Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Striking crisis

The worry for me regarding securing the final Six points or so is that we are still relying on midfielders for our goals!

If RVW or Hoops had slammed them home Saturday I would be sharing the optimism. But we remain toothless up front and that is a worry

[quote user="splutcho"]If we''re winning I don''t care who''s scoring them.[/quote]

[Y]

2 goals, clean sheet, 3 points. That''s all that matters at the moment.

We''re too far down the rabbit hole to worry about it now.The players are going to have to try and forget their past failings and do a job, whatever it takes.  Tettey''s wonder goal is a prime example.Time to step up.

It will be interesting to see who we get in next season. We need a quality striker equal to the like of Bony (I think he was £12m) as well as a replacement for wes who will probably leave. And a new CB.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]The worry for me regarding securing the final Six points or so is that we are still relying on midfielders for our goals!

If RVW or Hoops had slammed them home Saturday I would be sharing the optimism. But we remain toothless up front and that is a worry[/quote]Yep, a striker''s goals are worth two mortal goals.  With a user name like yours, reckon you should not worry yourself about strikers scoring.

Hooper is a decent striker it''s the style of play which is the problem