Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Hughton out protest being organised on Facebook

Pointless putting it on here. The streams won''t end until ten to five so nobody will make it to the ground on time.

I could phone my protest in Lapp. Or if someone can take their laptop with the them and get on Skype with me. 

[quote user="Herman "]I could phone my protest in Lapp.......[/quote]C''mon Herman, we all know you''ll be too busy phoning Canary Call at that time. [;)] [:D]

Is there wifi outside the director''s entrance so we can all protest on Facebook........Couldn''t we just all do it from our bedrooms???

I want Hughton out, but I don''t do protests. Some might see that as me being a bit gutless but I don''t believe in protesting to sack football managers. I understand it a bit more with bad football club owners etc and certainly protests that relate to political issues, but protesting over a football manager just seems a bit petty and silly.

I''m ok with just wanting Hughton out and telling people that, face to face.

It''ll end up being a half hearted protest so not really any point in it at all. If we win most will be back in the Hughton in camp.

I want change as soon as possible, but a small scale protest will change nothing and is kind of embarrassing. The boards heads are well and truly buried in the sand until may.

Protest?  About what?  Because we''re in a relegation battle and struggling for form?  So are eight other clubs by my reckoning, almost half the table.  Its called the pressure of being in the top league.  We''re not Southampton. We''re not even Villa, in terms of resources.   We''re also not cut off at the bottom without a hope.  We also have the games to stay clear.  

Have your protest, but as Lincoln says - its embarrassing.  Change will happen when its meant to happen - and right now we have a league to stay in.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Herman "]I could phone my protest in Lapp.......[/quote]

C''mon Herman, we all know you''ll be too busy phoning Canary Call at that time. [;)] [:D]
[/quote]

[:D]

I am Dave from Lowestoft.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Protest?  About what?  Because we''re in a relegation battle and struggling for form?  So are eight other clubs by my reckoning, almost half the table.  Its called the pressure of being in the top league.  We''re not Southampton. We''re not even Villa, in terms of resources.   We''re also not cut off at the bottom without a hope.  We also have the games to stay clear.  

Have your protest, but as Lincoln says - its embarrassing.  Change will happen when its meant to happen - and right now we have a league to stay in.

[/quote]

I agree the protest is stupid but for probably the 900000th time people are unhappy with Hughton mostly for his tactical approach not just because of our league position. I''m so sick of people criticism Norwich fans over our views on Hughton and wheeling out the whole expectations are too high BS!

We''re fed up with going into every game in such a negative defeatist way, always surrendering possession, standing off, letting the opposition play, allowing ourselves to be dictated and dominated while at the same time having no gameplan of our own, being structured in a way that makes it so difficult to even string 3 forward passes together etc Not to mention this utterly moronic tactic of building up play as slowly as possible to give us the smallest chance possible of creating a goal scoring opportunity.

If our team was being utilized to it''s potential, if we were set up in a way that gave us a chance of creating clear cut chances and if the players had confidence and belief instilled into them by the management you wouldn''t find many moaning about our league position

Winnning the game on Saturday doesn''t mean I''ll be back in the ''Hughton In'' group at all. It just means we stand a better chance of survival. I''m in the ''Hughton Out'' group wherever we end up at the end of the season. He must go. And he will go. In the summer.

Agreed with DCTO above.

I couldn''t care if we were 15th, 16th, 17th at this stage as long as it looked as though the team were playing to their potential with passion, hunger and looked like they actually gave a t*ss. This needs to be instilled from the manager.

No one is saying we should be 5th in the league! Or even top 10! I also would not expect us to be. It was our own chairman who gave it the old "we finished 12th, then 11th - so now we want top 10" line. Not the fans.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"][quote user="lake district canary"]Protest?  About what?  Because we''re in a relegation battle and struggling for form?  So are eight other clubs by my reckoning, almost half the table.  Its called the pressure of being in the top league.  We''re not Southampton. We''re not even Villa, in terms of resources.   We''re also not cut off at the bottom without a hope.  We also have the games to stay clear.   Have your protest, but as Lincoln says - its embarrassing.  Change will happen when its meant to happen - and right now we have a league to stay in.[/quote]

I agree the protest is stupid but for probably the 900000th time people are unhappy with Hughton mostly for his tactical approach not just because of our league position. I''m so sick of people criticism Norwich fans over our views on Hughton and wheeling out the whole expectations are too high BS!

We''re fed up with going into every game in such a negative defeatist way, always surrendering possession, standing off, letting the opposition play, allowing ourselves to be dictated and dominated while at the same time having no gameplan of our own, being structured in a way that makes it so difficult to even string 3 forward passes together etc Not to mention this utterly moronic tactic of building up play as slowly as possible to give us the smallest chance possible of creating a goal scoring opportunity.

If our team was being utilized to it''s potential, if we were set up in a way that gave us a chance of creating clear cut chances and if the players had confidence and belief instilled into them by the management you wouldn''t find many moaning about our league position[/quote]

Have you watched the games where we have been on the front foot?  There have been quite a few you know.    There have been some poor games from us too, but the picture is not not all as negative as you make out.   We have lost or drawn games we should have won if the strikers had done their job in games where we created multiple chances - and we have created chances a lot more this season than last.   Injuries HAVE affected us and our fluidity - or continuity, or whatever you want to call it.   Confidence is an issue too - but I don''t blame Hughton for that - it is a pressure that players have to deal with for themselves.

If you saw us against Man City and Spurs you would have seen a determination and spirit which destroys any "players not performing" arguments. Ok we lost to Villa - but we were overun by their greater quality in the end in other words Benteke.  Southampton too have greater resources and a confidence that comes from being where they are in the division.    Stoke was a difficult game the way it panned out.   

Its easy to look on the dark side of things and find blame, but  for me it is down to the players and manager to find a way to emulate the performances we had at home against Man City and Spurs and get us on the right track again after a difficult three weeks.   

Brilliant stuff, I''m sure a protest will massively help things within our club.

Imagine the confidence boost the players will receive...

Moral will be at an all time high...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Private Frazer"][/quote]

Very, very good.  [:D] [Y]

[/quote]

Very poor taste, nasty in fact and un-called for.

Jeez! Is it against the forum rules to think objectively round here?

On one hand you have the drivel that LDC spouts, trying to paint rainbows with s**t coloured paint, and on the other someone trying to organise a protest for after a game we may well win.

He''s quite clearly not going anywhere, in terms of remaining fixtures we''ve got 2 winnable games left against Sunderland and WBA (I don''t expect to get anything on the road under Hughton) and we have to win both, if we b0ll0x it up on Saturday then it probably means we''ve had it anyway so a protest is pointless, we might as well all just shut up whinging and put all our energy into getting behind the team.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]As the title says. For 5pm at the directors entrance.[/quote]

and if we win no one will be there.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

On one hand you have the drivel that LDC spouts, [/quote]

The drivel I write is a direct response to the drivel I read about from people who are fixated on something that allows for no varying of their position under any circumstance.   There are so many variables in football that to have any fixed way of looking at things is just stupid.   The Hughton out bandwagon is fixated beyond belief and has gone way beyond anything that is reasonable.   Players are embarrassed about it, and I wouldn''t mind betting a lot of fans are embarrassed that this agenda has been going on - ever since Hughton  arrived.   Most reasonable and concerned fans would accept an improvement over the remainder of the season and staying up as acceptable for this season.    The Summer is then the time to reassess. 

But for the serial anti-brigade types there is no comeback. There is no flexibility in their views.  They have "decided"  - and they think everyone else ought to share their views. Well tough sh*t. This poster objects to being railroaded down any path and will continue to oppose anything he sees as detrimental to the club.  F*ck your anti-Hughton agenda and its lack of any kind of objectivity - I''ve changed my position this season to take into consideration circumstances and things that affect the way the season has gone - and I believe most concerned fans have too - and most people who are unhappy with Hughton would be happier if he and the team improves things and keeps us up.   It would be good if some of the worst offenders on the anti side would debate with their brains instead of their ego - and climb aboard a bandwagon that actually matters - the bandwagon of shutting up and getting behind the team - and manager - to help them over the line this season.   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"] On one hand you have the drivel that LDC spouts, [/quote]

The drivel I write is a direct response to the drivel I read about from people who are fixated on something that allows for no varying of their position under any circumstance.   There are so many variables in football that to have any fixed way of looking at things is just stupid.   The Hughton out bandwagon is fixated beyond belief and has gone way beyond anything that is reasonable.   Players are embarrassed about it, and I wouldn''t mind betting a lot of fans are embarrassed that this agenda has been going on - ever since Hughton  arrived.   Most reasonable and concerned fans would accept an improvement over the remainder of the season and staying up as acceptable for this season.    The Summer is then the time to reassess. 

But for the serial anti-brigade types there is no comeback. There is no flexibility in their views.  They have "decided"  - and they think everyone else ought to share their views. Well tough sh*t. This poster objects to being railroaded down any path and will continue to oppose anything he sees as detrimental to the club.  F*ck your anti-Hughton agenda and its lack of any kind of objectivity - I''ve changed my position this season to take into consideration circumstances and things that affect the way the season has gone - and I believe most concerned fans have too - and most people who are unhappy with Hughton would be happier if he and the team improves things and keeps us up.   It would be good if some of the worst offenders on the anti side would debate with their brains instead of their ego - and climb aboard a bandwagon that actually matters - the bandwagon of shutting up and getting behind the team - and manager - to help them over the line this season.   

[/quote]

Are you seriously for real? Your entire post was packed wall to wall with outrages hypocrisy.

Unbelievable.

So, who exactly are the protesters trying to target? McNally? Delia? Hughton? who?

Are they all going with flipcharts and pictures of football pictures on, with amazing tactical genius splattered all over them?

Are they all having a mass handing in of their Coaching/man management CV''s to the Board?

What will the banners have on them?

Are they prepared to have some opposition to their opinions?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"] On one hand you have the drivel that LDC spouts, [/quote]

[/quote]

Did you actually read what I wrote? Seems unlikely, but thanks for illustrating my point.

Agreed. No evidence of that in the last 3 games though is there, quite the opposite in fact. It may be unpalatable to you but we are very much drinking in the last chance saloon. Our general form is poor and our away form is non existant, 2 of our remiang 4 home games are against top 3 clubs embroiled in a close battle for the title. Games where we can realistically expect to score points are running out.

Excuse me? My what? I dont have an Anti-Hughton agenda, I have a Pro-Norwich City agenda. I''d like nothing more than for Hughton to be a success, he''s exactly the type of character that you''d chose to be the figurehead of a club like ours, however it''s alarmingly obvious that it isn''t really working out for him here. I think it''s you that is lacking objectivity.

Further evidence that you didn''t actually read my post.

The green highlited comment was in reply to:

"It would be good if some of the worst offenders on the anti side would debate with their brains instead of their ego - and climb aboard a bandwagon that actually matters - the bandwagon of shutting up and getting behind the team - and manager - to help them over the line this season"

Not sure why that didn''t work.

Perhaps we could have someone gathering signatures on a petition or we could get some car stickers knocked up? Would Hughton Out fit on a mug?

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]Your entire post was packed wall to wall with outrages hypocrisy.[/quote]

And what exactly do you bring to the party apart from a Dr Who fetish and practically no comments to do with football? You really have no ideas of your own, content with latching on to what ever you think is the popular view so as to make you feel more "involved".    You would do well to try and think of something of your own to say instead of  accusing others of  "hypocrisy" or "trollism" or hanging off the coat tails of other posters.