Sign in to follow this  
Manic Street Preacher

Investment - Another perspective

The club being well run, and, the difficulty in getting regional club are two defences that seemed to be used to defend.

I believe it can be argued that neither of these are true.

Whilst the aboard may not have sanctioned extravagant transfer fees, I would argue they have allowed the teams wage structure to spiral out of control. I believe an external saw has quoted wages as 75% of turnover. That is unsustainable in any form of business, and more importantly for NCFC outside of the Premier League.

Reading appear to have found a second Billionaire to take them over in two seasons. Yet, defenders of the NCFC Board often quote the clubs location, and relatively small catchment as reasons for lack of external investment.

I think you can counter argue this by going back to basic business principals;

1. How much value for money does the Board offer investors?

The last future I was quoted, was that DS was willing to sell for £40 million. I believe Reading was sold for in the region of £20 million. If so, there is no way on a Gods earth that NCFC is worth £40 million.

And more importantly

2. How much control of the club are current Board willing to relinquish?

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]The club being well run, and, the difficulty in getting regional club are two defences that seemed to be used to defend.

I believe it can be argued that neither of these are true.

Whilst the aboard may not have sanctioned extravagant transfer fees, I would argue they have allowed the teams wage structure to spiral out of control. I believe an external saw has quoted wages as 75% of turnover. That is unsustainable in any form of business, and more importantly for NCFC outside of the Premier League.

Reading appear to have found a second Billionaire to take them over in two seasons. Yet, defenders of the NCFC Board often quote the clubs location, and relatively small catchment as reasons for lack of external investment.

I think you can counter argue this by going back to basic business principals;

1. How much value for money does the Board offer investors?

The last future I was quoted, was that DS was willing to sell for £40 million.
I believe Reading was sold for in the region of £20 million. If so, there is no way on a Gods earth that NCFC is worth £40 million.

And more importantly

2. How much control of the club are current Board willing to relinquish?[/quote]I tend to follow this stuff, and I haven''t seen that figure mentioned by Delia or anyone senior at the club. Where did you see it?

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I''m probably wrong, but, I think it was about the time we were relegated to league 1[/quote]If you think you''re wrong, why on earth would you post it?

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I''m probably wrong, but, I think it was about the time we were relegated to league 1[/quote]I have never seen that figure, and certainly not back when we were relegated. The entire shareholding, which is more than Delia''s, was only valued then at  £16m.

Relegated to League One and Delia would sell for £40 million ?.......I will have a pint of whatever you are on.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]I''m probably wrong, but, I think it was about the time we were relegated to league 1[/quote]If you think you''re wrong, why on earth would you post it?[/quote]

I was just being polite.

She may not have been sober when she said it, but, I definitely think it''s something that she has said.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wouldn''t our current status as a Prem club have a major impact on the valuation?[/quote]

Not really. That''s probably far too an unstable factor to put any significant costing on.

You would look at the clubs accounts for the last 5/10 years to get a rough idea of revenue potential.

Other than the land they own, very few football clubs have any real value as a business.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Relegated to League One and Delia would sell for £40 million ?.......I will have a pint of whatever you are on.[/quote]

In terms of book value £40 maybe about right.

Cardiffs stadium cost£48.

What somebody is prepared to pay in reality might be completely different.