Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Carl Jenkinson to go on loan next season - bring him in!

A no brainer for me.

Apparantly West Ham and Newcastle in bringing Jenkinson in on loan, but we need him more.

Martin and Whittaker are nowhere near the required standards (over the course of the season), and Jenkinson proves pace, crossing ability (at least better than the ones we got at rb), and he is an athlete who can cover a lot of grass.

This is needed if we decide to play a diamond, like we did vs Sunderland, as the fullbacks need to run a lot.

Olsson did so very well on the left vs Sunderland, and we need a RB with pace and stamina to do it on the right.

Jenkinson fits the bill for me.

No thanks. I just don''t rate him. He has ''come on'' a lot these past two seasons but I still don''t rate him.

Imho it is a pretty big difference in Naughton and Jenkinson, and Jenkinson is a better player.

So what you are saying is that Whitts and Martin are good enough, and that we have abundance of pace and quality crossing from the right?

Err no, I didn''t say any of that.

We need to do better than the likes of Jenkinson. Yes he works hard but is prone to mistakes and often costly ones.

You think Jenkinson will provide pace and quality crosses?

Certainly pace, but not convinced about his crossing.

Now, Arsenal´s game is not about crossing either, so he has not had much chances to prove it.

But I do think Jenkinson is a big upgrade on Martin and Whitts.

Just think he hasn''t matured yet and so much time not playing top level isn''t helping. Shipping him out on loan is the right move for him and Arsenal but would be a gamble for a PL club to take on someone who has never been consistent at the top level and at most, has shown flashes of being ok. Bags of effort and commitment, low on technical ability.

When your wide right attacker is telling you where to be positionally, you know there''s still a lot to learn.

No thanks. If we had the option to sign afterwards it would be a no brainer. Though i''m sure Arsenal will want him back and don''t really want to help improve their players.

[quote user="alartz"]People need to let go of naughton. He''s actually been very poor this season. Very overrated in these parts.

We can get better full backs[/quote]

My point was at the time Naughton was a quality loan signing. Young, hungry to prove himself and plenty of pace. Jenkinson has had his chances at the top level and has looked poor (IMO).

Martin is good enough...

But Jenkinson looks pretty decent, he''s been inconsistent and make a few mistake a but he''s young and learning and in and out of the team since his debut.

Don''t undermine Russ Martin, he''s been fantastic for us. I do agree that we need to replace Whitts for someone to contend the RB position

Arsenal is a team we are not competing with, apart from 2 games per season, anyway.

So improving their players is not a big issue. It is about improving ourselves.

Agreed, loan deals are not ideal, but it is an upgrade of Martin and Whitts, and will not be expensive either.

We definitively need more pace in the side, in almost all areas

if he was good enough to play week in week out in the prem, arsenal would not be loaning him out

[quote user="skippdogg"]if he was good enough to play week in week out in the prem, arsenal would not be loaning him out[/quote]
What a bizarre thing to say.
Firstly, they aren''t loaning him out. Secondly the difference in quality between Arsenal and us (and everyone in bottom half) means a lot of their reserve players are easily good enough to be first choice at a club like ours.

[quote user="skippdogg"]if he was good enough to play week in week out in the prem, arsenal would not be loaning him out[/quote]

We had Kieran Gibbs at one point. So you''re actual point is??