Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Norwich v Sunderland, Cardiff v Liverpool, Man City v Fulham

Saturday is definitely the biggest game of our season.  A win would be massive!!!

A win would not just put us 7 points ahead of Sunderland, but there''s a very good chance it would put us 7 points ahead of the bottom 3.

A win on Saturday and we''re staying up![Y]

It would indeed but where would a draw or a loss leave us?I''m not riddled with confidence that Norwich can rise to the occasion* here.*Yeah, sorry. Had the Climie Fisher CD on earlier.

I''m not usually into the term "six pointer" or even saying one game in this league is more important than the other..BUT....there are exceptions and this game is certainly it.

A win will no means mean that we will stay up though, because as we all suspect this roller coaster will continue probably until the last game.

Also, of course, Sunderland will most certainly see this game as huge and a game they can get something from and from what I have seen of them, take them lightly and they will punish you........a narrow win is the best we should expect....win ugly, win very ugly is fine by me right now.

City will win IF they want it bad enough. 

I defo agree that this weekend will decide our fate. I have had an awful feeling all season that Hughton has been getting lucky when it had got to win or die time, but that this would luck would run out when we had reached the point of no return! Hence I hardly enjoyed the win against Hull as it was obvious this would be followed by another poor run.I have a feeling we will draw saturday which will just keep him his job but not quite get us out of trouble. We will then lose to West Brom and there will be no time for recovery. Obviously we will have lost heavily away to Swansea and Fulham!This season has been "death by a thousand cuts"

I can''t be too enthusiastic about this weekend''s fixtures.  Football rarely goes how you want it to or how you expect.   A Spurs like performance or the narrow ugliest of wins would be brilliant, but as for other matches, there will be surprise results as usual.   Whatever happens it won''t decide the season, things are way too tight for that, but a win would go a long way to helping us feel a bit more positive about things. 

I don''t think it''s that big a claim to make that if we win on Saturday, we are staying up.  Certainly not bigger than if we lose, we are definitely going down.

Our home record this season is good.  There''s no getting away from that.

If we win, it may well put us 7 points clear of the bottom 3.

Yes, Sunderland would still have those games in hand, but look at their remaining fixtures.  After Saturday, Sunderland''s remaining away fixtures are - Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United.  You''d struggle to pick a much difficult 5 away games!

A win puts us on 32 points.  Our home record is good.  We are not going to lose the last 7.  We have never lost 7 in a row under Hughton and plus, did I mention, our home record is good. 

Get to 32 points on Saturday and we will definitely get enough points over the remaining 7 fixtures to stay up.  I am not saying it''s going to be pretty or nail biting.  I wouldn''t just automatically right off all of our remaining away games.  I do believe we will pick up more points away.  I have had a gut feeling for a long time that we would finish the season with 3 away wins.

The logic is sound. 7 points would be too much for others to make up.

The odds are that we will just stay up.

"There are 3 worse teams than us" is not such a bad statement in today ''s money-drenched premier league.

With games in hand, I''m not sure that 7 points would be too hard for others to catch up - especially with our last 4 games of the season. But certainly it will leave us looking a lot more comfortable than if we lose or draw!

Sunderland''s games in hand are Man city away and Arsenal away - The other is West Brom at home. So it''s gonna be pretty tough I think.

Perhaps the more realistic claim is ''If we win our next 2 home games we will stay up''? 

We are getting to tbe business end of the season and this really is a 6-pointer for once. 

A win and we''re close to safety, a defeat and we''re really in trouble, a draw is a bad result for us and a good result for them, so it''s not really a must-win, but it''s a game we really could do with winning.

We can all relax a little now!  As I was saying 32 points and 7 above the bottom 3 - is rather more comfortable. 

We thoroughly deserved that today and for once we got it.  Other results could not have been better either and hopefully Man U can beat West Ham, which will keep the hammers below us!

[:D][Y]