Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

5 goals before season end for Ricky

Well I''ve read the RVW thread a few times and have decided to ask people to put their money where their mouth is. I am a Ricky fan....great movement, obvious football brain but has found the league a tough place so far. But......my belief is that his first goal must come and a mini floodgate will open up! So between now and season end I can see him scoring 5 goals.....ensuring perhaps our continued presence in the Prem. Any advance on 5?

Sorry, can''t see that happening.

I''m 100% certain Ricky will come good but given how we set up away from home and the fact we entertain Liverpool and Arsenal in 2 of our 3 remaining home fixtures I don''t see him scoring 5 in 7. In fact I don''t see us scoring too many more than that as a team let alone 1 player.

I really hope he does start to notch, I will go for two or three......and whilst agreeing with what you say, am a little worried after one of the chances he missed at the weekend. A question....if we get a penalty between now and the end of the season and he is on the pitch, should he take it? A great way of giving him confidence if he score, BUT.....if he doesnt whatever would happen to his already fragile confidence?  

Can''t see him scoring 5 goals in total for us in the entire time he is a Norwich player.

What has anybody seen to suggest he will score goals at this level. Poor touch to often. No pace and as weak as a kitten.

We bought a duff I''m afraid.

Wow. You have some memory ICF, I''m very impressed. Just feel something will happen and cannot really rationalise it. If Hughton plays him at Swansea would be great to get off the mark with 2!

Can''t see him scoring again this season to be honest, if he couldn''t put that simple chance away on Saturday then I don''t know where this hope has come from.

Really hope that Hughton has now seen that it is madness to play RVW in preference to Hooper, he offers nothing and agree that we have bought a dud!

With one goal and one assist in our last two games, Elmander is actually our form striker.

Cant see him ending his goal drought any time soon sadly. I have defended him to the hilt, but the chances he missed on Saturday were pretty basic. I would be thrilled to be proved wrong though.

So mush depends upon the way we approach the remaining games.

If we approach them in the same way we did against Sunderland he will score.

If we revert to our defensive mode neither him or any striker will score.

5 GOALS!! Wow!! The way our team is shot shy we''d be lucky to score 5 goals let alone rely on Ricky to bang in 5.

At this stage I''d be happy if he scored one or two.

I think there is some hope because at least he has missed some chances recently. If he wasn''t getting into those positions that would be much more of a worry.

Of the two chances against Sunderland I think the near post one probably wasn''t quite as much of a sitter as people have made out - although it was a chance. The header looked very much to me like he was trying too hard. I think the header is the one he''d be more disappointed with because I''m sure he''s stuck those away in the past.

He wouldn''t be the first player to need a season to settle before he shows what he''s really capable of so I''m not going to write him off just yet.

Well, he scored his first and only for us on the head, lovely directed nod it was too.

Watching him miss the headed opportunity vs Sunderland really shows how much confidence/instinct he''s lost.

Honestly, if he wasn''t dutch and had such a crazy name i would''ve given up hope on him a long time ago - but for those reasons alone, i still believe! :)

if Ricky gets 5 goals I''m going to have rampant sex with Scarlett Johansson...

*Come on ricky!!!! COME on son!!*

Well I admire your optimism OP, even though it''s border line delusion.

My glass is usually half full, but with RvW I just cannot see him scoring one more let alone 5! He''ll be sold at a huge loss in the summer and hopefully replaced with a player who doesn''t resemble a little lost boy.

[quote user="sonyc"]Well I''ve read the RVW thread a few times and have decided to ask people to put their money where their mouth is.[/quote]

Ok this your thread so I will step up to the plate and ask you to name your bet with the money going to the Duncan Forbes collection.

• Put your boots on the correct feet
  • Control the ball and pass to a team-mate
  • Try and hit the target
  • When heading the ball downwards in the six yard box, don''t aim for your feet
  • Not to defecate when you approach the goal
Maybe then we can start to see about how many he might get.[:)]

[quote user="Jonzey"]Well I admire your optimism OP, even though it''s border line delusion.

My glass is usually half full, but with RvW I just cannot see him scoring one more let alone 5! He''ll be sold at a huge loss in the summer and hopefully replaced with a player who doesn''t resemble a little lost boy.[/quote]Agree with all this except my glass is usually half empty, if not bone dry. [:D]

Are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is OP?

I''m always up for getting free money for nothing, so I''d be willing to bet that he doesn''t score 5 goals before the seasons end?

Well. Yes i do put my hard earned into NCFC each month...direct debit. But if Ricky gets a 5 goal tally this year i will be happy to contribute extra to Duncan''s fund Tilly. Even if not. He was one of my heroes when I first started to go to Carrow Rd full time....Keelanm, Paddon, Stringer, Curran, Foggo too. Happy days. Just hoping Ricky can have Jimmy Bone type run of goals.

No way will RvW get 5 goals before the end of the season. Like already said in this thread, we''d do well to score a total of 5 from them all put together, never mind 5 from one player (who hasn''t scored since the opening day ...). Happy to be proved wrong, though, of course :)