Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Attributes of the present manager

A lot of stuff on here about potential replacement managers - but what about the one we have?1.  Experienced and successful at managing at premiership level2.  Good coach and good at bringing on younger players3.  Attracts good players to the club4.  Able to get results5.  Able to say more than "I thought we dun great"6.  Dignified and respectful to all and honest and clear when questioned7.  Respected throughout the world of football 8.  Patient and prepared to build the club over a period of years (as required by the NCFC board)9.  Passionate about achieving the best for the club, players and fans  (as witnessed by his Tettey goal celebration).

I know all the negative stuff - its been repeated on here often enough - no harm in reminding ourselves why he is here and why is still here - and imo why he will still be here next season.

Well I suppose the attribute that got him the job was the board''s belief he was the "best in class" manager. Or in other words the best they believed they could catch from the pool from which they fish. Now it could be that since then our fishing pool has expanded. But I would think there''s still a serious danger we may not be able to net a better fish. Which is a worry if Hughton becomes the one that got away.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Do you still drive around in a 1967 Ford Anglia?[/quote]Ford? Pah!!  Wash your mouth out.No.  A 1954  Morris Minor. I know the know alls on here think the grass is greener elsewhere.   My world is a bit more based on issues such as trying to see the whole picture, not just    "Its not what I want so I have to have it changed" which is what some on here seem to do.  The lack of  intelligence in which the continued biased and frankly irrational stance that the Hootunout brigade take is astonishing. The arguments are based on a one sided view and take no account of anything good that happens.   No matter that we have attacked away from home except at Southampton who got the upper hand by scoring early.  No matter that our 1-1 with Stoke was partly because they shut up shop after going down to 10 men.  No matter our home record is very good.  Nothing ever seems to get through to them. 

Its always "we are dull, we are boring, we are negative"

BULLS*T!

Lakey you really are tedious and boring, running on and on like a well scratched record trying throughout the day to provoke conflict with little Lakeyisms popping up on your threads the latest of which is " know alls". [:(][:''(][:#]

There is only one person around here who thinks he knows it all and a mirror will identify that person to you.

Knows how to dress well.

None of this O''Neil wannabe, socks over trousers , gypsy lookalike nonsense.

In what way is he successful at managing at premiership level?
He has brought ONE younger player into the first team properly, and shown he has very very very little desire at doing so with others.
Half his signings have been below average or huge let downs.
Able to get results sometimes. But not consistently at all, can''t expect regular wins but we have no consistency. Well, no positive consistency.
So?
That doesn''t make him a good manager
That isn''t helping him be a good manager
He isn''t building the team, he signed a load of players and half of them don''t even fit into the team/his style
He celebrated a goal, wow. He''s our manager. Thats expected.
What a load of over the top spin. And yes you know the negative stuff, but you know the positive stuff. Because you and some others preach it just as religiously as the ''outers'' do with the negative stuff, its just trolls tend to be negative so you are pretty much referring to the trolls who should be ignored.

then don''t biteit amazes me that folk still can''t see that LDC is no more a City fan than wiz - both of whom consistently let slip their limited knowledge of the club - LDC gave us 2 goals against Villa yesterdayand like wiz, LDC refuses to respond when caught out - in LDC''s case it is his claim of living 300 mile from Norwich..... even Carlisle which is north of the Lake District is not 300 miles away

ps seems rumours of your death were a bit premature Til, hopefully all is ok and we have you here for a few more seasons

I saw the subject and thought, LDC is jusy asking for trouble with that one!

Without going into each attribute, the one I particularly think is crucial is number 8, "Patient and prepared to build the club over a period of years (as required by the NCFC board)", as thats the one that is really being tested right now and why the board are being, I believe, very strong over sticking with the current Manager.

They know how important the bigger long term picture is, and see what work goes on behind the scenes. I bet they also know just what they will be losing if and when they lose Chris Hughton, and when they look across at most clubs who have changed they will right now be hoping we keep out of the drop zone, because of course of all his targets, staying up will be the most important one, and the one that he will stand or fall on, regardless if he achieves all of the rest "bigger picture" targets.

That all said, if he does stay, I dont think anyone will disagree that we are all expecting to see some more improvement in the teams playing style......for me, its not a huge improvement, but something that I am very confident he will achieve with another spending round on the squad......a squad that is evolving and a style of play that is too..........but I know many will disagree with that......     

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Lakey you really are tedious and boring, running on and on like a well scratched record trying throughout the day to provoke conflict with little Lakeyisms popping up on your threads the latest of which is " know alls". [:(][:''(][:#]

There is only one person around here who thinks he knows it all and a mirror will identify that person to you.

[/quote]

I''m going to go on and on and on about trying to get people to see beyond their limited view of our situation.  I may appear ridiculous to some, but from where I''m sitting the ridiculous stuff is coming from people who twist every good thing that happens into a negative to try and bolster their "know all" position.     I never pretend to know it all - I only comment on what I see - and what I see is not a blanket "negative" "defensive" "boring" picture of our football.  It is a mixed picture.   It is not black and white.   The two recent wins at CR were two of the best home performances we have seen since the Championship season.  

The Hughton out view is imo becoming untenable and I believe the next few weeks will prove it.

[quote user="City1st"]it amazes me that folk still can''t see that LDC is no more a City fan than wiz - both of whom consistently let slip their limited knowledge of the club - LDC gave us 2 goals against Villa yesterdayand like wiz, LDC refuses to respond when caught out - in LDC''s case it is his claim of living 300 mile from Norwich..... even Carlisle which is north of the Lake District is not 300 miles [/quote]

It amazes me you still are prepared to make yourself look a complete loony with your pronouncements about different poster''s motives. I made a mistake, saying Villa instead of Southampton. Big deal. I don''t dwell on defeats.  As for the Lake District, it is a big area, winding roads and different ways to get to the motorway.  300 miles is easy to mount up to Norwich from Poringland.....I mean.......Lakeland.......especially when you go via Manchester, which is what I quite often do.   Keep wondering City 1st..........I know you like to. [;)]

I agree with much that LDC comes up with. He is as passionate a Hootun inner as a number of outers.

He speaks more sense than those that use every stick possible to bash Hoots. He is far more consistent .

I applaud, and most supporters do, what was achieved last season .this season there are to many people with unrealistic expectations. We are no where near a top ten side yet many think we should be there. No manager with our weak squad would do better than where we are . A teams have spent money.

Keep it up LDC. The noisy minority on here will try and dismiss you but do not let it happen. And if they think they are not a minority I would ask where was the march and protest! The majority are supporting their team their club their manager !

OTBC

LDC are you for real?
If you are happy from what you''ve seen from the side you support then you are quite clearly clinically insane.
I love this club. But Hughton is an extremely frustrating manager, and we''ll only have the same again next season. NO progression. His signings haven''t been good enough on the whole, his best, Snodgrass was not even his but a pre-existing target. The coaching team clearly have very little idea how to develop players, Howson is at the same level, so is Pilks, Snoddy, Martin, Bennett etc all players who are/were at and age when Hughton and his coaches joined to really start pushing on, especially when they were supposed to be gelling together, with the extra players he''s brought in.
If we are going to be in the PL and are going to have a frustrating manager, I''d much rather someone like Pulis because at least then safety is much much more secure, he''s even probably keeping a very poor Palace side up. Whereas we last season relied on a ''blip'' i.e the 10 game run, and this season unless we somehow manage to pull off more than two wins will be relying on the fact so many teams have been shocking.
LDC Hughton out view is no where near untenable. What on earth are you on?

A blip GP? You''re never going to get the better of Lakey if you post mirror image drivel. Hughton has 76 points from 69 games as Norwich manager. That''s 1.10 points per game over his whole tenure. Blips, beaches, calendar years or 51 games are all piffle. It''s either his record as a whole or in each individual season.

Where does that bizarre 51 game stat come from? Seen it a couple of times but don''t understand it.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]LDC are you for real?
If you are happy from what you''ve seen from the side you support then you are quite clearly clinically insane.
[/quote]

I am happy with some of it and not happy with some of it. Its not a black and white picture!!  Its a mixture.  The picture painted by some is that it is all one thing and that as a result Hughton should go.   The message is latched on to by some as "yeah, he has to go" but how many actually think about it for themselves?   I just can''t believe the propaganda that is put out that we are dull to watch - we are dull some of the time, but not all the time, by any means.   We struggle to get results away - but not because we are boring or negative - Cardiff and West Ham and Villa we attacked (and went ahead at Villa) -  we went behind early at Southampton which set us back, but we still scored twice at, luckily or not.  

The Hughton out message IS losing its credibility.  We are strong at home and plainly capable of making it difficult for anyone that come to CR.  Witness the three matches ManCity, Spurs, Sunderland performance wise and the results achieved from Newcastle, Stoke and Hull.   The message continually hounded out is "boring" "negative" "defensive".    B*ll*x.   Poor we may be sometimes, but the picture is far more complex than the message touted around by  those who think change is what is needed.

I''ll continue to get flack - but sod it - I''m fed up with reading one sided guff  that is based on nothing other than people can''t see the whole picture.  I repeat - it is not all good - but it certainly is not all  bad  - and not bad enough to warrant the kind of negativity that appears on here.   See what is going on NOW not last season or even earlier this season.   NOW is what matters - and what matters from here on in.     NOW we are showing as a team with fire, spirit and ability, the confidence to score goals and pick up points off anyone who comes to CR.  Away we need to improve, but any post that says we are negative away from home after watching us attack Cardiff, West Ham and Villa  is just not true.  We lost to Villa because we attacked.  We lost to Southampton because they had a very good start and we couldn''t recover from that - it was a bad day. 

The picture is MIXED.  It is not black - and it is not white.  I''m not an out and out inner - if we were dropping down and down with no signs of improving I would want CH gone too.  BUT IT IS JUST NOT THE CASE.   

Oh I forgot the fall back argument "He''s not right for our club".............horsesh*t!

So now it''s got to the stage where LDC is claiming intellectual superiority.

We''re all doomed.

An honest question, GingerPele - what did you actually expect from the last couple of seasons? When established teams like Fulham are really struggling it might make you realise that this is an incredibly tough league and that quick, continual progression is very difficult to achieve without substantial investment.

That said, I think that only one goal conceded at home this year, when we''ve played some extremely major teams in this league, certainly points to the beginnings of progress for me. Considering the injuries to key personnel this season it could have gone far worse.

Also, what is all this nonsense people are spouting about only staying up because 3 teams have been so bad?! Is that not effectively the same as saying we have been better than those 3 teams and therefore deserve to stay up? Look at Swansea - I''m fairly sure everyone was fawning over their superb style of football last season. Just shows how quickly things can change in football.

I doubt any fan is happy with our current situation, and I doubt that anyone thinks Hughton is a brilliant manager. But, he is young in managerial terms, and certainly learning and improving. Looking with a bit of perspective, I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

LDC, Keep The Faith, Dubai Mark, Mellow, Yellow, IS.......... The list of people who display logic with their comments and assure me that there are people that support our club who possess some common sense thankfully gets longer and longer. A couple of months ago I thought I was supporting a club followed completely by buffoons. Look at the thread, the amount of people who say ''He'' has done this or ''He'' has done that ie; Got beat by a non league side. Do they not stop to think ''He'' should be a ''We'' or a ''They''.   

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Le Juge"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/quote]

Sums you up really, doesn''t it.  Only interested in divisiveness and sh*t stirring.  You should work for the Daily Mail.................

The silent majority hold the high ground. The noisy minority do not and are starting to lose the battle.

The "on the fencers" and Inners are likely to be proven right. Keep it up LDC

"The "on the fencers" and Inners are likely to be proven right"

How can you be proven right by sitting on the fence?

By not calling for the managers head on a block and giving him the season to show what he is about. Holding your nerve while being nervous ! It takes balls !