Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If we stay up do you want CH to carry on ?

Simple question - simple answer please. Don''t let it generate into another slagging match with personal insults.

Good question, was discussing this with my son yesterday after the game. Personally I think I need to see where we finish before I finally make up my mind!

On the fence again!

If CH carries on, it is unlikely that Norwich fans will see Hoolahan, possibly Pilkington, and a large number of the players on the peripheral in the green and yellow ever again.

Can CH be trusted to mould Norwich into a team that the majority of Norwich fans will connect with and enjoy watching play football?

No because we will just have a third season of miserable football and divides between the fans. People were willing to give him another ago before this season started. Many won''t afford him that opportunity again.

Yes please.

Man for the long term and with another transfer window to play in he will bolster our flagging midfield and we can play more of the good stuff we sometimes see . Consistancy come .

As this up to McNally and the Board I would want to know how he intends to make us more of an attacking force and to be better away from home. If clueless regarding progress as he has been to date replace with a n other (who I don''t know).

If we stay up still a rather large if, remember next year is 2015 and what happened in 85, 95 and 05.

No.

We have a good group of players which he struggles to get the most out of. His tactics and his decision making regarding substitutions are poor. Under Lambert, regardless of who we were playing I always felt we could get something from the game. More importantly, I think the players felt the same way but I just don''t have the same level of belief under Hoots. I don''t think the players do either.

Despite him being a nice bloke and the great game we had yesterday, we need a change.

Surley it all depends on who is available? and who is realistically going to replace him!I wouldnt be too dissapointed if we kept him and wouldnt want him replacing for the sake of it

Hughton won''t be going anytime soon, unless he wants to. Relegation is extremely unlikely and why would the board sack a manager who is doing what they are asking him to do, that is, keeping us in the P/L without breaking the bank.Why risk bringing in a new man with no guarantee he will be any better and who could be an awful lot worse. Playing pretty football will come further down the line as the squad is strengthened and the dead wood discarded.He stays for me.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]No way especially when a ready made replacement is waiting in the wings[/quote]. Lost 4-1 today de we really want him back?

Absolutely not. Time to move on. Similar to when Stoke parted with Pulis. We need a change and this summer is the ideal time. We will never score goals under Chris Hughton. We will always struggle against relegation too, with him in charge.

Also @LDC - I''ve recently wondered whether you were a bit of a kn*b, your use of the word ''simples'' goes a long way to proving I was absolutelycorrect.

More performances like yesterday, and less like the past few games (and the majority of the last 18 months) and I wouldn''t mind seeing him stay. He does have his qualities and he''s a great figurehead for our club.

It takes time to build something and there''s a lot to be said for

continuity, but not if that jeopardises our Premier League status.

I''m unconvinced that he can deliver performances like yesterday consistently, and our away form is nothing short of dire, so for me a change in the summer is the right way to go unless he can show a sustained improvement in the remaining games.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Absolutely not. Time to move on. Similar to when Stoke parted with Pulis. We need a change and this summer is the ideal time. We will never score goals under Chris Hughton. We will always struggle against relegation too, with him in charge.

Also @LDC - I''ve recently wondered whether you were a bit of a kn*b, your use of the word ''simples'' goes a long way to proving I was absolutelycorrect.[/quote]

You wouldn''t be the first to think that, but its a simple premise though, isn''t it - staying up indicates a successful season and the abilty to build on what has been achieved.   By all  means sack the manager - and spend most of the millions he has secured, dismantling his squad and spending it on  a new one in the new manager''s image.    The sensible view is to let him carry on building and improving - the goals will come as sure as in his previous incarnations at other clubs.

It''s all about ambition. As Ferguson said in his book: Some are happy with a holiday 20 miles from home, some are happy to just stay at home, but others want to go to the moon.

Hughton said we''d struggle before the season started so it can come as no surprise to him that we''ve struggled.

The night before our 0-0 draw with Cardiff he told Geoff Shreeves of Sky that he needed to "dampen the expectations of the fans and players with regards to what we can achieve".

That same weekend Southampton beat Fulham 3-0 at home. After the game Pochettino told Sky that there was "no limit to what his players can achieve this season".

Time to move on from our Championship manager. We need better. We deserve better. It''s all about ambition.

LDC if we do stay up this has been no where close to a "successfully" season.

The begging of the season the board where aiming for a top 10 Finnish, it was only when we started to really struggle did McNally and co changed their remit to staying up.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Absolutely not. Time to move on. Similar to when Stoke parted with Pulis. We need a change and this summer is the ideal time. We will never score goals under Chris Hughton. We will always struggle against relegation too, with him in charge.

Also @LDC - I''ve recently wondered whether you were a bit of a kn*b, your use of the word ''simples'' goes a long way to proving I was absolutelycorrect.[/quote]Nothing like a gratuitous insult to ruin any point you''ve tried to make before that.And I have been in the Hughton in camp for the last two seasons, I think stability and consistency are hugely valuable. However, I do now think he should go at the end of the season (although I''d be curious what compensation would be payable). I can see more of a case to keep him if we went down.

No, far too many flaws in his managerial style which those who believe he should stay either can''t see or are willing to accept because we have ''survived'' another season. Add to that the 2nd rate coaches he insists on employing and a 3rd season of this regime, for me, doesn''t bare thinking about.