Sign in to follow this  
pete

Joe Yobo sacrifice

Left beauty queen wife and 4 year old son in Turkey to save City from the drop. Your''e doing a sterling job hope you get your World Cup place.

The lure of the pound sterling persuades man to forgo his family responsibilities shocker......

Made a sacrifice just playing alongside Bassong. He''s so, so bad.

He wont be on any more money here than he was in Turkey. We will either be paying what hes on at Fenerbahce or a percentage of it, not any more.

I was apoplectic when we signed him. Old, washed up, has been. It stank of desperation...Happy to admit i was completely and utterly wrong - he''s been a class act since he arrived.Sign him up McNally!

[quote user="splutcho"]What on earth are you on about GJP? Bassong is our best defender, and was excellent yesterday.[/quote]

I''m just mucking around.

Some of the Bassong criticism in recent weeks has been utterly ridiculous. He''s made some mistakes but his general levels of performance have often been much better than he has been given credit for.

He should never, never have been dropped for the Southampton game (it was a knee jerk reaction from the manager) and I was pleased he was restored to the first team yesterday.

Been a great signing but too old to sign permanently imo

[quote user="NWC"]The lure of the pound sterling persuades man to forgo his family responsibilities shocker......[/quote]
Such a stupid statement.
Firstly, he will be on the same money as he was at Fenerbahce. That is standard loan agreement. His contract is with Fenerbahce who sign an agreement with us that we can borrow his registration for a set period of time, and we will pay them a fee. If we are paying a portion of his wages, as I would imagine we are, then we pay it to Fenerbahce, who pay Yobo''s wages, not to Yobo himself.
Secondly, even if we had hypothetically been able to offer him more money, then it would have had to be a massive pay rise seeing as the Turkish League have a special tax rate, so footballers playing in the Turkish top flight only pay 15% income tax. Yobo is on £1.5mill per year at Fener - roughly 30k per week. Making his take home pay roughly 25k per week. Now Im no mathmetician, but for him to earn that here, we''d have had to offer him approx 40k per week just to match his take home pay. Do you really see us paying over 40k a week (in addition to any loan fee we have paid) for him?

[quote user="GJP"]Made a sacrifice just playing alongside Bassong. He''s so, so bad.[/quote]

Didnt you go to the match on Saturday

people in the Jarrold stand at the weekend kept getting mixed up between Yobo and Bassong, cringe worthy really...