I just liked the irony of your post about users of internet messageboards as a pet hate. 

It''s Waveney Canary aka Thorpe End Canary I''m thinking of.  I wouldn''t mind his trolling if he was a little bit inventive/interesting with what he posts but more or less every post is the same.

Players who don''t celebrate when they score against their old clubs out of respect for the fans. Maybe it would have been more respectful for you to have tried a bit harder so you didn''t get shipped out of your previous club or not left your previous club the minute another club waved a bag full of cash under your nose.The idea that contact, however slight, gives a player the right to hit the deck.The sense of entitlement that infests modern day football fans so badly that they are seemingly incapable of dealing with any defeat.The overuse of ''false nine'' by pundits/fans who clearly don''t understand what one is.The use of the word ''banter''.The constant rimming of Jose Mourinho by the English media.The fact that I''d quite like Liverpool to win the league.The phrase ''in the Premier League era'' when used in conjunction with any record.The demise of the FA Cup and UEFA Cup as competitions that teams actually want to win.The phrase ''on his day he is unplayable''.FL72? WTF?The analysis of every decision made by a referee in real time in the heat of a game in super slow motion from the comfort of a TV studio.

Nothing is more guaranteed to irritate me than a pundit using team and player names as plurals. For example "You''ve got your Arsenals, Chelseas and Man Uniteds of this world". NO WE HAVEN''T YOU MORON!!! There is only one Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea!!!!!OK, so there might be a a couple of teams named Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool somewhere in South America after they toured there in 1903, but it''s highly unlikely that Tony Cottee, Matt Le Tissier or Robbie Savage are even aware of there existence, and even less so that they would be referencing them in regard to the Premier League.