Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Very Late Ref Watch

''Slim'' Phil Dowd

He certainly looks as if he has lost a couple of ounces. Did it make any difference to his game? No.

Watching him is like eating a bag of Revels - you never quite know what you are going to get. Free kicks we should have had, they got and vice versa. Spends far too long dishing out a rocket when a card would be better - denying any advantage to the sinned against team. As has been said elsewhere, almost Refs from the middle of the pitch which means he has no clear view of anything more than 10 yards away from him. I really hope this is Phil''s last season, he has been a really good Ref but is now starting to lose respect as his grasp on the job is starting to wane.

Phil Dowd 3

Disagree in some aspects but I do agree he loves a chat with a player, however a card in my eyes should be the last resort and dowd generally tries to ''manage'' the players.

He dealt with Alonso well (who had to go)

3 is a bit harsh would go closer to 6 or 7, I do enjoy your referee reports however there is sometimes a hint that you have a personal issue with certain refs?

Would have been a 6-7 from me as well although the Revells comment is fair tbh.

Should have at least booked Borini for his late slide on Ruddy.

Borini knew exactly what he was doing but Ruddy didn''t make a fuss of it and as such Dowd couldn''t be bothered to do anything about it.

In my opinion he also did a lot of stuff to slow the game down to give himself the chance for a breather. As others have said, he doesn''t to want to move too far from the centre circle.

Wazzy will be fully aware of the fitness test you have to do at level 4 promotion so you can fully imagine what the fitness test is like for level 1/Uefa referees...

''Taking a break'' is simply not an option for a premier league referee