Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Elmander - Boo Boys

In my mind it wasn''t the introduction of Elmander that upset the fans, it was the withdrawal of Hooper for Redmond that was signaled just as Elmander entered the pitch.  You can never question Johan''s commitment to the cause, he offers good link up play and gives 100%.http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/johan_elmander_can_win_over_the_norwich_city_boo_boys_1_3459746

[quote user="Matt Juler"]In my mind it wasn''t the introduction of Elmander that upset the fans, it was the withdrawal of Hooper for Redmond that was signaled just as Elmander entered the pitch.  You can never question Johan''s commitment to the cause, he offers good link up play and gives 100%.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/johan_elmander_can_win_over_the_norwich_city_boo_boys_1_3459746
[/quote]

Spot on Mr Matt and most fans realise it they''re honest.

I don''t have any issue with Elmander, his work rate is good. Hughton''s last paragraph is spot on, this needs to be aligned with quality to do the job. So do you criticise the player for giving what he has got or is the manager accountable for signing someone without the quality to deliver, or setting the team up in a way which doesn''t enable him to deliver?

Either way, I can''t see Elmander''s loan being extended.

Win over the boo boys makes it sound so dramatic! Th reality is that Emander has produced little to our campainge other than his effort which cannot be faulted.

He is an aging mid talented player who has failed to score more than once and not really had much impact to our attacking options which are all questionable. He is not worse than Becchio or RVW as all three have failed to live up the task asked of  them, only Hooper can hold his head up.

Elmander is not the point of the boo boys, but Hughton choices are from what I have seen, Elmander works hard but is pretty low on talent and scoring ability, something you have to ask Hughton to why he thought worth a 1.8 million loan fee and the rported 60K a week wage, given Elmander never really did the business for Bolton (18 goals in 90 odd games).

Elmander was possibly worth a punt but has been an expensive mistake as he is supposed to be on £60 000 or so a week. This does get boring but our other forwards are not that bad if they are deployed and serviced properly something that has not been done all season and that is down to management decisions. Becchio in tandem with either Hooper or RVW would i am sure have reaped some dividends. If we can scrape over the line great and get rid of CH and move on, if we do not scrape over the line lets get rid of CH and move on

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]In my mind it wasn''t the introduction of Elmander that upset the fans, it was the withdrawal of Hooper for Redmond that was signaled just as Elmander entered the pitch.  You can never question Johan''s commitment to the cause, he offers good link up play and gives 100%.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/johan_elmander_can_win_over_the_norwich_city_boo_boys_1_3459746
[/quote]

Spot on Mr Matt and most fans realise it they''re honest.

[/quote]

Morty doesn''t ! I felt it was spontaneous and provoked by a combination of factors but IMO the booing was definitely not aimed at Elmander.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Elmander was possibly worth a punt but has been an expensive mistake as he is supposed to be on £60 000 or so a week. This does get boring but our other forwards are not that bad if they are deployed and serviced properly something that has not been done all season and that is down to management decisions. Becchio in tandem with either Hooper or RVW would i am sure have reaped some dividends. If we can scrape over the line great and get rid of CH and move on, if we do not scrape over the line lets get rid of CH and move on[/quote]

Hi Yorkshire, just wondering how you can be SURE that playing Becchio would have reaped any benefit at all? I understand in some ways the "well could it have been less productive" mindset but from what I''ve seen of Mr Becchio, I wouldn''t be keen to place him in front of any of the other three if all are fit.

I''d also point out that Hooper and Elmander played together a fair amount around the time that Hooper scored in a few consecutive home games, perhaps they complimented each other a bit better than it was deemed at the time?

They''re just my thoughts, Elmander shouldn''t be boo''d though, in fact no City player should be subjected to that.

[quote user="Indy"]

He is not worse than Becchio or RVW as all three have failed to live up the task asked of  them, only Hooper can hold his head up.

[/quote]

And Hooper hasn''t added to his 5 league goals for 3 months - though he''s had some chances to.

Awww Snoots, you still crying about that?

Elmander WAS booed at the Stoke home game, and he has also had sung "Fuck off Elmander, we''d rather have Holt"

So don''t try and tell me theres nothing in this.

[quote user="morty"]

Awww Snoots, you still crying about that?

Elmander WAS booed at the Stoke home game, and he has also had sung "Fuck off Elmander, we''d rather have Holt"

So don''t try and tell me theres nothing in this.

[/quote]

Ah, it''s good old sheepdog Morty, the know all who calls people knobs and morons. Crying doesn''t come into it so please don''t be so snidey. The discussion/argument that we had the other day was about the booing at the Southampton game when Elmander most definitely was not singled out by the fans who booed. And, for the record, I don''t agree with fans booing any players (or the manager) but my feeling at the match (I wasn''t at the Stoke match so can''t comment) was that it was Hughton and the sudden introduction of three subs after we were 2-0 down that spontaneously provoked booing and instantaneously became a chant of "you don''t know what you''re doing". As for tomorrow, I hope that no fans boo either players or manager and instead unite behind the team and the club.

At the Southampton game, the 3 "fans " in front of me booed Almander when he came on. Along with a load of other fans. Disgraceful and don''t pretend it didn''t happen.

[quote user="Dicky"]At the Southampton game, the 3 "fans " in front of me booed Almander when he came on. Along with a load of other fans. Disgraceful and don''t pretend it didn''t happen.[/quote]

I''ve been watching that Salamander series on TV. Really enjoying it.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Dicky"]At the Southampton game, the 3 "fans " in front of me booed Almander when he came on. Along with a load of other fans. Disgraceful and don''t pretend it didn''t happen.[/quote]

I''ve been watching that Salamander series on TV. Really enjoying it.[/quote]

Making light of it doesn''t make it any better.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Dicky"]At the Southampton game, the 3 "fans " in front of me booed Almander when he came on. Along with a load of other fans. Disgraceful and don''t pretend it didn''t happen.[/quote]

I''ve been watching that Salamander series on TV. Really enjoying it.[/quote]

Making light of it doesn''t make it any better.

[/quote]

I''m not making light of it. It''s hardly a sitcom. looking forward to the next episode. The last one ended on a cliff hanger. As for booing players etc, that subject has become so booring that I can''t be bothered discussing it anymore.

I think any player that always gives 100% in a yellow shirt will always be appreciated by fans, its the lack of work-rate of so-called superstars that infuriate me.Elmander is past his sell by date but still works his nuts off but is he good enough to keep us up?

When looking back on the season to date and the job in hand, then it wouldnt be a surprise to see Elmander in the team tomorrow at all. He has played in a lot of big matches in his career,is still a regular in the Swedish team and as such should have the type of experience we need right now.

Whoever plays needs to have the bit between their teeth and be up for the battle.   If he is picked alongside Hooper or Rvw, it means we will have one of them and/or Wes on the bench to bring on later in the game.     I think he deserves to start alongside one of the strikers, gets in the faces of the Sunderland players and helps create something.    He is a good player imo and it could be that  the Sunderland game is a game he could have an effect in.