BBC Sport Football Predictor

Have you guys and gals seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

give it a go, my prediction see''s us in 16th with 39
then Fulham on 38
Palace 32
WBA 31
Southampton 29

of course very biased as I put us down for 3 wins out of 3.

There is also a page somewhere (my mate had it on his screen) where you can select the best of the premiership for the ultimate team. It gives you limited choices for each position e.g. in goal you can pick from Cech, Robinson and Martyn only. It is basically BBC choice of the best players for each position, anyway my point is Damo made it as one of the Midfielders to choose from, well done Damo.

I did the predictor straight after the Man U game, and also have us finishing in 16th. It must be right then !

I ran this through a couple of weeks ago - as even handedly as I could - and got us releated in 18th position on goal difference to WBA.

Thankfully, if I now run it, WBA have sunken and are no longer a threat - but Palace are. Its us or Palace. Of course, if we should win all three, it could be us, Palace or Fulham.

[quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3569808.stm thats the link for the premiership team of the season, really dont know how andrew johnson made it into the starting 11..... only norwi...[/quote]

Johnson makes the team as voted for by his fellow professional, who seem to have remembered his early season goals over trumpeted by a london biased media who have failed to notice the number of penalties or failure to score from open goals.

Likewise what have Ferdinand (Carragher far more impressive this season) or Gerrard (a poor season, 1 good game heralded by the media, 3 anonymous ones overlooked, so much so that ALL the scouse fans I know feel they are better without him) done to get such support.

I can here worthy looking for a re-count of the votes as surely Flem was amongst the top defenders???

Well done Damo for getting noticed - no small achievement at all.

OTBC     

[quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3569808.stm thats the link for the premiership team of the season, really dont know how andrew johnson made it into the starting 11..... only norwi...[/quote]

And Shearer - pur-lease...

OTBC

What is particularly interesting about this is that Fulham and even Portsmouth could very easily be dragged into this and also be fighting for their survival in the Premiership on the final day...

Having put a number of scenarios into this, from worst to best options (and being sensible about it) we go down once but stay up every other time - even moving a couple of places away from danger.

Not bad reading for the half full pint kind of people....!