Sign in to follow this  
Alejandra

Alex Tettey ?

Am I the only one that thinks this guy has captain material in him?His interviews are honest, he seems extremely genuine, also a very likeable guy that seems to really care for the club and wants it to do well! the players obviously get on great with him tooUnless I''m reading it all wrong

[quote user="Alejandra"]Am I the only one that thinks this guy has captain material in him?His interviews are honest, he seems extremely genuine, also a very likeable guy that seems to really care for the club and wants it to do well! the players obviously get on great with him tooUnless I''m reading it all wrong[/quote]

Go on.......you just fancy him.......

Hi Alejandra

Totes agree

How come your 1st picture is of a completely different woman to your 2nd picture?

#justsayin

different how? haircut?https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1016769_485473088209121_597584005_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/532010_392070580882706_607288905_n.jpgUnsure what you actually mean? one is about 2 years newerdont know if they work as ive taken from FBAnd no, I don''t fancy him as such, he does have a cute smile though during interviews!Just think he would make a great captain, or at least maybe he''s grown into that role

To take the suggestion seriously for a moment, I would have to say that he shows passion and commitment on the pitch. What I don''t know is how popular and how vocal he is in the dressing room. Most of us would agree, I hope, that Holt was the best captain we have had in recent years, whatever views we hold about his skill as a striker. I remember one of the U18 cup games at CR, when he had persuaded just about all the squad to turn up and support the youngsters. They all sat together in a line.

Tettey is a committed, no-nonsense player with enthusiasm and bundles of energy. He is surely one of more consistent performers every match, once recovered from injury. He will surely be a fixture when not injured. He seems modest and genuine, and from their reaction to his goal the rest of the squad seemed very pleased for him, but, as I wrote above, I am not sure how this essentially quiet man could cajole and encourage the team on and off the pitch. He may be able to do this, but I am not in a position to judge.

I''m a big fan of Tettey, it''s no coincidence our performances are a lot better since he came back from injury.

But he strikes me as a fairly modest and unassuming sort of bloke, probably a bit too quiet to be captain, who''s got to be more of a gobby type who can give people a boot up the backside when they need it.

I agree - lovely bloke and in a perfect world that would be enough to be captain material, but I think you need a bit of a nasty streak to be captain. Or if not nasty, commanding. Let him lead by example on the pitch, same with Bassong. Give captaincy to Snoddy or Ruddy I reckon.

I don''t really see why a captain has to have a nasty streak. Russell Martin has captain material in him because he talks a lot, but you rarely see him shouting aggressively at others.

A leader is a leader, however they seem. And I believe Tettey is a leader.

That''s kind of why I said "if not nasty, commanding". Ruthless might be a better word.

I think captains have to come across very confident, commanding, vocal, and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week. Whilst Alex has the latter, I don''t see him taking charge of situations, and he seems happy to let others do so.

I wonder, does anyone know if he''s captained any sides in the past?

Russell Martin I agree doesn''t have a nasty streak - but I also don''t think he''s the ideal captain. I don''t think the captain can be someone who''s not even a definite starter too.

I would give it to Snoddy, if not then Howson, and if not then I would give it to RM.