Sign in to follow this  
YellowAndGreenDreamTeam

No thread for Howson?

I know I''m a bit of a Howson fanboy but I''m surprised there hasn''t been much talk of Howson on here? I thought he had a fantastic game, some silky skills that we haven''t seen much of from our team this season.

Your thoughts?

Seemed to enjoy the freedom yesterday...as did most of our offensive players. He and Hoolahan were class, constantly weaving together the play.

Was excellent yesterday (along with Wes &tettey) and as others have said relished the freedom in a more fluid midfield with movement up front.

He was completely unrecognisable from the shadow that wore the number 8 shirt last week, unshackled and no bj limiting options

It was a great team performance, but across the 90 minutes I thought Howson was excellent, looks class and deserved more praise as he was better than Wes who did play well, but who many were way over the top on (as usual) with their praise......

I actually think that had Howson been playing all season he could well have edged himself into contention for the England squad........ 

Just such a good player. Nobody can bring more to our all round performance than him.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Plays well when given license to go forward.  Is rubbish when held back.So I guess we can expect to see him playing the deeper role again next week.[/quote]
He spent a lot of the game yesterday operating as a deep lying playmaker and the way he was spreading the ball around was reminiscent of Ian Crook.
Sure he did break forwards at times to join the attack, but at others he was our deepest midfielder.
He looked the complete Premier League midfielder yesterday and I only hope we can hang on to him next season and he remains injury free.