Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Hughton Stay In

I like Hughton, he''s articulate, respectful, a gent and I also believe he is a decent manager. He does not always get it right, who does, but he has my vote (and always has if you care to check). I''ve been following City for 50 years so I have seen the good and bad in my time; I have learned the proverbial grass is seldom greener on the other side and we can, and could, do a hell of a lot worse if the vocal minority get their way.I would even want him to stay if we were unfortunate to go down. We are a proper football club and we should all stick together, not go the way of many other clubs who change their manager after a few bad results or a tough season.

I''m just guessing here, but maybe he/she wants a discussion about his post rather than some smart-ar$e comment from someone who changes his username more often than his pants?

"I would even want him to stay if we were unfortunate to go down. We are a proper football club"

You sound like a retard to me. How does that makes us a "proper" football club, even Brian Clough got the push when relegated.

I don''t want this thread to turn into a typical pinkun slagging thread, but you of all people should not be calling people swear words.

[quote user="I.S."]I''m just guessing here, but maybe he/she wants a discussion about his post rather than some smart-ar$e comment from someone who changes his username more often than his pants?[/quote]
That isn''t going to happen, after an argument starts after I say. ''Who are you? The username police''?

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Brave OP!!

And I totally agree. The spineless noisy minority on here do not represent the majority of Norwich supporters.[/quote]
The silent majority are pussies for letting the spineless noisy minority bully their arses.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Wrong! We have better things to do..... Like a life![/quote]
Seriously though,  Houghton supporters should get a jolly good pat on the back.  For finally finding their voices now that we''ve made it to 32 pts.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what do you mean finding their voice?[/quote]
The opposite when we have a rubbish result.  When it''s rubbish posters pitch up moaning.  When at last we get a good game and good result.  Posters pitch up in support for the manager in a Pte Frazer style, ''I never doubted you for a second''.  Claiming noisy minority, when they said chuff up to this point. 

When anybody who does support CH gets shot down in flames, it''s little wonder they don''t - or maybe there just aren''t any?

Hoots remit this season was to keep us out of the bottom 3 come the end of the season and has so far fulfilled that remit. 4 more points this season will probably be enough to secure our survival so job done(almost). Should he still be here next season is the real question that needs answering and one I''m undecided on. He''s a nice guy but doesn''t seem to have what it takes to keep the squad motivated week in week out. Next season we really need to be aiming for a top ten finish and I''m not sure he''s the man to do it so I''m happy to remain sitting on the fence.

To be honest he has got more wrong tun right with his players bought, tactics, and results. Its a great day for the club, and he''s a nice guy but we aren''t improving under him. Change at the end of the season please.

Completely agree OP.

And there area few of us that have been maintaining this, but its like hitting your head against a wall.

When the season is done, and you look back over it, perhaps with a small dose of reality, it will all look very different.

Of course if we finish the season with a flourish it will all be a "sticking plaster" and because teams "were on the beach"

He isn''t perfect, he has got things wrong, Lambert I''s sure got things wrong too. But I feel that he is right for this club, and that the players should share more of the blame for the poorer performances this season.

At the end of the season he can go. Wherever it may be he has taken us as far as he can. Get Rosler in.

Okie dokie Dean, care to quantify that?

How do you know that the manager has taken us far as we can go? Time machine? Second sight? Future telling chicken bones?

Care to put some meat on the bones of your opinion, bearing in mind the season isn''t actually over yet? What happens we finish higher than last season, and it turns out that Hughton''s more conservative style of football, is actually proven to be more effective?

No probs Morty.

I think (I stress ''I'') that we certainly won''t finish higher than last season. I make that statement based on the games we have left, but of course I don''t have a crystal ball.

Not that we should be finishing higher than last season- in the real world we are going to be relegation to mid table contenders season on season.

Major investment is the only thing that would change that.

Plus quite frankly we don''t deserve it on this season''s average performances. In my opinion we are lucky that so many other teams have been equally poor. In seasons gone by we would be in the bottom three now without a doubt.

Hughton frustrates the life out of me. As we saw yesterday - when he gets it right and sets us up to attack we are not only good to watch but effective.

Bit there''s no consistency. Infact quite the opposite - we will be consistently beaten and tactically outmanouvered, and then suddenly, when everyone needs it, we pull a performance and result out of the bag.

It''s on that basis that I think he''s taken us as far as be can. For whatever reason he cannot motivate a squad of players on a consistent enough basis. Nor can he - and most crucial of all for me - get the tactics right on a consistent enough basis. He is too conservative, too defensive, just not daring enough. His negativity seeps right through that squad, onto the pitch, and into the crowd.

It''s not about being unrealistic and aiming at Chamoions League. But under the right manager we can push on further.

The majority of teams in this league are beatable with our squad, especially with a few improvements in the summer.

If he keeps us up he won''t be going anywhere. And I''ll continue to support the team at Carrow Road, of course.

But I''ll still feel that with the right man at the helm we can go even further. I honestly think Rosler is that man.

[quote user="dean"]No probs Morty.

I think (I stress ''I'') that we certainly won''t finish higher than last season. I make that statement based on the games we have left, but of course I don''t have a crystal ball.

Not that we should be finishing higher than last season- in the real world we are going to be relegation to mid table contenders season on season.

Plus quite frankly we don''t deserve it on this season''s average performances. In my opinion we are lucky that so many other teams have been equally poor. In seasons gone by we would be in the bottom three now without a doubt.

Hughton frustrates the life out of me. As we saw yesterday - when he gets it right and sets us up to attack we are not only good to watch but effective.

Bit there''s no consistency. Infact quite the opposite - we will be consistently beaten and tactically outmanouvered, and then suddenly, when everyone needs it, we pull a performance and result out of the bag.

It''s on that basis that I think he''s taken us as far as be can. For whatever reason he cannot motivate a squad of players on a consistent enough basis. Nor can he - and most crucial of all for me - get the tactics right on a consistent enough basis. He is too conservative, too defensive, just not daring enough. His negativity seeps right through that squad, onto the pitch, and into the crowd.

It''s not about being unrealistic and aiming at Chamoions League. But under the right manager we can push on further.

The majority of teams in this league are beatable with our squad, especially with a few improvements in the summer.

If he keeps us up he won''t be going anywhere. And I''ll continue to support the team at Carrow Road, of course.

But I''ll still feel that with the right man at the helm we can go even further. I honestly think Rosler is that man.[/quote]Cheers for replying Dean[Y]I think, for me, Hughton has cut his cloth accordingly based on the players available. Injuries and loss of form of key players has hit us hard this season, and made us extremely inconsistent.I think that Hughton, realising our strikers haven''t got the goals in them just now has had to play in a very conservative manner. And the fact that we have very little in the way of financial resources means that improvement will be a slow process.What happens if we finish in a higher league position than we did last season though? That will vex a few people!But I do see where you are coming from on your points, but really no one (including the board) can really fully judge until the season is done.

A good OP and if any group has been consistent in their postings after every game regardless of result then it has been the "inners", of which I guess I must be one as I havnt called for the Manager''s head.

What I personally feel, is that it is very clear that the Board will have to think very seriously once the season ends as to what to with the current management team, and that applies whether we stay up or drop down. I think it is going to be a close call, and I have wavered slightly myself after some of the disappointments, but I will support what ever decision is made and get behind Chris Hughton next season or whoever is at the helm, although I may have a problem if its George Burley or Roy Keane.

Chris Hughton is a very decent manager, his record shows that and when we stay up, would as others have said achieved his brief. I too feel he is the type of manager our club needs, we need consistently, we need our board and management to build our club at all levels over the long term, and thats why I feel David McNally and the Board have been brave and held firm, when many other clubs around us lost theirs and went for change.

The EPL is unforgiving and the biggest challenge for all of the sides, and particularly those with limited resources is achieveing consistency, week in week out.........it is proving to be even harder this season than in previous seasons, even for the top few sides and at least half the teams have struggled big time this season with results all over the place, even Newcastle United with way bigger resources than us have struggled for anything like consistency....its tough, very tough and its going to continue right to the end of the season.

I think the "inners" have a good understanding of this and as a result have realistic expectations...but whilst also being able to be critical when necessary without getting nasty, bitter and personal (well most of the time, there have been one or two exceptions Im sure).....OTBC

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dean"]No probs Morty.

But I''ll still feel that with the right man at the helm we can go even further. I honestly think Rosler is that man.[/quote]Cheers for replying Dean[Y]I think, for me, Hughton has cut his cloth accordingly based on the players available. Injuries and loss of form of key players has hit us hard this season, and made us extremely inconsistent.I think that Hughton, realising our strikers haven''t got the goals in them just now has had to play in a very conservative manner. And the fact that we have very little in the way of financial resources means that improvement will be a slow process.What happens if we finish in a higher league position than we did last season though? That will vex a few people!But I do see where you are coming from on your points, but really no one (including the board) can really fully judge until the season is done.[/quote]

I''d certainly like to see him set us up to attack more.

It''s not in his blood really, but it''s better for him and the team when we do.

[quote user="dean"]I''d certainly like to see him set us up to attack more.

It''s not in his blood really, but it''s better for him and the team when we do.[/quote]The point, for me though, is that he knows when to play a more open game, but has to weigh up the options when it is best to do so. An example being playing Hoolahan yesterday, it was right to sacrifice a bit of midfield defence, and push further forward more.He wasn''t overly defensive at Newcastle or Birmingham, which is why I buy into my "cutting your cloth accordingly" theory.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

A good OP and if any group has been consistent in their postings after every game regardless of result then it has been the "inners", of which I guess I must be one as I havnt called for the Manager''s head.

What I personally feel, is that it is very clear that the Board will have to think very seriously once the season ends as to what to with the current management team, and that applies whether we stay up or drop down. I think it is going to be a close call, and I have wavered slightly myself after some of the disappointments, but I will support what ever decision is made and get behind Chris Hughton next season or whoever is at the helm, although I may have a problem if its George Burley or Roy Keane.

Chris Hughton is a very decent manager, his record shows that and when we stay up, would as others have said achieved his brief. I too feel he is the type of manager our club needs, we need consistently, we need our board and management to build our club at all levels over the long term, and thats why I feel David McNally and the Board have been brave and held firm, when many other clubs around us lost theirs and went for change.

The EPL is unforgiving and the biggest challenge for all of the sides, and particularly those with limited resources is achieveing consistency, week in week out.........it is proving to be even harder this season than in previous seasons, even for the top few sides and at least half the teams have struggled big time this season with results all over the place, even Newcastle United with way bigger resources than us have struggled for anything like consistency....its tough, very tough and its going to continue right to the end of the season.

I think the "inners" have a good understanding of this and as a result have realistic expectations...but whilst also being able to be critical when necessary without getting nasty, bitter and personal (well most of the time, there have been one or two exceptions Im sure).....OTBC

[/quote]Good stuff[Y]

Credit where credit is due yesterday was a wonderful performance and result. To be objective i would say he isnt the best and isnt the worst say 5 or 6 out of 10. Yes we need to be careful what we wish for but i dont think i could stand another couple of seasons of this negative play. If we stay up and there is every chance now then it will be our 4th season up so we should be consolidating. There will be money to spend and we need a target man and a top class CB would we trust CH to spend another £25m? Fer, Olson and Tettey,Snodgrass and Turner have all been excellent signings, Becchio, RVW, Hooper and Bassong [ this season] have been less successful

Hughton doesn''t make it easy to support him. I''ve tried staying on his side but games like West Ham and Soton really frustrate the hell out of me. Why does it take a must win game for us to put in a 100% performance?!

Yes he''s had a lot of injuries this season, which has disjointed the team, but his safety first approach to a lot of games has lead to placing too much pressure on himself.

A proper review at the end of the season and if he is replaced, I won''t be shedding any tears.

Just to add he got it spot on yesterday. More of that and he may win back my support. But will it be back to the normal away day blues?