Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Nigel Worthington

"He was dreadful in the PL for Watford"

He was 38 by then!

"continue their personal gripes with Worthy?"

Who is doing that?

[quote user="Le Juge"]You realise that the affection nickname ''Ginger Pele'' was given to him by Spurs fans with a heavy sense of irony don''t you? And that he tends to get named in Worst Ever Spurs XI lists?[/quote]

A wise man once said "there''s a lot of truth in irony".

My old mate Foggy certainly is doing that. I think he still has Worthy on his dartboard.

Is there anyone on here that also went to Chelsea in 2002 and Southampton in 2003? I prefer to remember how Malky was for us in the champs than in those games.

Also need to add that most of his Spurs appearances were as an 89th minute sub and as a striker not a centre back.

"I prefer to remember how Malky was for us in the champs than in those games"

I remember the grapple which got him sent off at Southampton.

But we had another player who was famous for grabbing people around the waist numerous times a game, his first name began with G and his second name D.

He was unlucky at Spurs, a regular until he broke his leg, never really regained the form he had on his return.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"I prefer to remember how Malky was for us in the champs than in those games"

I remember the grapple which got him sent off at Southampton.

But we had another player who was famous for grabbing people around the waist numerous times a game, his first name began with G and his second name D.[/quote]

Where have I mentioned Doc? If you want me to compare him with Malky I will. But you''ve got to remember that Malky is remembered for a time when we were a very good championship team with a strong midfield that always tracked their runners. Whilst the Doc is remembered for trying to defend behingd some very questionable characters. All things considered I would say he was a better defender than Malky. Malky was certainly a better leader though. I''m glad to have memories of both. But neither left a print in our history anywhere near Worthy''s.

The biggest mistake was not signing a striker in the Summer, either signing Crouch and we''d have probably stayed up or having Dean Ashton for the whole season and we''d have almost certainly stayed up. Ashton stays with us for a few more years before being sold to Manchester United and scoring goals for fun for England. Oh how life could have different!

["The Walking Man "]The biggest mistake was not signing a striker in the Summer, either signing Crouch and we''d have probably stayed up or having Dean Ashton for the whole season and we''d have almost certainly stayed up. Ashton stays with us for a few more years before being sold to Manchester United and scoring goals for fun for England. Oh how life could have different!

I heard we offered £1.2m FOR Crouch when £2M would of secured him!

Not keeping Mackay and Iwan Roberts ripped the guts out of the squad spirit wise!

Peter Crouch, Malky and Iwan Roberts as Norwich players in 2004/05 and we''d of very likely stayed up!