Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Worst and Best performances this season?

What in your opinion has been the single best and worst performance so far?Best: Stoke away. Thought we went to a ground notorious for being difficult to win at with a solid gameplan. We dominated much of the game, had plenty of chances and passed the ball well. Howson''s goal was decent as well.Worst: Man City is the obvious candidate... but many teams go there and get slaughtered. For me it''s Fulham at home. That result really hurt hurt.

Worst - West Ham at home, no-one really appreciated that this win could have relegated us, fortunately there are some wiser heads out there who saw the writing on the wall.

Best - West Ham at home, to recover from going a goal down and hit back with three superb goals showed a team that was ready for the fight and a manager who knew his tactics were correct and reaped the reward his conviction deserved, a performance that made people sit up and take notice, we could survive.

Best - Spuds at home

Worst - Spuds away, it was that bad we went mental that we won a throw in during the second half.

I would also put Fulham away in the FA cup as well

For me the worst performance was Spurs away where we were chasing shadows for 90 minutes and never got a kick of the ball.

The best at home has to be Sunderland surely ? Mind you I have only read about it and watched MOTD. [;)]

In terms of worst, there were not all that many redeeming qualities to our performances against Spurs away and Manchester City away.There can''t be any more than a group of 5 or 6 performances this season that count as good - the best among them would probably be between any of Cardiff at home, Spurs at home and Stoke away.

I''ll take back my 5 or 6 comment, in retrospect that''s overly harsh.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]The Worst has to be Southampton away The Best has yet to come, could be Man u at home[/quote]

Just to be pedantic Kidderminster about your post we have to play Man Utd away not at home.

Best - away at Stoke.For once Hughton tactics were tailored to defeat the opponents, and the team followed the plan.

Worst - away at Southampton, who were there, ready to be taken, but as in so many away games we never got going. It''s the worst because we were hovering near the relegation zone, and yet the team did not seem to be bothered.

Worst- Fulham on boxing day, terrible performance (same performance at southampton but we were away then).

Best- Man C, Man U or Spurs, dunno which, probably spurs