Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

What do they do in traynun Neeeull....

[quote user="NWC"]lovee it. Jonas looks quite skilful![/quote]

You would hope so for an (ex?) Argentinian international to be fair! I thought he was our best player on the pitch on his debut, and sounds very versatile so look forward to seeing him soon - I hope Hughton figures out how to utilise him to our advantage when he comes back to first team action, it seems he can play a number of positions.

I could see Jonas used in a 4-4-2 where when we attack, it graduates to a 4-3-3 with the opposite winger joining the forwards, which in this case would be Snodgrass.

A little bit responsible for my tastes, but at least we have options again now.

I''m no coach but there''s not enough off the ball movement in those little passing exercises. Players without the ball have got to keep moving looking for space. If the guy with the ball has to wait for movement he is going to be tackled and lose possession.

Easy RTB!

That was only a 2 minute snapshot, and I believe they were told (couldn''t quite hear Calderwood properly so stand to be corrected) to stay in the squares and then progress?

you could be right crabby but what RTB describes is also seen every week on the field of play.

Ok I''m just showing off now, but If I was a coach, another thing I''d do is try to get some kind of pattern going in the off the ball running, that is to say not just leave it up to the player to make some random movement that he thinks might be a good idea.

Because if the guy with the ball can anticipate where the runs are going to be made he can make the pass just that fraction of a second sooner and put the defenders at more disadvantage. At this level of football fractions of a second can make all the difference.

Or maybe I''m talking balls.