Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hughton's goal celebration.

If anyone doubted Hughton''s passion, you were answered yesterday.  If you doubted his ability - you have been answered several times recently.   He is not perfect and all managers make mistakes, but on balance - for me, he is exactly the right man for our club.  

All the sour "Sunderland were poor" "Spurs were poor" "ManCity were poor" stuff doesn''t wash - and it sounds like sour grapes.    We are unbeaten since the turn of the year at CR with 12 out of 18 points with some excellent performances - and when things weren''t going our way we still managed to eek out points.   Away is still not happening - but we should have beaten Cardiff and West Ham if the strikers had done their jobs.  

It is still going to be a battle, but we can all take confidence from yesterday that we have a man in charge who knows how to get results and cares with a passion about our club. 

OTBC

This seems a fair comment.It''s all very well saying "Hughton Out" and at times I''ve thought that he wasn''t up to the job, after losses against Fulham and Cardiff but we''re not going to get Fergie out of retirement or Jose to quit Chelsea, are we?Right now, even awarding full points for games in hand, there are at least 4 clubs below us (West Brom Vs Sunderland is a game in hand).We''re not changing managers between now & May, so there''s little point in making detrimental noises about it until then.

Funny how you give credit to Hughton for all the wins, yet when we lose it''s either the players, fans, bad luck or whatever carp excuse you can find.

If you''re going to have an opinion, at least make sure it''s balanced, or you will come across as an insufferable know-it-all.

[quote user="HootonOut"]Funny how you give credit to Hughton for all the wins, yet when we lose it''s either the players, fans, bad luck or whatever carp excuse you can find.

If you''re going to have an opinion, at least make sure it''s balanced, or you will come across as an insufferable know-it-all.[/quote]

Last four words sums it up !!

[quote user="HootonOut"]Funny how you give credit to Hughton for all the wins, yet when we lose it''s either the players, fans, bad luck or whatever carp excuse you can find.

If you''re going to have an opinion, at least make sure it''s balanced, or you will come across as an insufferable know-it-all.[/quote]I think you forgot to end your post by writing "Consequently I give Hughton a lot of credit for the victory on Saturday"!!

We played well on Saturday. Hughton got the team and tactics right and let them play. Credit to him for that.

Last week however was an example of his lack of belief/conservatism undermining our ability to compete as well as we can.

Next week is an interesting test. Will he revert to type away from home or can we for once build a bit if momentum and take a positive attitude into the game at Swansea.

As people know I''m a big Hughton critic but hand on heart if he just let them play like every week then I would change my views, even if it did not translate to much better points total/ league position. I believe it would though (well certainly the former). Most of us outers just want to see us compete to the best of our ability every week.

If you''re going to have an opinion, at least make sure it''s balanced, or you will come across as an insufferable know-it-all.[/quote]

That unfortunately is just not true.   I will often say that Hughton makes mistakes or is partially to blame.

Its always the same with people like you. You don''t read posts properly and just put your own sad view on to other people without actually understanding what they are saying.   Hughton is not perfect.  The picture I always try to describe is one where there are a multitude of factors that cause whatever happens to happen.   I don''t have a single, simple view of things like you.   You can blame Hughton sometimes, but not all the time.  

The manager in football a complex and unpredictable world where things are not always immediately controllable.  He has to predict and make judgements about what will happen - sometimes he''ll get it right, sometimes he''ll get it wrong.   Within that world he has to create something that is sustainable and gets results - hence we get managers playing in a certain way and sticking to it to try and get consistency.  If you are a Rogers or a Pellegrini and have Suarez  & co and a squad of excellent players that can play undiluted attacking, passing footbal for 90 minutes - then you quite often don''t have to change the way you play becuse you know you are going to outscore the opposoition nine times out of ten.   Clubs like us can''t do that - look at Blackpool when they tried it.  

Hughton has a good and sustainable approach will work - and we have seen it work.  As we improve and get better players in we can gradually build and play more expansively, more often -  but this season has seen us attack more than last season and as the strikers get their confidence goals will become less of an issue.   We are also unbeaten at home for quite some time which also proves quite a lot  in the manager''s favour.  Its not all brilliant and if you and others would actually try to understand what people like me are saying instead of trying to discredit us because you don''t agree, then this board would be a better place.  Its a work in progress which recently looks quite a lot brighter than before - but there is a lot they can do to improve - and that includes the manager.

Now get lost.

Jim Smith I believe I have commended you in the past for attempting to debate issues in a sensible and rational manner, and I wasn''t really making any comment regarding my own opinon. I just felt it was rather ironic that someone with a user name of ''HootonOut'' should critise another poster for not having a balanced opinion!!!

Outers are always the first to blame Hughton for everything but never give credit where it''s due.
It comes as little surprise that the most respectable and sensible opinions come from people who are not in favour of sacking the manager.

My Twitter feed has been full of praise when CH has done well. I''ve given him credit to people I''ve talked to as well.

I want him out. yes, but I''m very happy to applaud him when it works out. Unfortunately for every performance like that, we''ll put in a totally inept performance, i.e. the away games. And for this I don''t think CH is the right man overall.

Now shove off.

[quote user="HootonOut"]My Twitter feed has been full of praise when CH has done well. I''ve given him credit to people I''ve talked to as well.

I want him out. yes, but I''m very happy to applaud him when it works out. Unfortunately for every performance like that, we''ll put in a totally inept performance, i.e. the away games. And for this I don''t think CH is the right man overall.

Now shove off.[/quote]

Then why aren''t you ever full of praise on here?    Anyway, not every away game has been inept.  You just paint a narrow view all the time. If strikers had done their jobs with chances created we would have beaten WestHam and Cardiff and got the  six points that would put us up on 38 points right now.     It didn''t happen and yes, maybe the subs were wrong at West Ham, but that doesn''t change the fact that we should have been three or four up by then anyway.  

All we get from you is trolling rubbish.  The way you write proves you have a brain so why not try to put your ego to one side sometimes and discuss things like an adult, then you might get more respect on here.   Or maybe you prefer to come across like a t*sser.   Whatever...............

[quote user="HootonOut"]This coming from someone who has a petty point scoring exercise in their signature. And he''s not the only poster you''ve wound up.[/quote]

You only get wound up if you want to get wound up.  I may be persistent and people I disagree with the most are quite often the more forceful ones, for instance Le Juge who  just likes to bulldoze his way around the board - but that isn''t going to stop me from putting my views across.   My signature is a response to Le Juge - who started quoting me in his signature.  Tit for tat, maybe, but I didn''t start it.

hughton got it right Saturday but what about last 4 away games, Southampton, villa, west ham and Cardiff when we should have got points?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="HootonOut"]This coming from someone who has a petty point scoring exercise in their signature. And he''s not the only poster you''ve wound up.[/quote]

You only get wound up if you want to get wound up.  I may be persistent and people I disagree with the most are quite often the more forceful ones, for instance Le Juge who  just likes to bulldoze his way around the board - but that isn''t going to stop me from putting my views across.   My signature is a response to Le Juge - who started quoting me in his signature.  Tit for tat, maybe, but I didn''t start it.

[/quote]

Oh grow up fffs.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="HootonOut"]This coming from someone who has a petty point scoring exercise in their signature. And he''s not the only poster you''ve wound up.[/quote]You only get wound up if you want to get wound up.  I may be persistent and people I disagree with the most are quite often the more forceful ones, for instance Le Juge who  just likes to bulldoze his way around the board - but that isn''t going to stop me from putting my views across.   My signature is a response to Le Juge - who started quoting me in his signature.  Tit for tat, maybe, but I didn''t start it.[/quote]

Oh grow up fffs.[/quote]

Got anything useful to say Jimbo?  No, didn''t think so...........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="HootonOut"]This coming from someone who has a petty point scoring exercise in their signature. And he''s not the only poster you''ve wound up.[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh grow up fffs.[/quote]

[/quote]

What gets me about you ldc is you''ll write a good thought provoking thread or post then ruin it with a ''but I didn''t start it'' whine.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="HootonOut"]Funny how you give credit to Hughton for all the wins, yet when we lose it''s either the players, fans, bad luck or whatever carp excuse you can find.

Outers are always the first to blame Hughton for everything but never give credit where it''s due.
It comes as little surprise that the most respectable and sensible opinions come from people who are not in favour of sacking the manager.
[/quote]How''s that work then ?There''s plenty of reasonable '' outers '' on here as there are '' inners '' but both camps have their fair share of swivel-eyed loons.

For every Sunderland, Hull, Palace win there''s been:

A poor performance or result at Southampton, at Hull, at Spurs, at Arsenal, Cardiff home & away, Man City away, Newcastle away, Liverpool away, Fulham home, Everton away, Cardiff away, West Ham away.

Hughton isn''t the man for the job, in my opinion. He''s quite clearly not good enough and we must progress. It''s all about the ambition of the club. If that ambition is just to battle relegation year after year then Hughton IS the right man, because that''s all he can do. Whereas if we want to finish in the top half, fight for europe, then Hughton quite clearly ISN"T the man.

It''s time to progress now. We''ve been up for three years, if we survive this year. It''s time to move on and achieve more than just staying up. People who say ''But we''re only little Norwich'' - it''s all about ambition.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="HootonOut"]This coming from someone who has a petty point scoring exercise in their signature. And he''s not the only poster you''ve wound up.[/quote]You only get wound up if you want to get wound up.  I may be persistent and people I disagree with the most are quite often the more forceful ones, for instance Le Juge who  just likes to bulldoze his way around the board - but that isn''t going to stop me from putting my views across.   My signature is a response to Le Juge - who started quoting me in his signature.  Tit for tat, maybe, but I didn''t start it.[/quote]

Oh grow up fffs.[/quote]

[/quote]Psst.....best keep this quiet Jimbo in case he thinks he''s wound you up but there''s only two '' fs '' in '' ffs '' [:D]

I stayed away from the message board for a few days, after witnessing the Sunderland win... What''s the point of this discussion...?

We won on saturday and we got behind the boys!!! I haven''t been very happy with the performances lately and I blame the manager for some of them. I don''t really like Hughton''s style of management...but I am A CITY supporter damn it and I hope we stay up.

After saturday ... it''s clear to me, that if you''re a City fan, you should get behind the boys, whatever happens...the only way our club is going to stay up.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I stayed away from the message board for a few days, after witnessing the Sunderland win... What''s the point of this discussion...?

We won on saturday and we got behind the boys!!! I haven''t been very happy with the performances lately and I blame the manager for some of them. I don''t really like Hughton''s style of management...but I am A CITY supporter damn it and I hope we stay up.

After saturday ... it''s clear to me, that if you''re a City fan, you should get behind the boys, whatever happens...the only way our club is going to stay up.[/quote]This.Much as I loathe the ''clappy boards'', you can''t deny that the atmosphere was excellent and the players responded with one of their most complete performances of the season. Irrespective of what happens at Swansea, let''s make as much noise against West Brom and cheer our lads to safety. Then in the summer we can discuss what''s best for the future – for now, what''s best is to support the team and give Hughton credit where it''s due.