Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich City vs Sunderland match thread

Can anyone tell me which is the best stream to watch with very slow broadband (ie 4-5 Mbps) please?

[quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]Ruddy

Martin

Bassong

Yobo

Olsson

Tettey

Howson

Snodgrass

Hoolahan

Elmander

RVW[/quote]Subs: Bunn, Whittaker (listed as GK on the official site!!!), Johnson, Hooper, Gutierrez, Becchio, Elmander.

Slightly more sensible than the official site''s line-up, which has Whittaker as a goalie and Elmander starting and as a sub...

Norwich City (4-4-2): John Ruddy; Rusell Martin, Joseph Yobo, Sebastian Bassong, Martin Olsson; Robert Snodgrass, Johnny Howson, Alexander Tettey, Wes Hoolahan; Johan Elmander, Ricky van Wolfswinkel.Substitutes: Mark Bunn, Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Gary Hooper, Jonas Gutierrez, Lucciano Becchio, Nathan Redmond.

Sunderland (4-3-3): Vito Mannone; Phil Bardsley, John O''Shea, Wes Brown, Marcos Alonso; Liam Bridcutt, Jack Colback, Ki Sung-Yueng; Adam Johnson, Jozy Altidore, Fabio Borini.Substitutes: Oscar Ustari, Seb Larsson, Ondrej Celustka, Emanuele Giaccherini, Santiago Vergini, Nacho Scocco, Lee Cattermole.

---A bold choice by Hughton. Or foolhardy. And several changes back from last weekend. Will Hoolahan, if he is playing on the left, provide enough cover if Johnson starts attacking down that side?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Slightly more sensible than the official site''s line-up, which has Whittaker as a goalie and Elmander starting and as a sub...

Norwich City (4-4-2): John Ruddy; Rusell Martin, Joseph Yobo, Sebastian Bassong, Martin Olsson; Robert Snodgrass, Johnny Howson, Alexander Tettey, Wes Hoolahan; Johan Elmander, Ricky van Wolfswinkel.Substitutes: Mark Bunn, Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Gary Hooper, Jonas Gutierrez, Lucciano Becchio, Nathan Redmond.

Sunderland (4-3-3): Vito Mannone; Phil Bardsley, John O''Shea, Wes Brown, Marcos Alonso; Liam Bridcutt, Jack Colback, Ki Sung-Yueng; Adam Johnson, Jozy Altidore, Fabio Borini.Substitutes: Oscar Ustari, Seb Larsson, Ondrej Celustka, Emanuele Giaccherini, Santiago Vergini, Nacho Scocco, Lee Cattermole.

---A bold choice by Hughton. Or foolhardy. And several changes back from last weekend. Will Hoolahan, if he is playing on the left, provide enough cover if Johnson starts attacking down that side?

[/quote]
I feel for shape purposes and other consistency reasons, I''d probably have BJ in there rather than Wes to rough them up a bit more. I''d also want Hooper in there with Elmander, and some kind of outlet on the left, as there isn''t a player there that can do an effective job on the left to protect Olsson. I suppose Jonas would have been ideal if he were fitter. Is Pilks just left out altogether?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Please don''t tell me Wes is going to play on the left with Ollson.[/quote]
Or he''s at the tip of the diamond, with Howson on the left. Either way sounds like giving the initiative to A. Johnson

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Wes on the left of a 442 or Elmander on the left of a 4231?[/quote]
If it were say, the 4231, would that suggest Howson is sitting deep with Tettey as more of a DM? If so surely it''d be better having BJ there, I hate seeing Howson play that role as although his passing is better, he is wasted there.

Ricky will score today and we will win. I feel it in my fingers, and to a lesser extent I feel it in in the old toes too. Though that might be the rheumatism.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Ricky will score today and we will win. I feel it in my fingers, and to a lesser extent I feel it in in the old toes too. Though that might be the rheumatism.[/quote]

If you feel it in your fingers and you feel it in your toes Bor you are Wet Wet Wet. [:D]

no one will score today if snodgrass is delivering the crossesis this bloke even a winger !? 3 wayward attempts at balls into the box in the first 3 minutesshocking

Geddin!!!and the assist.. that would be Elmander again... lets stop this talk that he''s a crap player shall we?

If you feel it in your fingers and you feel it in your toes Bor you are Wet Wet Wet. - Tilly

Come on, Tilly, and just let it go. (whoa)

SNAAAAAHDGRASS!