Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

What's gone wrong with Pilks ?

I know! It seems he''s lost some of that spark he used to have. Perhaps he''s struggling to get to full fitness like RVW seemingly is. Even Howson didn''t look great when he returned and Bassong has suffered this season. Perhaps it''s becoming harder to get full fitness back in the premiership?

I think I might have mentioned it on another thread somewhere but...

Although Hoolahan took all the headlines in January he might not have been the only player who tried to get out.

To be honest, I dont want to see players at our club who want out when things start to get tough. If that is the case, even with Pilks, who I am a big fan of then its unacceptable.......taht sadi, he could well be struggling to step it up, as mentioned, it cant beeasy coming back in after such a long lay off......mmm maybe he gets a couple more chances......but that wasnt good Saturday!     

He''s probably just upset he plays for Norwich so is only worth £500k because playing in the PL for Norwich doesn''t count...

There''s been several occasions where he''s flung his arms up and had heated words with CH and CC on the sideline. I don''t think there''s much love there.

However, that said, really valid point made on here in regards to the lack of regular competitive reserves fixtures. Best league in the world supposedly, but only for the ''elite'' few.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]To be honest, I dont want to see players at our club who want out when things start to get tough. If that is the case, even with Pilks, who I am a big fan of then its unacceptable.......taht sadi, he could well be struggling to step it up, as mentioned, it cant beeasy coming back in after such a long lay off......mmm maybe he gets a couple more chances......but that wasnt good Saturday!     [/quote]

It''s not about wanting out when the going gets tough. Wes esp just wanted to play and pilks is no doubt the same.

It''s prob down to not having a manager that believes in him and uses him sparingly.

He looked quality under PL but a shadow of that under CH. To be fair not many players look good at the minute. Coincidence?

Championship player at best hasn''t got a fight in him wants it on a plate and can''t open his legs when he needs to get by a full back get rid

Pretty sure we do( have 12 mth option). An in form Pilks is a mighty player, two footed, good shot, good cross, good with his head. He''s a big miss for us when not in top form.... keep him, he''d cost a lot more to replace. Probably just needs a run of games, and so we''re back to lack of reserve team competitive fixtures. Too many players seem to return not fully match fit.

I think we''re guilty of judging our players on their very best days. All of our players are good enough on these occasions. Unfortunately the majority can''t do it consistently. I think that''s why we had such success under lambert. Somebody you can get the best out of average players. An excellent motivator. This isn''t a slight on hughton. I just don''t see the players willing to run through brick walls for him. Having a squad with too many inconsistent players is our downfall. Out of all our signings over the last 5 years, how many have been PROVEN in the PREMIER when they signed?

[quote user="vlad666"]I think we''re guilty of judging our players on their very best days. All of our players are good enough on these occasions. Unfortunately the majority can''t do it consistently. I think that''s why we had such success under lambert. Somebody you can get the best out of average players. An excellent motivator. This isn''t a slight on hughton. I just don''t see the players willing to run through brick walls for him. Having a squad with too many inconsistent players is our downfall. Out of all our signings over the last 5 years, how many have been PROVEN in the PREMIER when they signed?[/quote]

Only Bassong?, maybe Michael Turner? I suppose Gutierrez counts, but you''re right, we don''t have any players who have played a significant part in the PL with any other club. But then look at Southampton...all youth team, players that came up with them from League One like us and excellent buys from the foreign leagues. Very few established PL players in their or in Swansea''s teams for example.

Look what PL experience did for QPR last year!

[quote user="vlad666"]I think we''re guilty of judging our players on their very best days. All of our players are good enough on these occasions. Unfortunately the majority can''t do it consistently. I think that''s why we had such success under lambert. Somebody you can get the best out of average players. An excellent motivator. This isn''t a slight on hughton. I just don''t see the players willing to run through brick walls for him. Having a squad with too many inconsistent players is our downfall. Out of all our signings over the last 5 years, how many have been PROVEN in the PREMIER when they signed?[/quote]

Only Bassong?, maybe Michael Turner? I suppose Gutierrez counts, but you''re right, we don''t have any players who have played a significant part in the PL with any other club. But then look at Southampton...all youth team, players that came up with them from League One like us and excellent buys from the foreign leagues. Very few established PL players in their or in Swansea''s teams for example.

Look what PL experience did for QPR last year!

Have never really rated him. Seems to have long anonymous spells. Watching Soton game extended highlights I can hardly recall him being mentioned. BUT it is fair to say that not one player has really moved on and improved since the arrival of Hughton and his management team.