Sign in to follow this  
Ted Macdougals afro

Where Are All The Hoots Haters Now !

Brilliant performance, eleven players playing for their club AND their manager. Admittedly throughout this long season Hughton has made errors but name one person, manager or player, who hasn''t. Maybe after that and looking at our position now all you tossers who want his head and talk about arranging ''Hughton Out'' demonstrations will shut the **** up and get behind your team like the whole of Carrow Road did today !

Lol, god you utterly miss the point. Hooootan still needs to go he''s still inept. Again, you miss the entire point. At no point have any of the people that want Hootan gone have we not got behind the team. You can support your team and your players without supporting the manager.Hes had his chance now its time at the end of the season regardless of what happens to get a new manager in.

Most "Outers" have posted on here already, giving him credit for today''s performance.

Let''s hope we play like we did today at Swansea next week.

Not missing any point. The point is if the players play as they can do ie. Very well like today the club would not be where it has been all season. It is the players who have let us down this season, not the manager !!

I don''t hate CH, and I honestly believe even if we had only drawn today removing him at this stage of the season would be suicidal.

However brilliant today''s performance was you cant help but admit if performances like it had occurred on a fairly regular basis, ie. more than a handful, he wouldn''t have received the criticism he has.

He deserves all the plaudits today, a brave attacking team selection which paid off brilliantly.

But the voice of reason would suggest this hasn''t been the norm this season, as much as wanting him out at this stage is ridiculous. This board yo-yos week to week depending who is on top, self proclaimed inners or outers, and actually this tallies for me with what we are, a side keeping our head above water with erratic quality of performances.

A good win, good to see positive possession in midfield - Wes and Howson excellent and unplayable first half, great strike from Tettey.

However, it has to be said, what a very very poor side Sunderland are, two strikes on goal and created nothing.

Let''s not get carried away, results went for us, but one swallow doesn''t make a summer. Consistency is still required especially against better opposition.

So much deja vu.  The manager picks a capable ball-playing lineup with a decent balance of attack and defence considering the quality of the opposition and lets them play.  Not seen since the last few games of last season.Compare that to last weekend''s 3 deep central midfielders against a mid table Southampton side.

All the ''hoots haters'', by which i presume you simply mean people who think a change of manager is needed, are probably enjoying the win rather than posting a thread criticising fans, irony ''eh?

[quote user="hogesar"]All the ''hoots haters'', by which i presume you simply mean people who think a change of manager is needed, are probably enjoying the win rather than posting a thread criticising fans, irony ''eh?[/quote]

This. Sums up my view perfectly... to answer your question though: hi, I''m an outer.... I would be willing to chat more but frankly... going from your phrasing: you''re a complete ooger-booger (darn sencorship) and don''t deserve much time of day

win or lose, relegated or finish 12th, clueless chris has to go the minute the whistle is blown on the final day of the seasonfor the occasional decent performance theres 10 woeful ones, the style of football is dire, and despite all that money spent we havnt progressed

[quote user="iron_stan"]win or lose, relegated or finish 12th, clueless chris has to go the minute the whistle is blown on the final day of the seasonfor the occasional decent performance theres 10 woeful ones, the style of football is dire, and despite all that money spent we havnt progressed[/quote]

However, we remain the just over one point per game team that I always expected us to be and that''s probably where it will pan out when the final ball is kicked.We have spent a lot of money and will no doubt have to do the same again (if we stay up) next season. It will be a huge sum but no more than all those other teams around us have to spend to tread water in this division.You may have expected more and no doubt supporters of similar clubs would have felt exactly the seem about their teams. Unfortunately this is how it is for NCFC sized clubs and within a very small range up or down this is how it is likely to remain.

I really don''t know what people expect, we''re 13th (and I want it to stay that way) we''re performing and getting good results at home, except Fulham on Boxing day (that was woeful), we now need to get the results away. However I can''t see the away results getting any better this season.

of course he still HAS to go he gets away with it when he HAS to win he scraaaaaaaaaapes it...he has been SHOCKING this season .... need another manager ...we could have been a lot better this season otherwise.

[quote user="im spartacus"]these where are they now threads from both camps depending on the result are pretty pathetic really aren''t they [:D]
[/quote]

The word I would use Mr Spartacus is childish.

I don''t hate Hughton, in fact on a personal level, I like him. It''s refreshing to have a manager who is a gentleman who doesn''t get dragged down into the whiny sour-grapes of other managers.Whilst the dressing room is clearly united behind him, he''s lost the majority of the fans (rightly or wrongly). In January, I felt sorry for him, that we were succumbing to "the grass is always greener" mentality, but now I''m fed up of the inability to string two results together. One way or another, I''m expecting him to leave in the summer as once the fans are on your back, it never ends well.The problem is that whilst he has a great record in the "must-win" home games, he has a terrible record in the "don''t lose" away games. So we beat Hull, then we slide, we beat Spurs, then we slide until we beat Sunderland, with each slide taking us perilously close to the danger zone. Beating Sunderland is a great result, but we never seem to kick on and consolidate being safely clear of the drop zone.

The OP sums up what is wrong with some supporters.

I dont hate him, I enjoyed todays game, we played well against possibly the worst side in this league, we are in a great place and will probably now stay up.

BUT Hughton has to be gone in the summer

I''m not a ''Hoots hater'' I''m a massive hater of his usual tactical approach and I will never, ever accept it. For the first half we set up how I''ve been crying out for us to all season and look what happened! If Hughton was to abandon his usual negative, stifling, rigid, backwards, soul destroying, detrimental dog sh!t style and set us up to play positively and to our own strengths most games I''d have no problem supporting him and wanting him to stay.

I just don''t get why he doesn''t see setting us up to play to our strengths, a high tempo pressing game, with quick breaks, lots of movement and giving a few players freedom is so much better than his usual approach.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I don''t hate Hughton, in fact on a personal level, I like him. It''s refreshing to have a manager who is a gentleman who doesn''t get dragged down into the whiny sour-grapes of other managers.Whilst the dressing room is clearly united behind him, he''s lost the majority of the fans (rightly or wrongly). In January, I felt sorry for him, that we were succumbing to "the grass is always greener" mentality, but now I''m fed up of the inability to string two results together. One way or another, I''m expecting him to leave in the summer as once the fans are on your back, it never ends well.The problem is that whilst he has a great record in the "must-win" home games, he has a terrible record in the "don''t lose" away games. So we beat Hull, then we slide, we beat Spurs, then we slide until we beat Sunderland, with each slide taking us perilously close to the danger zone. Beating Sunderland is a great result, but we never seem to kick on and consolidate being safely clear of the drop zone.[/quote]Agree with this and well put. I''m fairly certain there''ll be a new face in the manager''s chair for the start of next seasonThat said I think the present manager will at last get a break and we''ll win at Swansea. No logical reason other than while I '' know '' we''ll lose at Fulham equally our record against Swansea is pretty near perfect.Here''s to the first '' back to back wins '' in what seems like a lifetime

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]I''m not a ''Hoots hater'' I''m a massive hater of his usual tactical approach and I will never, ever accept it. For the first half we set up how I''ve been crying out for us to all season and look what happened! If Hughton was to abandon his usual negative, stifling, rigid, backwards, soul destroying, detrimental dog sh!t style and set us up to play positively and to our own strengths most games I''d have no problem supporting him and wanting him to stay.

I just don''t get why he doesn''t see setting us up to play to our strengths, a high tempo pressing game, with quick breaks, lots of movement and giving a few players freedom is so much better than his usual approach.[/quote]Absolutely spot on DCTO.My issue with Hughton has never been about the man himself, but the horribly defensive, turgid style of play he''s instilled in the side. As the players have shown on occasion (e.g. WBA and Man City last season, yesterday and Spurs etc this season), they CAN play very good football if he relaxes the leash and let''s them have a bit more attacking freedom.Unless I was going to see us adopting the approach we used yesterday for the majority of next season then I''ll still want him gone regardless of whether or not he keeps us up, with the replacement being someone who WILL actually lets the lads play as they can do.

[quote user="Ted Macdougals afro"]Brilliant performance, eleven players playing for their club AND their manager. Admittedly throughout this long season Hughton has made errors but name one person, manager or player, who hasn''t. Maybe after that and looking at our position now all you tossers who want his head and talk about arranging ''Hughton Out'' demonstrations will shut the **** up and get behind your team like the whole of Carrow Road did today ![/quote]Haters !You sound like you are about 12 years oldBar wiz (who most likely has other reasons) I have never read anything on here about antone hating Hughton, nor have I ever heard such sentiments expressed in and around the ground,However what I have heard is a unanimous expression that Hughton is not up to the job - many of those are supporters of a few decades who have been behind the club well before your father was even thought of, nevermind you and your absurd squeaks.As to the irony of the team putting in a good performance when doing vitually everything that Hughton has been against, is I should imagine something that it is not lost on mostNo standing off the opposition, no static ''zonal'' bollocks, two forwards, playing the previously forgotten men Elmander and Hoolahan and bringing on substitutes before the 89th minute - and most importantly, not trying to sit back and defend the lead.Let the players play and we will be successful - something I am sure the board is all too aware of.

I think the guy has a point. I remember reading a post from Jim Smith where he stated he despised Chris Hughton. And he was talking about the man. He got plenty of support for that view. His view on Hughton is so tainted that he believes we deserve to be relegated. Others continually call him a clown. That''s personal. They also doctor pictures of him to resemble a clown. That''s personal. Perhaps some of you apologists could explain those things to me if I''m wrong...

So one poster and some cartoonish banterhardly amounts to hating on a large scalenor does it negate the sentiments about Hughton''s managerial skills expressed by the overwhelming majority of City fans ... including yourself young master nuttyI expect the real reason is that the simple minded OP has a limited grasp of the English language and is merely using the current ''hip jive'' without actually understanding what the word hate means