Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Wes Hoolahan

I didnt see the match but was watching Sky Sports Soccer Special this afternoon and Phil Thompson said that Wes Hoolahan should be on the team sheet every week. I hope he is from now on. Could not undrestand why he was not being played before. End to a perfect day with a win. Lets hope we carry on like today.

I was surprised he was dropped after his excellent showing against Stoke, so Hughton could switch to an uber-defensive lineup at Southampton.  The same deep central midfield lineup that blew the lead against Stoke.  A disastrous negative move that resulted in a complete massacre.

what about all the times he''s been played bad?

There are reasons why he hasn''t played as much as he has, but there are games where he could have been used. Wes imo shouldn''t start every game, just like pilkington or redmond shouldn''t start every game; they''re great players, but inconsistent.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what about all the times he''s been played bad?

There are reasons why he hasn''t played as much as he has, but there are

games where he could have been used. Wes imo shouldn''t start every game,

just like pilkington or redmond shouldn''t start every game; they''re

great players, but inconsistent.[/quote]7 starts this season when we have supposedly had a midfield injury crisis. Whether he plays well or not seems to have no bearing on whether he will appear for another game.  Sadly I don''t think we will have to worry about this for much longer as it looks like he is off in the Summer along with Pilkington.

Even after a win you need a stick to bash Hughton with.

Hoolahan had a good game today. But the whole team played well today. Wes didn''t run the show but was part of a great team effort. And may I add, Hughton got everything right today, even the substitutions.

[quote user="Herman "]And may I add, Hughton got everything right today, even the substitutions.[/quote]Your comment gives away your views on the general quality of Hughton''s substitutions....But I agree, there were no ultra-defensive, bizzare, or frankly ridiculous substitutions today.  That makes two games in a row, as I think he deserves credit for his brave triple substitution against Southampton, even if his negative initial formation cost us that game.