Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

What are my chances of getting a ticket against WBA on the day?

As the title asks.. I''ll be coming to the fine city for the weekend of the game to see a friend who has a season ticket and lives near the stadium. I haven''t seen a game at Carrow Road since I was about 8 (various away games though) and I''m really hoping I can get a ticket on the day to watch the game (obviously not bothered where I''d be sat!) I''m guessing I''ll be queuing very early and very long, but just wondered if any of you could estimate my chances of being successful?? Are the games usually fully sold out? If I can''t get in, I''ll have to listen to the radio and cheer from the car park! Lol. Thanks guys

[quote user="York Canary"]Or if anyone has a spare ticket they want to sell that would be pretty damn epic! Just pm me[/quote]

Try phoning the ticket office as they are still on General sale, good luck

As stated by others, why not buy it now instead of waiting for it to sell out then hoping to get one of the returned ones on the day?
If for whatever reason you couldn''t get one, a pitch view room in the hotel would be a better option than the car park with a radio.

Can you buy a ticket and trade to a different seat if it becomes available? Been told Barclay is decent but there''s only impaired view there so I''m going for the n&p behind the goal! Any good?

At this late stage it is a matter of taking whats left.

Just checked and there is just one seat left in the N&P- on the front row.

Suggest you register on the NCFC site, and just check whats available. If none keep trying because they can become available as season ticket holders that can not make it offer their seats on the buyback scheme.

But looks like they are going to be like gold dust for this game.

Good luck.

Should have added that given the scarcity of tickets available it could be there are none available on the day. So if you want to go buy as soon as you can.

The only other area of the ground with any seats at all is the family area - the infill between the City and N&P stands. All other stands are sold out.

Theres always someone outside the ticket office with a spare ticket and quite often the club will have a limited number of single tickets available!

Buy now would be the best option!

Trust me.. take what they give you...i doubt very much you will be able to exchange for a better seat.. Upper Barclay isn’t bad and to be fair, although the atmosphere lacks, the view from the River end is pretty good.Phone the ticket office, 9am on the day of the game and have your debit card handy.. get one on "buy back" and get to Carrow Road about half 2 to pick it up.

Thanks for advice guys. Looks like I''ve cacked out and missed the boat on the spare tickets for now so I''ll keep looking and phoning the ticket office and hopefully the ticketing gods will be kind and let me make a long-awaited return to Carra''!

Rang the ticket office and started at no.89 in the queue.. Got to the front and the guy on the phone teases me for 5 mins with " I''m just checking the system for you.." then BOOM "we actually have some buy-backs registered but not processed yet.." "There''s actually a very good seat available in block C of the Barclay!".. Yes please boss, sign me up!

So now the almost 20 year wait is nearly over for the return to Carra''. Just hope it''s as successful as the last one (4-2 against QPR)

Thanks again for the help guys

[quote user="York Canary"]

Rang the ticket office and started at no.89 in the queue.. Got to the front and the guy on the phone teases me for 5 mins with " I''m just checking the system for you.." then BOOM "we actually have some buy-backs registered but not processed yet.." "There''s actually a very good seat available in block C of the Barclay!".. Yes please boss, sign me up!

So now the almost 20 year wait is nearly over for the return to Carra''. Just hope it''s as successful as the last one (4-2 against QPR)

[/quote]
I was there that day, with the Junior Canaries. I was about 7, and got seperated from the group and had to ask a police officer to get me to where i needed to be!
Good news on getting a seat in the Barclay, you lucked out with that one!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="York Canary"]

[/quote]
I was there that day, with the Junior Canaries. I was about 7, and got seperated from the group and had to ask a police officer to get me to where i needed to be!
Good news on getting a seat in the Barclay, you lucked out with that one!

[/quote]

Same as me fella - went as a Junior Canary with St. Williams Primary School and I was 8! What an incredible day and I still remember the noise. Such a good game for a young lad to go to. Just hope that it''s the same against WBA. 4-2 to the yellows will do me fine;)

Incidentally my friend has his season ticket in the Barclay stand block C too and will be very close to my seat! Boom