Sign in to follow this  

Yes. Thought he was another contender for MOM. Great vision for the goal.

Deserved his standing ovation, worked his socks off. Lacks pace and showed at times, but he put his body on the line time and time. Very good performance and vindicated his start.

Fantastic performance from him.

With all the talk of no leaders, he is definitely one. Was constantly talking, hand signals and was leading by example. Have Wolfie and Hoolahan space with his rampaging.

A very good performance, he works extremely well as part of a front 2.  What also helps his game is not having the wide men constantly cutting inside and blasting the ball towards goal ad infinitum.  Wes made a huge difference in the style and shape of our attacking play, even when played in his less favored position tucking inside from the left.On the plus side, good job from Hughton allowing him to tuck inside.  We all remember the hopeless Glenn Roeder publicly lambasting Wes after forcing him to play ineffectively as an orthodox winger.

Glad to see him play well today - a physical presence, who, when plays like that, makes a huge difference for us in competing and retaining possession in the final third.

I was hoping there was a thread on Johan, just a shame it is so far down - he had a great game today, did just what we needed of him - the formation worked well and suited him

Well here''s another reply in support of Johan to boost the thread up the league a bit :) I thought he was excellent too. He is clearly most effective as part of a front two. Like a Iwan Roberts or a Duncan Ferguson. He is not much good out wide or as a support striker/number 10. Hopefully Hughton knows this now.

I''m one of his biggest critics but I thought he played well yesterday and gave everything. He was pivotal in both are goals, for the first one he stayed so cool to just square the ball to Snoddy and the second goal he kept the pressure on with a great sliding tackle which broke to Hoolahan nicely. Easily his best game in a Norwich shirt.

Yes - he played well but imo he always puts in 100%.Trouble is, I can''t see this formation working for all our games this season.

Agree with all that''s been said on here. Elmander has been underwhelming on many occasions this season, but he was absolutely excellent yesterday. Maybe his goal at Southampton last week has given him a bit of confidence.

And Elmander, as for RvW, are much better playing in a twosome up front.

So why, oh why, Hughton, did you bring in players who are best when playing with a partner, when your preferred shitty system is 4-2-3-1 and setting it up to stifle opposition instead of causing other teams problems?

[quote user="grefstad"]And Elmander, as for RvW, are much better playing in a twosome up front.

So why, oh why, Hughton, did you bring in players who are best when playing with a partner, when your preferred shitty system is 4-2-3-1 and setting it up to stifle opposition instead of causing other teams problems?[/quote]His preffered formation these days is looking like the ultra-defensive 4-1-4-1.  I think we have only won a single game out of 11 this season playing that formation.