Sign in to follow this  
Ted Macdougals afro

Where Are All The Hoots Haters Now !

That''s fair enough.

The "in director''s shoes" thing: agreed that not being something means you can only try to imagine being them, but we can all form opinions on what evidence we do have AND judgements/opinions on the actions of others... For me, it would be absolutely barmy to have him here as manager next season and would be rather disappointed in the board''s decision

"While our defence is still far from great... It is better than when under Lambert"eh !At this time (31 games) under Lambert we had conceded 49 goals, we have conceded 48 this season. And although it is the final table that counts there is every suggestion that the last four games may well push this total far higher.To achieve this one goal improvement Hughton has destroyed our goal scoring ability, 26 against 42.There is also the further point that there has been far more money available to bring in better players so there should be an improvement, but there is not.All this highlights is yet another area that Hughton has failed in.

Agreed mostly.

But even though 1 less at mo, it ended 8 less (if I remember rightly) and the clean sheet frequency has rocketed which translates to when we do concede at present, we tend to get kicked in. Hence it''s not great but IS better

better, to what purpose ?under Lambert we had 39 points at this stage ..... with defenders who came up through the Championship.it serves nothing if the clean sheets are at the expense of us scoring, because ultimately it is about points on the boardtry counting how much has been spent................ for us to be in a worse position !

Again: agreed but you''re missing my point...

Even if it is 1 or 2 less, less goals conceded IS less. And I can''t believe I''m saying this as I''m usually arguing against clean sheets being used as a means to defend Hughton (this is not what I''m doing, mind) but: having to been able to stop a team from scoring so many more times IS an improvement!

Even when we last got relegated from top flight we posed a better goal threat than currently! But we''re talking about defence... Hughton has indeed cost us badly in the attack front but as proven before: a good manager gets the attacking as best as possible, then tries to get the defence to at least match that

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Circular argument so not going there City1st. I''m far too long in the tooth to fall for your old squit[;)]

[/quote]or rather you have accused me of something I have never done but haven''t the integrity to apologise (unlike Hughton''s failings)ps not sure where you are not going, but I am sure you were going to find this eevifdence of hating Hughton ............... and me apologising for itno hurry

[/quote]
Love watching Mr. Sanctimonious making things up and getting caught out. He claims he never does it, but he''s clearly given in here and knows he''s in the wrong. Haha love it!

[/quote]

Seattle Bellend and City1st. Truly a match made in heaven[U][Y]

[quote user="RodneyTrottersFC"]Again: agreed but you''re missing my point...

Even if it is 1 or 2 less, less goals conceded IS less. And I can''t believe I''m saying this as I''m usually arguing against clean sheets being used as a means to defend Hughton (this is not what I''m doing, mind) but: having to been able to stop a team from scoring so many more times IS an improvement!

Even when we last got relegated from top flight we posed a better goal threat than currently! But we''re talking about defence... Hughton has indeed cost us badly in the attack front but as proven before: a good manager gets the attacking as best as possible, then tries to get the defence to at least match that[/quote]A goal or two is meaningless as that could be a bad refereeing decisionOne argument in favour of Hughton has been that we would be better defencesively and I accept that one horror game of 7 goals can distort the overall picture.However my point has been that Hughton has set out to gain these clean sheets at an horrendous cost, far beyond simple goals scored. Players such as RVW, Becchio and Hooper have failed to score and will see their time at City as a very backward step and again, how will this be reflected in future signings ?And to re-iterate, this supposed great run of clean sheets has delivered FAR LESS points so far than under Lambert.

It''s ''fewer'' you idiot, as in ''far fewer points'', your whole argument is tarnished by this idiocy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think the guy has a point. I remember reading a post from Jim Smith where he stated he despised Chris Hughton. And he was talking about the man. He got plenty of support for that view. His view on Hughton is so tainted that he believes we deserve to be relegated. Others continually call him a clown. That''s personal. They also doctor pictures of him to resemble a clown. That''s personal. Perhaps some of you apologists could explain those things to me if I''m wrong...

[/quote]

Nutty - not 100% accurate my old mucker. I think you will find if you can be bothered to dig out the old post (which i can''t) I believe that what I said was along the lines that i was starting to despise Hughton for the way he had made me feel about watching my team and the fact his approach to games has taken much of the enjoyment out of the experience.

Not quite the sort of attack on "Hughton the man" that you are implying. I think even the most vehement Hughton outers acknowledge that he seems a "decent bloke" on a personal level. Thats probably what has ultimately kept him in his job this season because the fans would have turned on a more prickly character a lot quicker.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think the guy has a point. I remember reading a post from Jim Smith where

he stated he despised Chris Hughton. And he was talking about the man. He got

plenty of support for that view. His view on Hughton is so tainted that he

believes we deserve to be relegated. Others continually call him a clown. That''s

personal. They also doctor pictures of him to resemble a clown. That''s personal.

Perhaps some of you apologists could explain those things to me if I''m

wrong...

[/quote] Nutty - not 100% accurate my old mucker. I think you will find

if you can be bothered to dig out the old post (which i can''t) I believe that

what I said was along the lines that i was starting to despise Hughton for the

way he had made me feel about watching my team and the fact his approach to

games has taken much of the enjoyment out of the experience. Not quite the sort

of attack on "Hughton the man" that you are implying. I think even the most

vehement Hughton outers acknowledge that he seems a "decent bloke" on a personal

level. Thats probably what has ultimately kept him in his job this season

because the fans would have turned on a more prickly character a lot

quicker.[/quote]

Apologies if I called it wrong Jim. But it was a long time ago and if you had started back then did you ever get there? Or are you still starting.

And when did we become old muckers[:^)][;)]

f[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Circular argument so not going there City1st. I''m far too long in the tooth to fall for your old squit[;)]

[/quote]or rather you have accused me of something I have never done but haven''t the integrity to apologise (unlike Hughton''s failings)ps not sure where you are not going, but I am sure you were going to find this eevifdence of hating Hughton ............... and me apologising for itno hurry

[/quote]
Love watching Mr. Sanctimonious making things up and getting caught out. He claims he never does it, but he''s clearly given in here and knows he''s in the wrong. Haha love it!

[/quote]

Seattle Bellend and City1st. Truly a match made in heaven[U][Y]

[/quote]Hahaha, hear hear !!