Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Hughton out protest being organised on Facebook

LDC''s deluded optimism that one day Chris Hughton will suddenly decide to adopt a positive and forward thinking approach to games is just laughable. It''s been 18 months and we''ve clearly regressed, even after spending close to £30 million.

Our negative outlook on games will NEVER change under Hughton. But if LDC enjoys ambition free football then fair play to him.

I think deep down LDC would never want to be proven wrong and call for CH''s head. I never see an objective criticism of his management skills whatsoever. It''s all down to injuries, morale or whatever other excuse the lad thinks up. Yet when we win a game it''s all Hughton''s doing. This works the other way too - some of the Hughton ''outers'' will never give CH praise for winning games. I on the other hand very much want Hughton gone but whenever we have a good performance or I feel CH has done a good job I will always admit it.

LDC has one record and it''s stuck on repeat. Frankly it''s boring.

[quote user="HootonOut"]

LDC has one record and it''s stuck on repeat. Frankly it''s boring.[/quote]

Boring I may be, but no more boring than reading post after post of guff  from people who have no intention of actually thinking through the situation and trying to see all sides of an argument.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]Your entire post was packed wall to wall with outrages hypocrisy.[/quote]

And what exactly do you bring to the party apart from a Dr Who fetish and practically no comments to do with football? You really have no ideas of your own, content with latching on to what ever you think is the popular view so as to make you feel more "involved".    You would do well to try and think of something of your own to say instead of  accusing others of  "hypocrisy" or "trollism" or hanging off the coat tails of other posters.

[/quote]

If you continue to write the same total bullpoo I will keep reminding you of it..

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"] 

Did you actually read what I wrote? Seems unlikely, but thanks for illustrating my point.

Agreed. No evidence of that in the last 3 games though is there, quite the opposite in fact. It may be unpalatable to you but we are very much drinking in the last chance saloon. Our general form is poor and our away form is non existant, 2 of our remiang 4 home games are against top 3 clubs embroiled in a close battle for the title. Games where we can realistically expect to score points are running outExcuse me? My what? I dont have an Anti-Hughton agenda, I have a Pro-Norwich City agenda. I''d like nothing more than for Hughton to be a success, he''s exactly the type of character that you''d chose to be the figurehead of a club like ours, however it''s alarmingly obvious that it isn''t really working out for him here. I think it''s you that is lacking objectivity. Further evidence that you didn''t actually read my post.[/quote]

Sorry Mr Brownstone, but I did read your post.  I  My initial words were a response to your "drivel" comment. After that I thought I was clear that I was referring to others, not you. 

Hughton won''t be here next season. Think about it, most fans are majorly against him now - including some fans who were really getting on the backs of the Hughton out group. People are beginning to see that he''s no good for this club.

I posted this on another thread but it''s worth mentioning again. What happens if Hughton stays and we lose the first two games of next season? He''s bang under pressure again with fans calling for his head. It then goes on and on and on like that until he loses his job. Once fans are this against a manager, he never survives. Hughton is as good as gone.

The least the bloke can do is pull his socks up and start doing his job properly, otherwise we''re heading for the league below.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hughton won''t be here next season. Think about it, most fans are majorly against him now - including some fans who were really getting on the backs of the Hughton out group. People are beginning to see that he''s no good for this club. I posted this on another thread but it''s worth mentioning again. What happens if Hughton stays and we lose the first two games of next season? He''s bang under pressure again with fans calling for his head. It then goes on and on and on like that until he loses his job. Once fans are this against a manager, he never survives. Hughton is as good as gone. The least the bloke can do is pull his socks up and start doing his job properly, otherwise we''re heading for the league below.[/quote]

I wouldn''t say never, Pardew survived at Newcastle and Sir Alex Ferguson survived at Man Utd.

Both Fergie and Pardew were able to start picking up consistent, good results for their respective teams. Hughton doesn''t do this often enough. We win one game, then we don''t win for the next 4/5/6 games. We try and live off a win against Spurs for the next month. Not good enough.

I don''t see the Fergie and Pardew situations as being similar to Hughton''s at all.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Hughton won''t be here next season. Think about it, most fans are majorly against him now - including some fans who were really getting on the backs of the Hughton out group. People are beginning to see that he''s no good for this club.

I posted this on another thread but it''s worth mentioning again. What happens if Hughton stays and we lose the first two games of next season? He''s bang under pressure again with fans calling for his head. It then goes on and on and on like that until he loses his job. Once fans are this against a manager, he never survives. Hughton is as good as gone.

The least the bloke can do is pull his socks up and start doing his job properly, otherwise we''re heading for the league below.[/quote]

There are a lot of reasonable fans out there who will soon forgive Hughton if we pick up form and stay in the division - because the vast majority of fans want us to succeed.  Success is success, whoever is manager.    There may be a few hard heads who don''t understand this and who think their "Hootun out" bandwagon is all that matters.  I think that come the end of the season it will be they who are crying into their hankies........

I will remember the final sentence of your last post, LDC, when Hughton is sacked not long after the season has ended.

Unfortunately, sir, it''s a formality.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I will remember the final sentence of your last post, LDC, when Hughton is sacked not long after the season has ended.

Unfortunately, sir, it''s a formality.[/quote]

No, it isn''t.  Like I say, just because you keep saying it, it doesn''t mean it''s any more likely to happen.......

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Both Fergie and Pardew were able to start picking up consistent, good results for their respective teams. Hughton doesn''t do this often enough. We win one game, then we don''t win for the next 4/5/6 games. We try and live off a win against Spurs for the next month. Not good enough. I don''t see the Fergie and Pardew situations as being similar to Hughton''s at all.[/quote]

Of course they are similar, they were both struggling for results and then managed to turn it around, it is possible that the same will happen for Hughton.

I agree with the sentiment of most of what LDC posts. It is very hard to have a sensible debate on here unfortunately with anyone which is why I largely refrain from attempting to do so.

I personally feel that the situation the club currently in is not nearly half as bad as many posters on here seem to think it is. Look at reality, we are not at present and have not been in relegation places this season which like it or not constitutes a level of success as a manager in this league. Hughton clearly does have failings as a manager yet there are also clearly elements to his approach which work.

Organising any form of protest at this stage of the season is nothing short of daft. We are not Cardiff being run by a loony owner. Things in reality are not that bad. Things change very quickly, West Ham in the past two months is a perfect example of this.

Protesting now for such petty reasons does not help anyone, it will only serve to worsen our situation as it builds a self perpetuating sense of negativity which is being rapidly exacerbated by small sections of fans.

Grow up a little and support your team and save the protesting for clubs who really have problems bigger than having a mediocre manager in charge of a slightly below average season.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Both Fergie and Pardew were able to start picking up consistent, good results for their respective teams. Hughton doesn''t do this often enough. We win one game, then we don''t win for the next 4/5/6 games. We try and live off a win against Spurs for the next month. Not good enough. I don''t see the Fergie and Pardew situations as being similar to Hughton''s at all.[/quote]

Of course they are similar, they were both struggling for results and then managed to turn it around, it is possible that the same will happen for Hughton.

[/quote]

I just don''t know if it is possible for him to turn it round. It''s been bad for over a year now. The rot seems to have set in. The longer it goes, the less convinced I am that any manager in the same shoes would turn it round. I think it''s time to freshen things up in summer regardless barring some miracle whereby we win like 5 before the end of the season.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote] I just don''t know if it is possible for him to turn it round. It''s been bad for over a year now. The rot seems to have set in. The longer it goes, the less convinced I am that any manager in the same shoes would turn it round. I think it''s time to freshen things up in summer regardless barring some miracle whereby we win like 5 before the end of the season.[/quote]

SAF had three seasons before it started to work for him, I don''t know if he''ll manage to change things but I was responding to someone who incorrectly said that this type of thing never happens when it has.

Not usually a devotee or user of Facebook as Im over12 years of age and have no interest in pictures of other peoples pets or family gatherings. However I thought I would have a look at the page and have quoted Houghtonouts last entries made yesterday."Come on guys, only 40 odd people attending so

far, you still want Hughton gone or what? 40 out of 1200 likes will make

us look like idiots
, come on think back to how sh1t this season has

been and get yourself added to the protest, share and invite your fellow

fans who feel the same. Let''s put our money where our mouth is, don''t

be shy!"
Well,

It seems that Norwich fans are all too nice or think it''s not worth it

now. I say Bullsh1t, yes we should have protested earlier, but we

didn''t. Will it make a difference? Probably not but it lets the club

know how disgusted we are and we have a
right

to do that. We need this negativity out of our club ASAP, I still think

with Hughton and his useless staff gone, and someone like Neil Adams in

till the end of the season could be the difference, it could rejuvenate

the whole team and put a feel good factor back in the club, one thing

it certainly will not do is make it worse. So I will be creating an

event to protest this Saturday if we get anything less than a win v''s

Sunderland. Who''s in?

"SAF had three seasons before it started to work for him"

How many more times do we need to hear this stupid example.

Ferguson took over in mid-November with Man United 21st in the league and led them to an 11th place finish. In his second season he led them to 2nd!

His job wasn''t at risk until his 3rd or 4th season, where they struggled because he was still implementing a new philosophy and ethos at the club to use the youth system to create one of the best teams we''ve ever seen in this country.

Ferguson''s first two seasons saw him take a relegation threatened team and lead them to safety and then to a 2nd place finish.

You would have to be truly clutching at straws to find a way to compare his first two seasons with Hughton''s.

What happened to that "stay in your seats" protest from a few weeks ago? I was looking forward to that and being able to see the whole game. If they can only get 40 people to stand outside after the game perhaps they could join forces with the "stay in your seats" guy instead!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What happened to that "stay in your seats" protest from a few weeks ago? I was looking forward to that and being able to see the whole game. If they can only get 40 people to stand outside after the game perhaps they could join forces with the "stay in your seats" guy instead!

[/quote]

I''m still in mine.

Busting for a p*ss to be honest...

[quote user="Le Juge"]I can''t see what is wrong with a good old loud boo at the final whistle.[/quote]

That''d work too so long as they stayed in their seats...

[quote user="Le Juge"]"SAF had three seasons before it started to work for him"

How many more times do we need to hear this stupid example.

Ferguson took over in mid-November with Man United 21st in the league and led them to an 11th place finish. In his second season he led them to 2nd!

His job wasn''t at risk until his 3rd or 4th season, where they struggled because he was still implementing a new philosophy and ethos at the club to use the youth system to create one of the best teams we''ve ever seen in this country.

Ferguson''s first two seasons saw him take a relegation threatened team and lead them to safety and then to a 2nd place finish.

You would have to be truly clutching at straws to find a way to compare his first two seasons with Hughton''s.[/quote]

The scenario may not be exactly the same, but the nerve and strength shown by the United board were vindicated when things got tough for Ferguson.  They look as if they will do the same with Moyes.  Continuity and trying to create something longer lasting takes nerve and strength to see through the tough times. The Hughton appointment as I saw it was intended to be a long term project that would include building from the academy upwards - and in the process,  building the club up gradually over a period of years, instilling a way of playing that would allow us to stay in the premiership year after year.    Hughton has had his problems - and the players haven''t always delivered - but the potential is still there in both players and manager to improve things.  You can point to the bad games and I can point to the good games, but somewhere along the line there is a reality that shows that actually, it has been a mixed bag this season - and hasn''t been all bad.

So imo you can compare the situation with the SAF one, because the big decision - to keep him - was one that was vindicated ten fold over the years.    People can shout and wail about Hughton not doing well enough - but things change quickly in football - and if he can turn it round and keep us in the division - then the smart money would be on letting him carry on his - and the club''s  project - of building us up into a force to be reckoned with.  

Do you realise what Ferguson had achieved at Aberdeen before getting the Man Utd job?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Do you realise what Ferguson had achieved at Aberdeen before getting the Man Utd job?[/quote]So  what?   SAF had a successful career path.  So did  Hughton.  Not on the same scale, obviously, but then we''re not ManUtd..........