Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Where's ref watch ?

Very very odd display from him.
Seemed to be on our side but still failed to give quite a few things, and i''m pretty sure someone at least should have been booked for diving in that Sunderland side.

Strangely Alonso got sent off, but not for any of his blatant dives. Thought Martin was going to tw@ him at one stage.

General feeling in ref circles is that Dowd is a big club man. I still can''t forget him booking Giggs earlier in the season at CR, neither Giggs nor Dowd could believe it. Giggs spent the next 10 minutes chasing Dowd around the pitch. It was a shame because it played a part in Giggs getting taken off at half time and they bought on Welbeck.

Dowd tries to give lots, but actually give nothing. Most of his decisions are made in the middle third, he isn''t keen to book for simulation  because it courts controversy. Dowd has had a good career avoiding controversy.  He refs from the centre circle when he can. He is what is known as a percentage man.

In truth he probably favoured us more than Sunderland.  And I thought he did OK. But I prefer him when we play bottom six rather than top six.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

General feeling in ref circles is that Dowd is a big club man. I still can''t forget him booking Giggs earlier in the season at CR, neither Giggs nor Dowd could believe it. Giggs spent the next 10 minutes chasing Dowd around the pitch. It was a shame because it played a part in Giggs getting taken off at half time and they bought on Welbeck.

Dowd tries to give lots, but actually give nothing. Most of his decisions are made in the middle third, he isn''t keen to book for simulation  because it courts controversy. Dowd has had a good career avoiding controversy.  He refs from the centre circle when he can. He is what is known as a percentage man.

In truth he probably favoured us more than Sunderland.  And I thought he did OK. But I prefer him when we play bottom six rather than top six.

[/quote]Excellent summary of the guy, though i''ve got a lot of Gunner mates who''d disagree with you. They can''t stand the guy, despite being a big club.Bizarre performance from the ref yesterday. No real harm done, but he seemed to be guessing most of the time.