Sign in to follow this  
BOO

What happened against West Brom last season

So we went into the penultimate game last season against Weat Brom after a string of uninspiring performances and results turned them over 4 nill.

Does anybody know what really caused that to happen. From my memory we went out and played with a freedom and attacking intent that looked completely different to what had been served up before. Some even suggested a player revolt. Well the guy that does know what happened is CH so whatever it was, let''s have it again on Saturday!

What happened was that we were playing a West Brom team with nothing to play for and their manager was experimenting with their team. This saturday will be nothing like that match. We need to approach this game as a cup final because thats what they will be doing. I fear neither the team or management have the spirit and desire that will be needed.

West Brom didn''t really turn up did they. That''s not to say they were "on the beach" I don''t believe in that saying . Given Steve Clarke''s post match words that day, they definitely were treating the game seriously. They just played poorly and we got a bit of luck with some of the goals. One of them things.

West brom were "apparently on the beach" last season...

This year, we have been gutless against struggling teams. We dont play well under pressure. I really miss the Lambert teams when we had a do or die attitude, with so many late goals when we had nothing to lose

What like tha Sunderland away performance....we definately didnt "do" that day....but did "die".....also did happen a few other times too......but I do know where you are coming from with a few of the performances...

[quote user="Vanwink"]Was today a "West Brom" performance?[/quote]

There was no choice today the team had to go for it.

When they do they are good as they where the end of last season.