Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Pet hates in football

Not really N C F C related,we all love football most of the time but there are things that crop up that make us a little cross,not just loosing or sh*t players etc but odd things in the game that annoy.Mine is when managers at the end of a game point their players towards the fans to wave or clap instead of heading off down the tunnel,if the players cant be ar$ed to do it off their own backs it is not worth anything them being told to do it.Well that''s mine,you lot got any.

Applauding the opposition for thumping the ball out for a goal kick when your team put the ball out halfway in their half because they had some tart rolling around on the floor needing a sponge-down.

clap, clap, clap.

Yeah, cheers. Now our promising possession has become a 50/50 aerial challenge on the half-way line, thanks.

Cocky, ignorant Man U "fans" who don''t know a smidgen about football and look at you like you''ve just escaped a mental asylum when you reveal you''re a Norwich fan. Especially bad when they try back their support up with poor knowledge or tenuous links as to why they support the team.

Believe it or not, Man U will have some proper supporters, they are just outweighed by the plastics. It''s why I want to see them fail, I have no problems with Man U as a club, i''m proud they''re English actually and it''s an institution and one of our greatest exports as a country. I don''t even mind plastic "fans" as not everyone who likes football needs to be obsessed. It''s the cocky, ignorant ones that get me.

Fans of once great teams harping on about how great they are (Leeds) and how they have a divine right to be back in the upper echelons of the footballing ladder. As my local club, I should want Leeds to get back to the premiership and I did for a while, but some of their fans have spoiled that opinion and it''s still quite nice to laugh at their ordeal.

The massive gap in elite football to grassroots level football. Surely each club in the top two divisions could find a spare million each year (some more so) to invest in a proper infrastructure so our Sunday league teams can have proper facilities. I don''t just mean the juniors that might make it one day, I mean the amateur leagues where most players just play for fun and will never make it. I think it would help set a good example to future professional players anyway if they saw the better infrastructure that their dads and uncles were playing under.

I have to say, paying £6 a time just to be able to use a decent 6 a side pitch is too much, there should be funded competitions and facilities, especially in the deprived areas. Football is a massive unifier and the unique thing about it is that it''s enjoyed throughout the class system and in most cultures. The amount of holidays or random places i''ve found myself in and then find a good game of football with a load of strangers from all creeds and cultures is unprecedented. Time for some of that Sky money to help maximise this potential.

Failing manager coming out in the press telling fans to unite & get behind the team, we know how important these coming games are, you don''t need to tell the thousands of us who have been through this before! We will be here long after you have gone!

When your star striker gets clattered, you win a free kick in a promising position, but because he needed the trainer on he has to go off while the kick is taken.

Where''s the advantage in that?

Players who commit a blatant foul then immediately stand up, hands out in a ''what? what did I do?'' manner.

Also the (seemingly) accepted niggly fouls given in the centre circle yet overlooked in the penalty area

Oh and the MOTD running order....

Letting the ball go out for a defensive throw-in when there''s no pressure, only to then give it straight away from the resultant throw-in.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Letting the ball go out for a defensive throw-in when there''s no pressure, only to then give it straight away from the resultant throw-in.
[/quote]

Yes that one drives me nuts.

Almost as bad is a player who could play it upfield but passes back to the goalie who is under pressure so hoofs it upfield from further back.

A pet hate for me is teams who timewaste so early in the game now.  in January I watched the whole of West Brom''s game against Southampton on TV, and West Brom would have settled for a point from the start and were time-wasting (at 0-0) even before half-time.  It made for a very dull game.  Well into the second half Southampton finally scored and West Brom sprang into life and created a good number of chances at the death - with some half-decent finishing they''d have got a point, but it made you wonder why they didn''t try a bit of attacking earlier on.

[quote user="Muffles"]

Players who commit a blatant foul then immediately stand up, hands out in a ''what? what did I do?'' manner.

Also the (seemingly) accepted niggly fouls given in the centre circle yet overlooked in the penalty area

Oh and the MOTD running order....

[/quote]

Grrrrrr...yes the angelic open palms gesture and any other attempt to influence the referee - diving gestures, card waving gestures, any dissent. I would give them a yellow card every time.

And bloody defenders who shield the ball out over the goal line at all costs by obstructing the opposing player.

When did this stop being an offence?

Grrrr Grrrr Grrrr

Time wasting. Not when you are 1-0 up in injury time, but when there''s half an hour left, or worse, from minute 1. There is nothing worse than what we saw from David Mardshall & Michel Vorm taking forever just to take a goal kick right from the start of the game.

Referees holding their hand in the air, pointing to their watch to let the crowd know they are aware of timewasting. Just book the f''in player so they cant do it again, instead they keep pointing to to their watch until they get bored of it. Then they do nothing.

I actually think timewasting is right up there with diving in the fact that it cheats fans who have paid hard earned money to watch a game of football, not for a gk to take 5 minutes over every goal kick. It even winds me up when Ruddy does it.

and another thing that really gets my goat is when you buy a shirt for half price in the club shop thinking you have a bargain and then they go and change it for the next season, bloody disgraceful!!!!!!!  [:@]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

Grrrrrr...yes the angelic open palms gesture and any other attempt to influence the referee - diving gestures, card waving gestures, any dissent. I would give them a yellow card every time.

And bloody defenders who shield the ball out over the goal line at all costs by obstructing the opposing player.

When did this stop being an offence?

Grrrr Grrrr Grrrr[/quote]ah yes, forgot about that one. Add to that defenders who stop their runs so that the attacker has no option but to run straight into the back of them. And the referees who cannot grasp that this is happening and give a foul to the defender every time

Player''s ''Agents''.....

Referees that think they''re more important than the game they''re supposedly officiating......

Any player that brandishes an imaginary card in the face of a referee to get someone a booking or sent off......

Those who feign injury and roll around like they''ve taken two rounds in each shin from the stadium sniper, then immediately rise to their feet - and proceed to run around like an ant on acid......

People around me in a stadium with questionable personal hygiene and dental habits.....and also those who fart a lot.....  

Going down because a player is touched rather than fouled.

Looking for contact and a penalty, instead of looking to score.

Stupid kick off times!

Not playing full strength teams in the cups.

When a linesman doesn''t know which way a decision should go, waits for the first sign of the ref''s arm going up and then quickly raises his flag as if he knew all along.

The new trend for a  minutes applause instead of a minutes respectful silence. This has been adopted because a few ignorant knobs don''t have the self control to keep quiet for 60 seconds.

Probably all of the above plus fans who think they can do a better job than the manager and that their Grandmother could have saved/scored that, God rest her soul.

Fans who think the mamnager and players are robots who should perform at 100% just because the earn £xxx pounds per week.

Anyone who earns thousands of £''s per week from the game but doesn''t appreciate thier wages come from the fans who pay to watch, whether it be live or via SKY or BT,

110% agree. Its ridiculous.

Also, getting critisised for eating a hotdog (and in the past smoking) during a minutes silence.