Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

What is a must win game?

KTF obviously doesn''t fancy us to win what is a most important fixture City need to win to get the points needed. KTF is keeping the faith in City.

A "must win" game is one which, should the result go against us, would leave the supporters feeling very sad. Probably because it pretty much guarantees relegation. Players, conversely, will shrug their shoulders, phone their agents to sort out an inglorious yet hasty move to another club and sit back to enjoy their champagne in the VIP section of a local nite spot.

Read what I said in my previously post on this subject .

It''s a game I want to win and expect to win and it is as important as any match we have played in the last three PL seasons. I will be gutted if we do not win.

But it will not be the end of our season if we loose. It will mean the other matches become more important which ramps up the excitement. Entertaining stuff!!

This is far more fun the mid table boredom ! I am as excited about going tomorrow as any game in recent years. Sod being like Southampton. How boring must that now be with nothing to play for. This is a very entertaining season!

[quote user="Simple Jack"]A "must win" game is one which, should the result go against us, would leave the supporters feeling very sad. Probably because it pretty much guarantees relegation. Players, conversely, will shrug their shoulders, phone their agents to sort out an inglorious yet hasty move to another club and sit back to enjoy their champagne in the VIP section of a local nite spot.[/quote]

What a life you must lead Simple - a cynical world where everyone else is some kind of outsider.   Or is it perhaps that is how you see yourself?   An outsider in your own city/village/house/garden shed - or wherever it is you live........?

I don''t think Hughton will regard it as a must-win game. If he gets a draw tomorrow then he will still be in a job for the next match and unfortunately that will probably be what shapes approach to the match and his tactics will reflect that.In the big scheme of things, it is more of a must-win game for the club and fans, but not so much for Hughton.

Disagree Budgie.

If we draw tomorrow then the chances of our survival, and therefor Hughton''s future employment prospects, will be hugely damaged.

Hughton won''t be playing for a draw to keep his job for another week.

Sunderland and WBA are as close to must win games as it gets given the fixture list. Yes, there are strange results but that also goes for our relegation rivals. Someone will put a run together and get out of it; just hope it''s us.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Read what I said in my previously post on this subject .

It''s a game
I want to win and expect to win and it is as important as any match we have played in the last three PL seasons. I will be gutted if we do not win.

But it will not be the end of our season if we loose. It will mean the other matches become more important which ramps up the excitement. Entertaining stuff!!

This is far more fun the mid table boredom ! I am as excited about going tomorrow as any game in recent years. Sod being like Southampton. How boring must that now be with nothing to play for. This is a very entertaining season![/quote]It''s important we win tomorrow and it''s looking bleak if we don''t but I think last season''s home game against WBA just shaded it.If having a squeaky bum the whole time is more fun than mid-table boredom I''m not sure that many would agree.If this season - and last season - is Chris Hughton''s idea of '' entertaining '' then he''s clearly got the wrong end of the stick.

Figuratively, realistically, emotionally, practically, and for all intents and purposes, it''s a must win game, but literally and mathematically, it is not.

For those concerned about "loosing", we''ve been playing pretty tight at the back, having conceded just one goal (albeit a penalty) at home this year. Did you all (ya''ll) loose your spelling books?

budgiebird wrote the following post at 21/03/2014 6:20 PM:

I don''t think Hughton will regard it as a must-win game. If he gets a draw tomorrow then he will still be in a job for the next match and unfortunately that will probably be what shapes

approach to the match and his tactics will reflect that.

In the big scheme of things, it is more of a must-win game for the club and fans, but not so much for Hughton.

Whatever you think about Hughtons ability budgie, I wouldnt accuse him of putting self interest before whats right for the club.

Y’all (/jɔːl/ yawl) is a contraction of the words "you" and "all". It is used as a plural second-person pronoun. Commonly believed to have originated in the Southern United States, it is primarily associated with Southern American English, African-American Vernacular English, and some dialects of the Western United States.[2] It is also found in the English-speaking islands of the West Indies as well as in the Canadian province of Alberta.

My apologies Houston, no wonder Wikipedia''s free....!

Any time I''ve seen it written, it''s done as ya''ll. It was explained to me by native Southerners exactly as I put it. I''ll take their word over wiki.

Ignore wiki, just type "ya''" into Google and see what comes up.

Anyhoo, back to the football....

Once again , fuzzar, I looked at Southern sources, not google or wiki. Ya''ll is quite common, as I said, I see it more that the expected way although I don''t see either all that much. I do hear it daily, tho.