Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Two days on...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"] Recently we looked to attack in the games against West ham and Cardiff and we took that game to Villa but were overun.  Southampton were just too good. So the "boring"  away tag doesn''t hold water any more either.  
  [/quote]

Now, I would hate to kick a man when he''s down, and I reckon you probably are a man, but I reckon I can''t let this pass without saying this.  If you can constantly harp on about the quality of our home performances, with paragraph after paragraph laying it on thicker than Davina McCall''s make-up, and then gloss over our terrible away results with no more analysis than your lazy bag of cliches which spews out "just too good" and "were overrun" then old Bor just can''t give you any credibility. 

Reckon that if you bothered to analyse why we are so godawfully diabolical away from home with the same zeal you pour into praising our home performances, you might be a bit more balanced and therefore worth reading.  As that stands, you''re the Hughtonista''s very own Daily Mail opinion column, and I don''t mean that complimentaryially.

If that''s a word. That probably isn''t.

[/quote]

Post of the season Bor. [Y]

"Reckon that if you bothered to analyse why we are so godawfully diabolical away from home with the same zeal you pour into praising our home performances, you might be a bit more balanced and therefore worth reading."

Man has a point LDC, you always talk about being balanced but I can''t disagree with the statement above.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"] Recently we looked to attack in the games against West ham and Cardiff

and we took that game to Villa but were overun.  Southampton were just

too good. So the "boring"  away tag doesn''t hold water any more either.  

[/quote]Reckon that if you bothered to analyse why we are so godawfully diabolical away from home with the same zeal you pour into praising our home performances, you might be a bit more balanced and therefore worth reading.  [/quote]

The point was about "boring football away from home".  There is no other analysis than to say we were not "boring" away  at Cardiff or West Ham and should have won both games if the strikers had put away their chances.  Villa we started well, but had no answer to their strength and pace once they got going.    Southampton was poor - if you want analysis on that one you''ll have to ask someone else - but whatever happened there we got the required reaction on Saturday to make ammends.

[quote user="sgncfc"]"

This gave us a little bit more confidence but, trust me, if Wes Brown''s header had gone in, it would have been a completely different game

[/quote]

I always thought that defending was part of the game, that''s why we have defenders and a goalkeeper, to help keep the ball out of the net! To cite this as the reason that we won is frankly ludicrous.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"] Recently we looked to attack in the games against West ham and Cardiff and we took that game to Villa but were overun.  Southampton were just too good. So the "boring"  away tag doesn''t hold water any more either.     [/quote]Now, I would hate to kick a man when he''s down, and I reckon you probably are a man, but I reckon I can''t let this pass without saying this.  If you can constantly harp on about the quality of our home performances, with paragraph after paragraph laying it on thicker than Davina McCall''s make-up, and then gloss over our terrible away results with no more analysis than your lazy bag of cliches which spews out "just too good" and "were overrun" then old Bor just can''t give you any credibility.  Reckon that if you bothered to analyse why we are so godawfully diabolical away from home with the same zeal you pour into praising our home performances, you might be a bit more balanced and therefore worth reading.  As that stands, you''re the Hughtonista''s very own Daily Mail opinion column, and I don''t mean that complimentaryially.If that''s a word. That probably isn''t.[/quote]

Post of the season Bor. [Y]

[/quote]Thanks old son, and glad to see you''re on the up after a bad run. Last saw you after that Fulham debacle, reckon I hope to be seeing you again soon.

Thanks Bor and I have my ticket for Fulham so maybe see you there. I will be with the usual crew

[quote user="grefstad"]As much as I want to believe your rallting cry, LDC, I would like to see the Swansea game first. If we get something, after playing well, I am inclined to belive we have finally turned the corner.

Chances are, though, that we will be "overrun" by a hungry Swans side, we will play our usual dour away game, Hughton will select Johnson in a defensive midfield 5, and your excuses here will be: "Swans were just to good, support the manager".[/quote]Exactly. You just know we will revert to type on Saturday. Under Hughton, we always do.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"] Recently we looked to attack in the games against West ham and Cardiff

and we took that game to Villa but were overun.  Southampton were just

too good. So the "boring"  away tag doesn''t hold water any more either.  

[/quote]Reckon that if you bothered to analyse why we are so godawfully diabolical away from home with the same zeal you pour into praising our home performances, you might be a bit more balanced and therefore worth reading.  [/quote]

The point was about "boring football away from home".  There is no other analysis than to say we were not "boring" away  at Cardiff or West Ham and should have won both games if the strikers had put away their chances.  Villa we started well, but had no answer to their strength and pace once they got going.    Southampton was poor - if you want analysis on that one you''ll have to ask someone else - but whatever happened there we got the required reaction on Saturday to make ammends.

[/quote]

I don''t think we''re boring away from home. I think in most cases we''re rubbish. I do take your point about Cardiff and West ham though. West Ham were more boring than we were that night. We played all the football but failed to score and then conceded two late goals. However Big Sam knew they''d got out of jail that night and he assured me "Norwich will be fine". If I find he''s lied to me I''ll be after hi...... I mean send Tilly after him[;)]