Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

We are going to do it...

What do we need now, four points?

Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff are all terrible. No chance we are going to need any more than 36 points.

Which is handy really, because we''ve only realistically got 3 games to get them.

Can we start to think about finishing above Villa yet? And can we all now agree that Van Wolfswinkel is bloody useless and we should try and get a few million for him to bring in a real number 9 next season?

tena lady shares have dropped due to projected lower sales in norfolk as mystery pant wetting phenomenon suddenly stops

Nope afraid not, my stance remains unchanged.

This performance doesn''t change my opinion one bit, which is that Bassong is not the right captain, Van Wolfswinkel was a huge waste of money, our best player has been left out of the team 23 times out of 31 this season, and that our midfield trio showed that we don''t need to play two defensive midfielders like Hughton has been doing for most of his reign because like many of us have been saying... attack/possession is the best form of defence, and playing Hoolahan and Howson together in the same team is the best way to keep possession. He played two strikers too didn''t he?

Nice try but the whole game played right into the hands of his critics, who have been crying out for us to approach games like that for almost two full seasons now.

There is also the small matter of no home win being followed by an away win this season, and the simple fact that we will probably stay up this season not by reaching 39 points as is usually required, but because Sunderland, Fulham and Cardiff are completely gash.

Hughton still needs to go at the end of the season. I''ve been saying since late-December that it was too late to sack him, and so I remain (as I have been for some time now) a Hughton sacked-at-the-end-of-the-seasoner.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]tena lady shares have dropped due to projected lower sales in norfolk as mystery pant wetting phenomenon suddenly stops[/quote]

Sales of Vanish now on the rise.

"What a difference a day makes"

So let me get this straight... by wanting Hughton and Norwich to part ways in the summer (my stance for MONTHS) I wave my right to acknowledge the very occasional good performance?

But if I don''t acknowledge when we play well, other Hughton inners say "where are all the outers". So damned if you do and damned if you don''t, no matter what you do? Sums up this forum nicely really doesn''t it.

[quote user="Le Juge"]

Nice try but the whole game played right into the hands of his critics, who have been crying out for us to approach games like that for almost two full seasons now .[/quote]

We played like that against Man City and Spurs and to start with at Stoke but were stifled. We even played like that at Villa to start with.  Earlier in the season and away at Cardiff and West Ham we played like that without luck in front of goal. In other games we played with the same intent, but the opposition were better.     There have been poor games as well and poor results -  and goals have been hard to come by - but on recent evidence, even that may come right too.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 22/03/2014 6:04 PM:

"What a difference a day makes"

So let me get this straight... by wanting Hughton and Norwich to part ways in the summer (my stance for MONTHS) I wave my right to acknowledge the very occasional good performance?

But if I don''t acknowledge when we play well, other Hughton inners say "where are all the outers". So damned if you do and damned if you don''t, no matter what you do? Sums up this forum nicely really doesn''t it.

Take the chip off your shoulder, that comment was not directed at you!

LDC you can''t wait 30 games to get it right,

You can''t keep saying ''bad luck'' it''s more than just a coincidence.

If Hughton is here next season we''ll get a carbon copy of this one.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]LDC you can''t wait 30 games to get it right,

You can''t keep saying ''bad luck'' it''s more than just a coincidence.

If Hughton is here next season we''ll get a carbon copy of this one.[/quote]

Disagree.  Year three would improve.  Continuity is what will make this club an established club at this level.  Chopping and changing will have the opposite effect, both on playing and finances.    Hughton would continue to build, try to get the teams to play like this every week.   We''ve seen it quite a few times now. A Hughton team at its best.   Man City, Spurs now Sunderland.  Several other performances have been excellent without the luck/goals . The strikers need to get their confidence going now we are functioning better as a team - it will happen.

We are never going to be excellent every week - but things have never been as bad all the time as people have made out.  

Quite a few times LDC? Not enough. Thats where the problem lies. Citing a few performances, half of which we didn''t even win is hardly inspiring confidence in the current management.

I think today should be all about enjoying the performance from the players and the result we got.

For what it is worth I agree with most of what Le Juge said, which does not happen often. I do not have an issue with reasoned debate and it is good that Le Juge can put his feelings about Hughton etc to one side and acknowledge a good performance, nothing worse than an entrenched view (whatever that view is),.........

No doubt you tire of me telling you this but never the less it remains true.38 points will be well safe this season.