Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Alan Shearer

His comment tonight about Papiss Cisse " the time to worry about your striker is when they don''t get chances, not when their missing chances"

We still make chances albeit a few but we still make chances for our strikers and Their missing them so still no need to panic.

Once they get 1 or 2 if think they will come more regularly.

If it were a case of strikers making their own chances I could agree with Shearer, but in the case of our strikers it''s often a case of them making nothing themselves plus missing what''s created by others for them.

Alan Shearer also made a throw away remark - "Hughton even had some fans calling for Hughton''s head a couple of weeks ago. He is doing a good job, what do they expect down there?"

A good question.

Shearer just sees the odd parts of our matches and is not qualified to make those comments unless he has conversed with our local media bods and they would give him the reasons.

Shearer and motd is just joke entertainment also where is MOTD broadcast from Manchester? He referred to us being ''down there'' or does his brain fail to engage with his mouth.

Oh and btw Lakie, we played really well yesterday. Closed down their players quickly. Played with a verve and athleticism which proves to me we have a talented squad. The only blot for me was stopping Howson going forward as soon as the second goal was scored with the familiar everyone in their own half for far too long. Oh and how RVW gets selected over Hooper is puzzling but thats just my opinion.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Shearer just sees the odd parts of our matches and is not qualified to make those comments unless he has conversed with our local media bods and they would give him the reasons.

Shearer and motd is just joke entertainment also where is MOTD broadcast from Manchester? He referred to us being ''down there'' or does his brain fail to engage with his mouth.

Oh and btw Lakie, we played really well yesterday. Closed down their players quickly. Played with a verve and athleticism which proves to me we have a talented squad. The only blot for me was stopping Howson going forward as soon as the second goal was scored with the familiar everyone in their own half for far too long. Oh and how RVW gets selected over Hooper is puzzling but thats just my opinion.[/quote]

??  Err....I know.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Alan Shearer also made a throw away remark - "Hughton even had some fans calling for Hughton''s head a couple of weeks ago. He is doing a good job, what do they expect down there?"

A good question.

[/quote]

And how many City games has big mouth, I tipped Norwich for relegation Mr Shearer actually sat through and endured this season?

Just like you I doubt its more than 3 or maybe 4!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Alan Shearer also made a throw away remark - "Hughton even had some fans calling for Hughton''s head a couple of weeks ago. He is doing a good job, what do they expect down there?"A good question.[/quote]

And how many City games has big mouth, I tipped Norwich for relegation Mr Shearer actually sat through and endured this season?

Just like you I doubt its more than 3 or maybe 4![/quote]

AS may not be the brightest button in the box, but he knows Hughton well and to be fair, would be on his side anyway.  What Shearer sees is a team with limited resources fighting to stay in the league, a manager who he knows and respects, getting a team to play well at times and at other times not so well, but overall showing enough to be able to stay in the division - and at times playing decent competitive football, as yesterday and Spurs, and Man City, and at Villa to start with, and against Man Utd, and against Hull where we won an important battle, and against Newcastle where we improved after a battering, and against Stoke where ten men closed up the shop.   The only really hard one to take since the Fulham match was Southampton away - and guess what - we responded to that with our best game for some time.  

Oh, and as I said to someone else - the amount of games I have been to is irrelevant  (but it is over three or four fyi) as I have seen every minute of every  match except one this season. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Alan Shearer also made a throw away remark - "Hughton even had some fans calling for Hughton''s head a couple of weeks ago. He is doing a good job, what do they expect down there?"

A good question.
[/quote]

Just like you I doubt its more than 3 or maybe 4![/quote]

AS may not be the brightest button in the box, but he knows Hughton well and to be fair, would be on his side anyway.  What Shearer sees is a team with limited resources fighting to stay in the league, a manager who he knows and respects, getting a team to play well at times and at other times not so well, but overall showing enough to be able to stay in the division - and at times playing decent competitive football, as yesterday and Spurs, and Man City, and at Villa to start with, and against Man Utd, and against Hull where we won an important battle, and against Newcastle where we improved after a battering, and against Stoke where ten men closed up the shop.   The only really hard one to take since the Fulham match was Southampton away - and guess what - we responded to that with our best game for some time.  

Oh, and as I said to someone else - the amount of games I have been to is irrelevant  (but it is over three or four fyi) as I have seen every minute of every  match except one this season. 

[/quote]

Yeah agree, my remark was snidey and totally uncalled for Mr LDC, many apologies. [:$]

"The only really hard one to take since the Fulham match was Southampton away"

Really LDC?

We haven''t really turned up for a single away game in this period, not just Southampton. Everton we had the result you''d expect but the other away games were all there to potentially get points from and we got a single draw against Palace. Even when we have had periods of good play we have capitulated weakly overall.

Villa, Cardiff, West Ham AND Southampton were all "hard to take". Our Home form has thankfully been good but I''d still have categorise the Stoke draw as 2 points dropped.

Try being objective. No one expects us to beat or take points off those teams every time, but failing to offer competition or meekly surrendering to teams around us when away from home has been "hard to take" and I suspect it is what has mainly fueled the fires of most of the supporter dissent in the period you are talking about.

[quote user="Monty13"]"The only really hard one to take since the Fulham match was Southampton away"

Really LDC?

We haven''t really turned up for a single away game in this period, not just Southampton. Everton we had the result you''d expect but the other away games were all there to potentially get points from and we got a single draw against Palace. Even when we have had periods of good play we have capitulated weakly overall.

Villa, Cardiff, West Ham AND Southampton were all "hard to take". Our Home form has thankfully been good but I''d still have categorise the Stoke draw as 2 points dropped.

Try being objective. No one expects us to beat or take points off those teams every time, but failing to offer competition or meekly surrendering to teams around us when away from home has been "hard to take" and I suspect it is what has mainly fueled the fires of most of the supporter dissent in the period you are talking about.[/quote]

West Ham and Cardiff were two matches we should have won on the balance of play.  I do not take so badly to matches where we play well, but for a touch of luck in front of goal we would have won.  Southampton away and Fulham at home are the only two matches I have really been depressed about since the 7-0 at MC.   Other matches we lose and you accept them for whatever reason and move on.

No shows away are very difficult to take Monty, but that categorically wasn''t the case against Cardiff and West Ham, where we definitely did not fail to offer competition and meekly surrendered.

There were mistakes at the back and we didn''t take our chances, but that''s not the same thing.

Amazing how pundits can give you a view on your team after only watching snippets of our games. They should try following us home & away all season and then they can see why we are complaining.

Shearer''s comment was ridiculous. One result and good performance against a very poor relegation bound side isn''t enough to make me forget the utter dross we''ve had to put up with under Chris Hughton for the past two years.

Shearer and Hughton are mates. They''re in contact, maybe not regularly but they are friends, so I think Shearer is bound to stick up for Chris.

Hughton will still leave in the summer. I''m sure of that. Shearer''s hardly the best person to comment on managers anyway. He managed one club for a short spell and already has a relegation on his CV. Yet the man still expects to walk in to a top job.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Whereas on goals on Sunday teddy Sheringham just said "that''s football". The motd pundits get hammered on here but all of a sudden shearer, the most criticized is right?![/quote]

For the rare occasion I agree with you.

Shearer, to be fair, doesn''t have a clue who we are. He may watch one or two minutes of us per week, but really doesn''t see the whole picture. He sees us perched in a decent position for a ''small club'' and thinks we should be grateful. He won''t have heard the fans genuine grumbles or the complexities of our situation.

And Stevenage fans still think he''s a tw@ [:D]

Funny how Toure and Rooney scored world class goals but Tettey was just a lucky strike? He saw a chance and dispatched it brilliantly - as did the other two, but he was just lucky?

Must admit the constant picking on RVW by the pundits is making me increasingly desperate for the lad to come good and ram the words down their throats. He had a good game, unlucky with the header, get off his back BBC.

Comments on here are one thing but the BBC - give it a rest!