Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

McSally panicked patronisation of city fans

He really thinks we are so dumb. He continues to believe he''s a clever PR machine. Sure Norwich are great fans (some would say blindly loyal to a deluded level) but we are not the "envy of the world". Does he honestly think that we think that the Barca season ticket holders are thinking "I wish we were more like Norwich fans". It''s plainly ridiculous and a pathetic attempt to try to win over Norwich fans as his hopeless manager plunges us into the championship. How refreshing a bout of honesty would be - " I screwed up. I should have got rid of CH sooner. I am sorry". It''s patronising tosh as he continues to fiddle as city burns.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]He has to go in the summer as well as hapless. To make way for the second coming.[/quote]Christ! is Worthy coming back?

I must admit the "envy of world football" comment made me cringe, especially when it''s directly followed by a plea to actually make some noise. Even worse when he thinks we need bits of cardboard in order to do so.

Thoroughly embarrassing.

Still, it''s preferable to letting Delia loose with the sherry and a microphone again.

Anyone else hate the old spiel of "our fans are the envy of wprld football" & stuff like "best supporters in the land"

Boring !!!

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Why the comparison to Barca, anyway should Barca ever descend to the third teir of Spanish football it would be interesting to see how loyall (and deluded) Barca fans really are........[/quote]Nobody does loyal and deluded like we do.[:D]

Patronising?  Or showing support?   Some of you don''t know the difference.    He is CEO of the club. What do you expect him to say?  That we''re cr*p supporters who don''t make enough noise?   He says we have the best fans in the country - our following in League 1 kind of proved that - and our away support too.   So what''s wrong with that?  Whats wrong with wanting a fantastic atmosphere at the next few games - they are the most important games of the season?    What''s wrong with you lot?   McNally is one of the chief reasons the club is in good condition financially and is directly responsible for getting Lambert - and for getting Hughton - and lets remember the season isn''t over yet and there is still time to turn it round.  So go on - what is your gripe?   That McNally and the board have held their nerve and not given in to the panicked calls for Hughton''s head?  That you feel you have been snubbed because Hughton is still here, even though the league is so close this year that any of nine teams could still go down?   Some people still think this season is still on, even though some others appear to think its over.   I wonder who is correct? 

Come the end of the season you will all come to realise that I called it right very early in the season re hapless and mcnasty.

It''s a heavy burden being bang on all the time👍👍👍👍

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Come the end of the season you will all come to realise that I called it right very early in the season re hapless and mcnasty.

It''s a heavy burden being bang on all the time👍👍👍👍[/quote]

No one gives a sh*t  what you think now or thought six months ago.  So if you feel you have heavy burden it is a delusional one, because no one cares. 

I am certainly not one of the McNally critics, one of those who have become signed up members in the past couple of weeks. Generally, his actions have been good and his talk has made sound sense also.

However, I bet he is really peed-off with himself for the "envy of world football" comment. Yes, he needs to speak and be visible at times like this but patronising talk such as this will have the opposite effect. He needs to get the support behind the club, all this will have done is alienated fans.

Pretty much every home town team in every sport says their fans are the best in the world which makes me think not a whole lot of research goes into such lofty proclamations.

Sort of guff Doncaster used to spew out, reckon we just need The Doc or Darel Russell to give it some "do our talking on the pitch" nonsense and we''re back to 2005.

I think you''ll find this is pretty much our CEO doing what a CEO is paid to do. They all big up their supporters, perhaps DM goes a bit far, but so what. At the moment he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn''t. [I sometimes get the impression that sone of our supporters have never been out of the Fine City, let alone the county, so perhaps they don''t know what happens elsewhere].

The truth is that our supporters are certainly loyal (on the whole) and that does make others (eg binners) rather envious.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Sort of guff Doncaster used to spew out, reckon we just need The Doc or Darel Russell to give it some "do our talking on the pitch" nonsense and we''re back to 2005.[/quote]

That''s right Bor[Y] He''s now as useless as Doomcaster but we''ve arrived at that point pretty quickly even by Pink Un standards.

So, like in 2005 anyone would be better than the manager and the CEO is part of the spin machine trying to do the fans down. They are now the enemy. Any success now will be in spite of them and not because of them.

Anyone remember what happened next|[:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

No one gives a sh*t  what you think now or thought six months ago.  So if you feel you have heavy burden it is a delusional one, because no one cares. 

[/quote]

I see you still do irony Lakey. It''s as though I have never been away. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]No one gives a sh*t  what you think now or thought six months ago.  So if you feel you have heavy burden it is a delusional one, because no one cares. 

[/quote]I see you still do irony Lakey. It''s as though I have never been away. [;)][/quote]

Ah...but I''ve never claimed to have a heavy burden...........

Good to see you back by the way [Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Why the comparison to Barca, anyway should Barca ever descend to the third teir of Spanish football it would be interesting to see how loyall (and deluded) Barca fans really are........[/quote]Nobody does loyal and deluded like we do.[:D][/quote]

Brilliant Ricky. LOL

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I miss peter grant. Had nice curls. Nice guy, good coach.

Apparently his boy is a decent player for our 18s.[/quote]

And it''s funny how people can talk so fondly about Grant but not Worthy. Met both a few times, both nice guys, both good coaches, but Worthy delivered as a manager too.

Peter Grant made a decisive decision for the Board.

Nigel Worthington was let down by the Board who could have sacked him but chose to let his star fade by keeping him on.

Worthy knew what a bunch of ditherers employed him, he had to give them an ultimatum just to get the job in the first place.

Our Board has almost always dithered. Good job the cook doesn''t slaughter her own meat, everyone would starve waiting for the chicken, sheep, cow, pig to die a natural death.

So in came McNally and so unlike Norwich Gunn was fired. In came a manager too hot for the Board, despite his dramatic success and the Chairman actually complaining he was ''the most impatient manI have ever met.'' At last, we thought, a decisive CEO and Manager.

But something went wrong. But not before we got precisely to where we wanted so it should have been fine. But then.........

The CEO went soft, a manager was brought in who was a ditherer and forelock tugger in the Boards image and the rest is history.

Was McNally gelded after Lambert went to Villa? Why has he overseen such a malaise? Why has our pugnacious spirit been allowed to leave with Lambert?

The spirit within Norwich City is sh!t. The patronisation of fans, the disdain shown to fans by players, the silence of the Board, the wet management of the team. If we wanted another dose of the clappers we''d go kerb crawling along Portman Road.

Flipping Nora, i shink your been waiting to get that off your chest for a little while Rudolf.

That read a bit like you dint really like Delia or the cook or whatever too much before we got good and now things have gone a bit the other way your a bit keen to get the knives out (kitchen ones i reckon) to have another go.

At sound like wholesale change is what you want, rather than just having a good old moan, have you got any suggestions about who want to be taking over? They want a few quid more than your cook have got thats for sure.

''Shink?'' Are you Dutch, farmer?

Seriously, I love Delia, she is genuine but does well to leave most decisions to someone more dispassionate and it seemed David McNally was the ideal foil. She is loyal to people but that isn''t always right in business so she needs the right people around her. BTW she isn''t a chef but has made a career out of good but not extraordinary talent so good luck to her.