Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If we stay up do you want CH to carry on ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Read into this what you will, but on February 26, 2009, I had a meeting with a senior NCFC executive at Carrow Road. As a result of our discussions I decided then and there to renew my season ticket for 2014-15. Is it likely I would have made such a financial commitment if I had thought for one moment, based on what I was told, that Chris Hughton was going to be the manager?[;)][/quote]What?Five years ago you were told who was going to be manager of NCFC this coming season!?!?Guess that 7 year plan was far more in-depth than any of us realised...Ahem...

No.

The last two seasons have been quite horrible for the most part. Saturday was great but their have been false dawns before.

Thanks Chris but time to move on for me.

NoI think the best outcome is he walks away from the job with pride.He has a great 2 years to put on his CVMcNally once again looks to have hired a winnerWe have a competent squad left behind and the fans are happy.Well... unless we get in someone even worse and we get relegated and the media / neautrals destroy us of course.

Yes

He has achieved the targets set by the club for this season.

Those who want him gone do so because of the uninspiring football on show at times. I have a lot of sympathy for those paying a lot of money to watch games and feel they are not entertained by what they see. We may put up with boring football in the short term if it keeps us in the Premier League but in the long term enjoyment of games has to come into the picture.

But some of the blame has to be attributed to the board who set CH the goal of survival. I don''t think I''ve heard the board ever demand entertaining football as part of CH''s remit. What ever it takes - Keep us up. And he has delivered on that.

I''m prepared to be more patient. I think we went in to the start of the season without a quality number 10 player and it was recognised by the manager and the club at the time that this was the case.

There have been hundreds of posts bemoaning our link up play and ability to keep possession when moving forward.I think if we can fill this position with the quality player that we were trying to get back over last summer then I believe we will see many more games like the Sunderland game next season. We will be less risk adverse next year and the football will be more entertaining. If I am wrong you can thump me.

CH in, for me.

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]No thanks . Boring negative football for two long although Sunderland was great to watch!![/quote]

This is the problem if you want Hughton out.  Your reasons for wanting him out are getting harder to justify.   ManU - first half, ManCity - whole match, Spurs - whole match, Sunderland - whole match - entertaining and enterprising.   We even attacked away at Cardiff and West Ham and at Villa.     We can''t be successful all the time - and other teams affect what happens in a match too, but you cannot deny that we have been attacking in most games since the turn of the year.   Results could still be better and we need the strikers to contribute more goals, but the signs are improving.  

It seems fans have a long memory and aren''t prepared to forgive the

difficult times, even if the signs are there now that we are attacking

more.

I think that is a shame.

I really want to see CH be the long term stability option that settled clubs need.

The game on Saturday was the polar opposite to the previous week. That is my concern. Did CH pick such an attacking team because he sees this as the way forward and will build towards attaining that level of performance every week?

Or did he feel desperate for a win at the tail end of a poor season due to the pending tough games against the bigger sides?

If it''s the latter, as I fear, we may have to wait until the final third of the season to see any attacking potential realised.That would not be good enough for a third season.

Yes - outperformed budget 2 seasons running. If there was a single club doing significantly better with anything like comparable resources then the criticism would be understandable but there isn''t - the CH outers appear oblivious of what is happening outside Norfolk..

We need stability, so if he keeps us up, then yes.

All premature. We may or may not stay up. If we do survive we may or may not achieve the board''s stated target for Hughton of a top-half finish.

Yes, on balance. Rome wasn''t built in a day and I think CH needs more time to get it right. But I trust the board to make the right decision. Our Ch Ex knows there''s discontent about the style of play and that must be part of the discussion re. next season.  

If we just scrape staying up no, if we have a good end of season and finish around where we were last year there is no reason for him to go.

Yes.

We''ve spent sod all, we''ve got money in the bank, and we''d have watched over-spending chancers with better on paper squads sink.

My problem''s not Hughton, we''re just suffering because we''ve not bankrupted ourselves buying overpriced mediocrity.

We do need more talent and we do need more aggression, but I''d rather live to fight another day than piss the pittance we do have up a wall.

Do I enjoy biting my fingers off? No. But we''ve got the lowest wage bill in the Premiership and you get what you pay for. If we stay up the watch word needs to be "Smart Money".

And the other point: frankly the bottom of the the table this year is a joke. If Hughton gets sacked for surviving on a shoe string who''re you going to shoe-horn in?

Lambert''s spending twice as much for his extra two points at the moment. He needs to build a squad. If it sinks he''s for the high jump, but he''s not done badly for the budget so far. Money, money, money.

[quote user="TheOnlyWayIsAsics"]Yes.

We''ve spent sod all, we''ve got money in the bank, and we''d have watched over-spending chancers with better on paper squads sink.

My problem''s not Hughton, we''re just suffering because we''ve not bankrupted ourselves buying overpriced mediocrity.

We do need more talent and we do need more aggression, but I''d rather live to fight another day than piss the pittance we do have up a wall.

Do I enjoy biting my fingers off? No. But we''ve got the lowest wage bill in the Premiership and you get what you pay for. If we stay up the watch word needs to be "Smart Money".[/quote]^^^Exactly this.

You could argue that last season was about change and having to work with a budget that wasn''t huge due to debt repayment. It''s a tough task given a relative decline for the past 20 years, but we''ve stood still this season and have failed to improve our passing game or attack.Hughton has got a lot of positives in his favour, but only an exceptionally good run from now on will justify his remaining as manager.

[quote user="TheOnlyWayIsAsics"]Yes.

Do I enjoy biting my fingers off? No. But we''ve got the lowest wage bill in the Premiership and you get what you pay for. If we stay up the watch word needs to be "Smart Money".[/quote]We may have had the lowest wage bill last season, although I wouldn''t be sure about that. We almost certainly do not have the lowest wage bill this season, and may not even be in the bottom three.Leaving that aside, the problem with the purely financial argument for Hughton is very simple. If we finished in 11th place on 44 points last season why now - when various aspects of our financial position have improved  - are we on track to do worse? If I was a director who had authorised our record transfer spending I would want to get a sensible answer from Hughton on that question to help me decide his future.

If the last 2 seasons are "progress" then I will have to find something else to do if we progress much more.

If premiership money does not equate to better football then frankly what is the point of being there from a fans perspective ?

Are you really that naive KG?

You do know that in this league pretty much everyone gets the same money, and the only way you''re going to do well is with the odd bit of luck, or huge external investment.

Surely thats obvious?