Haven''t seen it mentioned

-----------------ruddy------------

martin----yobo--bassong---olsson

-------------tettey----howson---------

snodgrass---hoolahan---redmond

------------------hooper---------------

!-0 win

what would be yours?

I''d go with Mrs Miggins, except I''d play BJ instead of Howson, who I thought lacked match sharpness when he came on against Stoke. I know he''s not going to get his form back while he''s on the bench, but this game might be too important for a loosener.

Why do people think the diamond operates with wingers?
It doesn''t.
We''d concede about 5 if we tried playing that just in the first half. Even against Sunderland. Even Wolfswinkle would manage to score if he were playing against that side.

can you say after scoring his first in the last match that elmander is our in form striker?......actually the worrying thing is that you can

He''s not in form. The only player we have who you can call in form goal scoring wise is Snodgrass who I think has managed three in the last couple months. Johnson has scored (2) double the amount of our four strikers combined (1) in 2014.
Hooper and RVW are seriously seriously lacking ''form'' and any sort of confidence in front of goal. Hooper has missed some very clear cut chances, around one per game since his Fulham goal. You can''t even just blame lack of service with him, although if he had 3/4 clear cut chances a game rather than one or two and a few half chances then you''d like to think he''d have not gone so long without a goal. Don''t know how his confidence went so quickly during one game, scored that fluke goal then missed a one on one and just hasn''t looked like scoring since.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]can you say after scoring his first in the last match that elmander is our in form striker?......actually the worrying thing is that you can[/quote]not necessarily, but i believe he is crucial in getting the best out of Hooper or RVW - how many has Hooper scored with Hoolahan as opposed to Elmander.

Ruddy,

Martin, Yobo, Bennett, Olsson

Snodgrass, Tettey, Howson, Redmond

Elmander, RVW

Really harsh on Johnson who would be dropped purely for tactical reasons - maybe have him in instead of howson or Tettey

The precise line-up is probably less important than the managerial attitude. Not just how positive/negative is Hughton''s approach beforehand - what kind of mentality he has instilled in the players - but how he reacts during the game. At 1-0 up with 25 minutes left, say, or 1-1with 10 minutes to go, what kind of substitutions might he make.

The thing is, we need to win the game, so although we could play johnson instead of howson (or hooligan), the question is do you trust our attacking players to produce the goods? Personally I think its wiser to play a box to box player instead of Johnson who doesn''t dictate play (however hard he tries).

Unanimous choice to revert to our previous back 4 then

I would start 4231

Ruddy

Martin yobo seb. Olsson

Tettey howson

Redmond wessi Redderz

Rvw

After last week and the elmander comments I can''t second guess what the starting xi will be

[quote user="lake district canary"]                 RuddyMartin Yobo Bassong Ollson          Tettey JohnsonRedmond  Howson Pilkington              Elmander            

[/quote]its a big call to play Elmander up top on his own - i don''t think the crowd would take too kindly to it, i don''t think Hughton would even tempt it. Has to be 2 up top with Elmander 1 of the 2 imo

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The thing is, we need to win the game, so although we could play johnson instead of howson (or hooligan), the question is do you trust our attacking players to produce the goods? Personally I think its wiser to play a box to box player instead of Johnson who doesn''t dictate play (however hard he tries).[/quote]bizarrely, Johnson has some goals to his name recently so could he considered attacking although I agree re. Howson. A few weeks ago we wouldn''t have dreamed of putting Johnson in the same bracket as Tettey, Fer or Howson

I would go with that LDC listed. I think Elmander would allow the midfield to link up - and that is where the goals are likely to come from.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 21/03/2014 6:11 PM:

I think i would go with this too Mrs Miggins, my big worry in there is Howson and his match fitness, If he finds form he could win it for us, but it looked to me as if he has a long way to go. Would probably take the risk for this game though. CH must not be afraid to get him off if he is struggling, but thats another story.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 21/03/2014 6:11 PM:

Although I like this line up, I suspect that CH will play either Howson or Hoolahan but not both. Sunderland would look to attack through those two if they both play. I think he will go with Tetty, Johnson and either Howson, Hoolahan or Jonas.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 21/03/2014 10:43 PM:

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Ollson

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Howson Pilkington

Elmander

That''s very strange LDC.

You have left out Snodgrass who epitomises everything that Hughton does. He is the player that makes Hughton stick to his inverted winger tactic.

By the look of your team you would be looking for more orthodox wing play, something that I, and I feel most canary supporters, would agree with.

It would, however, be very strange to revert to wide players ''on their right sides'' but not have either of the two highly priced, and proven in other leagues with different tactics, strikers playing for us.

Having said that, I would welcome anything rather than the double inverted winger tactic.

Tettey has been our most consistently high level performer for the last 5 or 6 games IMHO. Johnson has been close. They have been a very small shining light in the last few games.

Same team as the OP - hopefully we can get ahead, and then Johnson for Howson, Elmander for Hoolahan and RVW for Hooper (or Pilks for Redmond/Snodgrass) should all give us fresh options to help us keep that lead. Can''t see us scoring more than once, so defensive stability is vital, so we have to revert to our most established back four.

Johnson has been so very, very poor the last 3 games maybe he is due a good one.

But I wouldn''t pick him.