Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Hughton out protest being organised on Facebook

[quote user="Le Juge"]"SAF had three seasons before it started to work for him" How many more times do we need to hear this stupid example. Ferguson took over in mid-November with Man United 21st in the league and led them to an 11th place finish. In his second season he led them to 2nd! His job wasn''t at risk until his 3rd or 4th season, where they struggled because he was still implementing a new philosophy and ethos at the club to use the youth system to create one of the best teams we''ve ever seen in this country. Ferguson''s first two seasons saw him take a relegation threatened team and lead them to safety and then to a 2nd place finish. You would have to be truly clutching at straws to find a way to compare his first two seasons with Hughton''s.[/quote]

I wasn''t, I was pointing out that it was incorrect to say that a manager never gets the crowd back on their side.

I''m not Hughton''s greatest fan but the idea of a tin pot quasi military style protest is laughable. It will just be a bunch of snakepit fucktards anyway.

The BoD are not stupid, they know we are a bad position and i''m sure they have discussed several scenarios about what to do over and over again. They have obviously made the decision to stick with Hughton and like it or not we should respect that.

What exactly happens when we win? It''s going to look really stupid then.

[quote user="Brightside"]I''m not Hughton''s greatest fan but the idea of a

tin pot quasi military style protest is laughable. It will just be a bunch of

snakepit fucktards anyway. The BoD are not stupid, they know we are a bad

position and i''m sure they have discussed several scenarios about what to do

over and over again. They have obviously made the decision to stick with Hughton

and like it or not we should respect that. What exactly happens when we

win?
It''s going to look really stupid then.[/quote]

Love it..

[8]Always look on the Brightside of life[H]

Glad there''s no protest. That wasn''t going to help anyone. However I still want him gone in the summer. A fresh approach is definitely needed. If he keeps us up this year we cannot have another season like this. Plus I''d like to see players like pilkington and Hoolahan given a fair chance under another gaffer.

"Once fans are this against a manager, he never survives"

That is reasonable, the question is have the fans turned on him - if the team turns in another home performances like today v WBA will all be forgiven?

So did it happen? Or were all the protestors happy today? If so how fickle is that? I''m sure eventually, perhaps against Liverpool, you''ll get the defeat you crave. But so far in 2014 we''re unbeaten and the only goal conceded was the penalty against Stoke. Stick that on yer placards.....