Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If we stay up do you want CH to carry on ?

Yes.As it appears the odd win is enough to calm down the fickle fans, so another win (or two) will be enough to settle them down.

If the question was - would you keep CH based on what we know TODAY, I think the answer is likely to be mostly negative, but the question is would you keep him if we stay up? Then I think you will find the balance of answers tips in favor of yes.

For me, I have been bored silly with our style of play in too many games, however I''m prepared to accept that we have a squad in transition, and injuries have dealt a blow to us this year (starting with Elliot Bennett in the opening game), so I''d answer yes, a qualified yes, but nonetheless yes.

No. We escaped by the skin of our teeth last season & it looks like we might just do the same again this season. Don''t give him another chance to take us down because next time it might happen.

Definite no. Having ''invested'' a fortune, by NCFC''s standards, of £14m. on two strikers who only have a handful of goals between them so far this season is a sackable offence in its own right whether it be because he''s signed two donkeys or bought them without a clue as to how to get the best from them.

If we stay up then yes. TBH I''m not his greatest fan and am regularly surprised by his team line ups tactics substitutions etc. but there''s no denying that to keep us in the Premiership two years running is no bad thing. He''s got proven ability to keep us up and therefore sacking him and replacing him would be stupid when there''s no proof that the grass is greener. We would effectively be back to where we were two seasons ago,

I''m not saying that this season has been a good experience by any means but I would rather have someone with proven ability and who knows the squad than in all likelihood a manager from the lower leagues who would do a strip out and remould.

Yes we''ve got massive problems, particularly away from home and in the scoring goals department but if we stay up Hughton should be given his chance to bring in players to work alongside his squad to fix this.

One of the issues will be whether the current speculation about his job will go away. If we do stay up and he stays, then it is important to see next season as a clean start. Otherwise as soon as we have a walloping or a bad run the speculation will start again and that will not be healthy. I do wonder whether it is realistic though, and for that reason continuing with him may now be even more difficult.

I recall that at the end of last season there were some who argued that it was a period of transition and this season would be different. It hasn''t worked out that way and while change can be worrying, the Board should not blindly hope that things will somehow improve.

If we stay up playing for 0-0 away at Swansea and Fulham and end up losing 1-0 in the 80th minute, and then survive because the other teams fail to get to 35 points, no.If we go for it in the next three games and stay up playing some good attacking football, perhaps. Although even then I think it depends just how much he has lost the crowd. If the overall feeling on here reflects the overall feeling of the supporters, I think the club have no choice other than find someone else in the close season.

No.

This club needs a manger who can assemble a team, who play to 100% of their ability and apply a work effort for the whole 90 minutes, and will run through brick walls for him for the course of all 38 games in the league season.

Not the one good followed by seven bad performances we get now. Also tactics and subs are variables more often than not.

[quote user="Making Plans"]No.
We escaped by the skin of our teeth last season & it looks like we might just do the same again this season.
Don''t give him another chance to take us down because next time it might happen.
[/quote]

You must have very thick skin on your teeth.

Unless we improve next season we might not have the luxury of having three worse teams than us. We need to kick on - can we do that under CH? I think it''s debatable. Unless we change our approach to away games we''re going to be heavily reliant on these ''must win'' home games. This is a risky approach and for me not sustainable in the long term.

[quote user="HootonOut"]Unless we improve next season we might not have the luxury of having three worse teams than us. We need to kick on - can we do that under CH? I think it''s debatable. Unless we change our approach to away games we''re going to be heavily reliant on these ''must win'' home games. This is a risky approach and for me not sustainable in the long term.[/quote]So how far do you expect us to kick on? Bearing in mind we have no outside investment. We were always going to level out, and we may not be too far from it.And name me a team that doesn''t rely on being stronger at home, other than Villa, and not even Lambert can explain that.

[quote user="HootonOut"]Whatever I say you''ll twist it your viewpoint, or try and score some petty points from us ''fickle'' fans.

Waste of time.[/quote]I give you a no twist guarantee.You could just answer the questions, of course.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]  one good followed by seven bad performances we get now. .[/quote]

That is a blatantly lopsided view of things.Look at our record this year.   After the narrow ManU loss late December, which was a positive match in lots of ways, our record is quite good overall.  Unbeaten at home with wins and draws - including the superb performances against ManCity/Spurs and Sunderland.  Away we had some encouraging away performances without the luck/finishing at West Ham and Cardiff - and we even weren''t that bad to start with at Villa.  Everton loss was no disgrace.   Southampton away and the first half against Newcastle were troubling, but we still eeked a point from Newcastle.

[quote user="Surfer"]If the question was - would you keep CH based on what we know TODAY, I think the answer is likely to be mostly negative, but the question is would you keep him if we stay up? Then I think you will find the balance of answers tips in favor of yes.

For me, I have been bored silly with our style of play in too many games, however I''m prepared to accept that we have a squad in transition, and injuries have dealt a blow to us this year (starting with Elliot Bennett in the opening game), so I''d answer yes, a qualified yes, but nonetheless yes.[/quote]eh ?When is a football squad not in transition. Squads are constantly evolving, not only season by season but game by game.The balance does not tip in favour of him. Even if you ignore the dire football and the failure to develop players Bowketts words about expectations will be the deciding factor.The damage he has done has been far ranging and with the youth team

looking to begin the step up it is of grave concern that Hughton and his

coaching squad will be allowed anywhere near them.Most fans have kept quiet at Carrow Road believing that if you are trying to guide a plane down safely on one burning engine that is not the time to start an argument about what went wrong. But the silent protests ie letters and emails are swamping Carrow Road. Bar a handful of the deluded and the usual trolls on here there is virtually no voice calling for Hughton to remain. There seems a grim acceptance that we need to see this through then start afresh with a positive and progressive manager.

Time for a change, I think. If we have an excellent finish to the season then I guess I wouldn''t mind him staying, but we definitely need fresh ideas. If we could add someone with a little more attacking vision to the coaching staff, that''d be an important step – hopefully Calderwood will get offered a lower-division job and someone else (Neil Adams?) could join the first-team coaching staff.

I always wanted him to succeed and even now if he were able to put together another 5-6 performances like Saturday I might be convinced to give him 10 games next season, truth is though we have suffered the last 2 seasons of dire football and destruction of confidence of any player unfortunate to play up front for us.

No from me.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]No.

This club needs a manger who can assemble a team, who play to 100% of their ability and apply a work effort for the whole 90 minutes, and will run through brick walls for him for the course of all 38 games in the league season.

Not the one good followed by seven bad performances we get now. Also tactics and subs are variables more often than not.[/quote]

I think you made that up. Would be happy for you to prove me wrong by listing all the good performances and 7 subsequent bad ones we get now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]No. This club needs a manger who can assemble a team, who play to 100% of their ability and apply a work effort for the whole 90 minutes, and will run through brick walls for him for the course of all 38 games in the league season. Not the one good followed by seven bad performances we get now. Also tactics and subs are variables more often than not.[/quote]

I think you made that up. Would be happy for you to prove me wrong by listing all the good performances and 7 subsequent bad ones we get now.

[/quote]

Just look them up for yourself Nutty.

Man City at home, good performance. Next 7 bad.

Spurs at home, good performance. Next 7 bad.

Sunderland at home, good performance. End of the season.

I think I''d be happy for CH to stay on on the provision that our back-room staff is supplemented with a new attacking coach.

Although if Sherwood were to be sacked from Tottenham I''d probably opt for him instead if he can bring some of the Spurs backroom staff with him - without the fatigue of European competition I think Sherwood has the potential to be an excellent mid-table manager when he only has to worry about one game a week.

There''d be a decent likelihood of him bringing Sigurdsson over that way as well!

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]No. This club needs a manger who can assemble a team, who play to 100% of their ability and apply a work effort for the whole 90 minutes, and will run through brick walls for him for the course of all 38 games in the league season. Not the one good followed by seven bad performances we get now. Also tactics and subs are variables more often than not.[/quote]

[/quote]

Just look them up for yourself Nutty.

Man City at home, good performance. Next 7 bad.

Spurs at home, good performance. Next 7 bad.

Sunderland at home, good performance. End of the season.

[/quote]

Silly me!