Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Snodgrass Scoring Form!

hahaha well I guess as he cant be dropped he will probably have more minutes than most.

I wont be voting for him, but then again I doubt very much I will bother voting at all this season.

I think Olsson is the shoe in for the POTS award at the moment, but say Snoddy got another 4 in the next 7, surely he''d have to be considered!

To be fair to Snoddy he kept giving his all week in week out, when it was clear he wasn''t fully fit or in great form. He''s the one player that, regardless of the situation or his own personal form, never hides.

The last 10 games has seen the Snoddy of last season and he fully deserves the goals that he''s getting.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

To be fair to Snoddy he kept giving his all week in week out, when it was clear he wasn''t fully fit or in great form. He''s the one player that, regardless of the situation or his own personal form, never hides.  The last 10 games has seen the Snoddy of last season and he fully deserves the goals that he''s getting.

[/quote]

Agreed.  I''ve criticised Snoddy several times - and still think he can improve -

but you can''t knock the fact that he is scoring goals and contributes plenty to every match.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]hahaha well I guess as he cant be dropped he will probably have more minutes than most.

I wont be voting for him, but then again I doubt very much I will bother voting at all this season.[/quote]

Now, now KG, I can see depression setting in again.I prescribe 30 minutes watching the Demolition Derby DVD before bed tonight.You''ll be a new man in the morning.OTBC[:D]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

To be fair to Snoddy he kept giving his all week in week out, when it was clear he wasn''t fully fit or in great form. He''s the one player that, regardless of the situation or his own personal form, never hides.

The last 10 games has seen the Snoddy of last season and he fully deserves the goals that he''s getting.

[/quote]
Aye, agreed. I''ve been vociferous in my criticism of him on here, but he is playing out of his skin since New Year.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Credit to ch on his management of snoddy and is now getting the best out of him[/quote]Blimey, I need to lie down. [:O]

I don''t think you can give POTS to Olsson far too inconsistent

Snodgrass or Ruddy for me

[quote user="Yobocop"]I don''t think you can give POTS to Olsson far too inconsistent

Snodgrass or Ruddy for me[/quote]

Olsson inconsistent???

Then you quote ruddy and snoddy not inconsistent?

What season have you been watching?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]hahaha well I guess as he cant be dropped he will probably have more minutes than most.

I wont be voting for him, but then again I doubt very much I will bother voting at all this season.[/quote]But why would you drop a player who is clearly in form, and has scored 4 in 7?Really not getting your "logic" here.

[quote user="morty"]

But why would you drop a player who is clearly in Goal scoring form, having scored 4 in 7?

Really not getting your "logic" here.
[/quote]

I think people get confused between form and getting goals.    Snoddys build up play has remained poor,  his delivery of crosses, corners and free kicks more erratic than ever.    In the last couple of games his drive and desire (which is never in doubt) has put him in the right place to take very well to simple chances;  that does not mean his overall play is good.

In fact he appears to be scoring more goals the worse he plays,  so he starts but heres hoping he can get much worse yet  [;)]

So scoring goals and providing assists doesn''t constitute good form for an attacking mid?

Confused...

He has just two assists from a grand total of over 225 crosses free kicks and corners, before adding passes from open play.  

Is that really good form?

So you''re not really talking about current form, but that of the whole season?

I do think Snodgrass has been getting back to better ways recently but I still don''t buy into this thing when he''s singled out as the best or only example of a player who gives it their all every game.

Does he put any more into a match than Olsson, Johnson or Tettey would? Or any of the others?

Probably when it comes to waving his arms around or throwing his arms up in frustration he does that more than anyone else.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

To be fair to Snoddy he kept giving his all week in week out, when it was clear he wasn''t fully fit or in great form. He''s the one player that, regardless of the situation or his own personal form, never hides.  The last 10 games has seen the Snoddy of last season and he fully deserves the goals that he''s getting.

[/quote]

Agreed.  I''ve criticised Snoddy several times - and still think he can improve -

but you can''t knock the fact that he is scoring goals and contributes plenty to every match.

[/quote]And, good or bad form, he honestly looks like he cares. Which is worryingly becoming a rare commodity in many of Norwich''s games this season.