Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Why is the BBC website showing the 12th&13th April fixtures a:07 past the hour?

Instead of grabbing an extra pie or pint, how about getting to your seat at the normal time and then remembering those that lost their lives on that dreadful day.

Blimey, 25 years ago.

I was at Villa Park that afternoon, as I''m sure many others on here were.

I remember the digi-board there saying:

"Match delayed at Hillsborough"

Then, standing close to people with pocket radios, news began to filter through what an utter disaster was unfolding.

I remember at the time, being 17, realising that this was an utterly catastrophic event unfolding that would resonate for many, many years on.

[quote user="K Lo"]Blimey, 25 years ago.

I was at Villa Park that afternoon, as I''m sure many others on here were.

I remember the digi-board there saying:

"Match delayed at Hillsborough"

Then, standing close to people with pocket radios, news began to filter through what an utter disaster was unfolding.

I remember at the time, being 17, realising that this was an utterly catastrophic event unfolding that would resonate for many, many years on.[/quote]One side of my family hail from Brum so I have made that journey countless times… either having some form of heated family debate or chewing the fat with cousins and mates to eat through the interminable boredom of that trip back to God''s own county.That day, 25 years ago, is the only time I covered that journey with not a single word being spoken in the car… just Peter Jones on the radio (was it Radio 2 back then???) and stunned silence from the four of us that had been at Villa Park.JFT96