Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Training video on official site

As we all suspected the video on a days training for the team didn''t include a shot on target or a corner. He truly is a hopeless coach. I may have to take control of team affairs for the rest of the season to ensure we stay up.

I am a coach, and all the video shows is 4 minutes of footage, with the first exercise being a simple warm up game, and the next being fitness and controlling of movement. Considering they do 6 hours worth of training a day, I am confident that the 4 minutes shown was not what they do all day. Also, if a club was posting videos of corner routines and how they are looking to attack the goal, it would make the oppositions job a lot easier.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I may have to take control of team affairs for the rest of the season to ensure we stay up.[/quote]I admire your dedication. Cycling in from Lowestoft everyday shows immense dedication and effort. [Y](perhaps your mum can take the stabilisers off after the first couple of days). [:D]

Perky,

6 hours per day, where did you get that from?

Typically 3 max in the morning, there may be individuals who then have physio work or gym work but 6 hours ''football'' training does not happen for the first team. The U21''s, etc. yes, two sessions per day, morning and afternoon, but typically the first team are done by lunch. Mind you that doesn''t negate your point about it being only 4 minutes of footage, etc.

I didn''t necessarily mean actual physical training, but they do other work relative to the next matches, watching footage of the opposition for example, and not every day of the week of course.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]The afternoons are traditionally left free for the snooker hall, the turf accountant or dogging.[/quote]"or dogging?" I''ll have you know that is an essential for the modern day footballer.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]The afternoons are traditionally left free for the snooker hall, the turf accountant or dogging.[/quote]

Hey, don''t knock the turf accountant! I see my fair share of the squad of an afternoon in my shop!

Anyone reading Iwan''s book when it came out? Must admit that was a bit of an eye opener when it came to the average day for a city footballer, for me anyway.

Plenty of Sauna usage going on! :)

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]As we all suspected the video on a days training for the team didn''t include a shot on target or a corner. He truly is a hopeless coach. I may have to take control of team affairs for the rest of the season to ensure we stay up.[/quote]

show us a copy of your coaching certificates and we will listen to your attuned and intellegient posts...

managed any teams lately?