Sign in to follow this  
!M.u.s.t.a.r.d_M.a.t.t.e.r.s!

Sunderland Next Saturday .... Penalty!!!!

22nd March 2014The buses have been parked at both ends for 85 minutes. The score is 0-0 and a small - very small - but vociferous minority, with extremely high-pitched voices are preparing for their 5pm demo. There is a lot of shuffling in the crowd by those who have p**sed their pants at the thought of impending relegation - and also by those who fear they might do likewise if they support the other demo by remaining in their seats until midnight.In a last-ditch attempt to salvage victory, CH has brought on 3 subs. in the 86 minute - a move that has surprised Mark Le Tissier somewhat but has paid off handsomely as a penalty is given. The incident is a little unclear as a lot of pushing and shoving was going on but something must have happened as 5 Norwich players found themselves on the ground. It seems that Becchio had pushed into Elmander who had pushed into Snodgrass and so on in their eagerness to take the only chance created so far. But who, if anybody, pushed Becchio is not the question. In the context of ''death before relegation'', POTS, Hall of Fame and a host of other factors, the question is:Who should take the penalty? The players are:RuddyWhittakerOlssonTetteyYoboJohnsonSnodgrassHoolahanElmanderRVWBecchioIt was a strange dream - a nightmare in some people''s eyes. Wiz was the ref. Waveney and Thorpe looked like 2 of the officials occasionally merging into one. The fourth official seemed to spend most of his time checking the soles of the supporters'' rather than the subs. and talking about plastic. I was pleading that my plasticity quotient was well within the limits and woke up just as the ball was kicked by.......... I don''t even know if it was a goal.

Elmander all day long, and to be honest I dont know why him. I just feel he would rip the net apart.You didnt field Rus Martin or I would have chosen him , as true club / team capatin the weight would be his and I know he would step up.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Hoolahan. He''s scored plenty in his time here.[/quote]

As long as he doesn''t attempt a repeat of that Leicester penalty!

I''d actually let Snodgrass take it, as he is the only player in the squad in any sort of goal scoring form.

[quote user="Mustard Matters"]22nd March 2014

The buses have been parked at both ends for 85 minutes. The score is 0-0 and a small - very small - but vociferous minority, with extremely high-pitched voices are preparing for their 5pm demo. There is a lot of shuffling in the crowd by those who have p**sed their pants at the thought of impending relegation - and also by those who fear they might do likewise if they support the other demo by remaining in their seats until midnight.

In a last-ditch attempt to salvage victory, CH has brought on 3 subs. in the 86 minute - a move that has surprised Mark Le Tissier somewhat but has paid off handsomely as a penalty is given. The incident is a little unclear as a lot of pushing and shoving was going on but something must have happened as 5 Norwich players found themselves on the ground. It seems that Becchio had pushed into Elmander who had pushed into Snodgrass and so on in their eagerness to take the only chance created so far. But who, if anybody, pushed Becchio is not the question.

In the context of ''death before relegation'', POTS, Hall of Fame and a host of other factors, the question is:

Who should take the penalty?

The players are:

Ruddy
Whittaker
Olsson
Tettey
Yobo
Johnson
Snodgrass
Hoolahan
Elmander
RVW
Becchio

It was a strange dream - a nightmare in some people''s eyes. Wiz was the ref. Waveney and Thorpe looked like 2 of the officials occasionally merging into one. The fourth official seemed to spend most of his time checking the soles of the supporters'' rather than the subs. and talking about plastic. I was pleading that my plasticity quotient was well within the limits and woke up just as the ball was kicked by.......... I don''t even know if it was a goal.
[/quote]

Had I really been ref fella we wouldn''t have needed a bloody penalty to win in the first place.........it would have been all over by half time![:D]

Ah, Hooper not listed. RVW then. It''s s**t or bust for him really. Stick that away and he could rescue our season and his NCFC career.

Didn''t Whittaker used to take them for Rangers?

Pretty sure he did and had a very good record.

Hoolahan joke penalty was against Preston tried the same for Blackpool when he played for them against their nearest team.

[quote user="pete"]Hoolahan joke penalty was against Preston tried the same for Blackpool when he played for them against their nearest team.[/quote]

You are correct sir.

[quote user="skippdogg"]sure hughton said rvw will take them if he is playing[/quote]

Surely if we are in the opposition penalty area the players must be ignoring whatever Houghton has instructed anyway.

[quote user="Wiz"]Had I really been ref fella we wouldn''t have needed a bloody penalty to win in the first place.........it would have been all over by half time![:D][/quote]Yep, Sunderland 6-0 up just so you could say "I told you so"...