Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Nathan Redmond...

I fail to see why Redmond doesn''t start on the right...

The undroppable Snodgrass is capable of playing on the left so why not play our most influential player in his best/favourite position?

PLEASE!

I think you''ll find he already is....

Snodgrass may not be anywhere near his best this season. But he''s done a hell of a lot more than Redmond. Who is no where near our most influential player.

And even on the right Redmond cuts in and shoots half the time, might as well just let him do that on his stronger foot.

Redmond cuts in and shoots because he''s playing on the left wing and has no left foot...

Umm did you jot read what I said?

He cuts in from the right and shoots on his left. Does that as much as he crosses. Watford was the only time he played on the right and actually consistently crossed rather than cut in like usual.

And even on the right he''s not that accurate crosser of the ball, maybe it''d work that If he did it enough we''d get some good chances. But Snkdgrasss is the closest we have to an inform player at the moment.

And trust me I''m by no means his biggest fan, advocated his dropping a number of times this season, and even last season. If anything Snodgrass is my whipping boy so to speak.

One of Hughtons biggest faults this season has been continually playing Snodgrass and Redmond out of position on their weaker sides!

Redmonds devastating on the right with his pace, although his end product needs vast improving. On the left where he plays most of the time, he is nullifyed cause on his weaker side his pace is slowed down.

Snodgrass is in the team primarily for his set pieces but hes left footed so playing on the right he rarely gets decent crosses in. He played on the left for Leeds regularly so why not play him there now?

Many people can see this including football experts so why can''t Hughton?

This season I''ve tryed to refrain from going overboard on critiscising Hughton cause I still maintain that our onfield struggles are not all down to him but the bloke doesn''t help himself with his team selections and substitutions. Simple logic is play your best available 11 and in their favoured positions, b*llocks to all this expert theories used by managers which usually ends up worse off!

Hughton''s favoured system is with two inverted wingers.

It has not worked ........... it does not work ............. it will not work.

The sooner we allow our wingers to hit the goal line and get crosses in the sooner our expensive strikers will start scoring goals.

It has been tried a number of times. In fact it happens most games, Redmond and Snoddy swap wings.
But it took Redmond 90 mins against a poor defensive championship side in the League cup constantly running down the wing to actually put a cross on Hooper''s head. His crossing is just as erratic as his shooting. And Snodgrass is ACTUALLY IN FORM FOR GOODNESS SAKE.