Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

An unholy scrap at the bottom

Looking at the table as it is and the fixtures on the horizon, it really is tough to call who is going go down.

Past experience of the unfolding events will tell the viewer that to write off any of the current bottom 3 would be foolish. Consequently it would also be unwise to assume that anyone below Stoke or even Aston Villa are "safe".

Winning yesterday has enhanced our prospects no end though, and has made looking at the table much less of an ordeal.

Has there ever been a more multi faceted battle to stay up in recent history? I don`t remember one.

I feel pretty confident now about a prediction - I don''t know what odds I would get?Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland - I just can''t see where they are going to get the points. Everyone talks about our run in buthave you seen Sunderland''s?Away to Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Chelsea, Man United. + All there home games are teams still with something to play for - West Ham, Everton, Cardiff, West Brom, Swansea.I can''t see where they are going to get their points and if they do, they take them off other teams in the throng. It''s the same with the other teams - I am now officially optimistic!

People talk about our last 4 games but Sunderland got to play 6 out of top 7 and i thought they were awful, cant see where there goals are coming from. People say RVW is a flop well they certainly have there own in Altidore, hes rubbish.

Another win and a draw will probably see us safe. And having watched Arsenal defend like the Keystone Cops yesterday, some sort of positive result against them is certainly not out of the question.

The OP says it''s hard to predict who''s for the drop but after yesterday''s results Fulham Cardiff and Sunderland look very strong candidates.

Those above including City are certainly not yet safe. But if we carry on not conceding goals at home we''ll be fine.

Certainly feeling a lot happier than last week.