Sign in to follow this  
dean

Demba Ba

Looks surplus to requirements at Chelsea and likely to be let go this summer.

Did well for West Ham then Newcastle.

Good physical presence. High wages, no doubt. But I think could be a good signing for us. Especially if Ricky is offloaded. If Hughton wants to continue to play one up top I think he would be more suited to the role.

We won''t offload Ricky, Becchio is will be off, Elmander''s loan runs out, so that only leaves us with 2 strikers. Minimum you need 3. I think we''ll get one in and then either a loan, or see Loza play a bit part role.

Love him here, perfect lone striker, destroyed our defence for Newcastle at CR and played well for Chelsea this year against us. Think much bigger clubs will be in for him, clubs who can pay more in fees and wages here and abroad. We can all dream tho.

[quote user="dean"]Looks surplus to requirements at Chelsea and likely to be let go this summer.

Did well for West Ham then Newcastle.

Good physical presence. High wages, no doubt. But I think could be a good signing for us. Especially if Ricky is offloaded. If Hughton wants to continue to play one up top I think he would be more suited to the role.[/quote]

I would take him in a heartbeat! He will not be coming though. He is getting a bit of game time at Chelsea, still gets picked for his country and still scores goals. Not a chance we''d fork out for his wages. Our only hope would be a deadline day last minute loan where Chelsea suddenly tell him he''s not needed.

I''d pay him the wages of RVW, Elmander and Becchio.

But that probably still wouldn''t be enough.

And we aren''t likely to be a big enough draw.

But he''d be a great fit.

Dream on.......what we need to do is pluck a similar player from relative obscurity for half the fee and salary.......which hopefully could happen  

I agree with the poster who said we wont offload rvw,  or hooper.   If they want to leave thats a different matter but both will definitely improve next season.

As far as Ba is concerned - he is a great striker and if we can afford him and tempt him.    My only concern is whether his style of play/requirements are too similar to rvw/hooper in that he really thrives on through pulls facing goal;   which brings us back to the fundamental problem of creating better chances through the middle in particular.   Do we spend the money there or up front?