Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Van Wolfswinkel...

As nice as it is to see him putting a shift in and breaking a sweat these days, he is never going to get an easier chance than that. Can''t see the point in playing him again, get Hooper back in and give Wolfy a goodbye cameo in the last home game.

The three worst teams in the league this season are unusually gash, next season we need to spend the bulk of our budget on a proper PL striker.

Thought he had a good game today, missed a sitter yes, but he only needs one to get his confidence going. He''s a keep for next season.

Why on earth do you feel the need to be negative about anyone or anything after that performance?

Thought Ricky was excellent today personally, played an important part in a very good team performance, if he keeps playing like that the goals will come.

He keeps missing sitters though. What else can his teammates do to get him a goal than stick the ball in front of him six yards out?

If him staying prevents us signing another quality striker then I''m saying he has to be a goner. Do you think we really have the budget to keep Hooper, Van Wolfswinkel, and sign another big name?

Think I''d rather us just flog him and steal Steven Fletcher.... 44 Premier League goals.

I think the club are just hoping he turns into a PL goalscorer, but would anyone place any of their hard earned on it?

You spend £8M on a striker to score goals, putting in a good shift isn''t enough in the overall scheme of things.

On the evidence so far, the purchase of RVW has been an unmitigated disaster.

Sure he missed a sitter but he worked very hard today.I think the chance was almost to easy for him his confidence must be rock bottom and he probably took his eye off the ball as it was so easy, resulting in the fluff. Almost wish it was a harder chance and he might have buried it rather than lost concentration.I think he will come good in the long term, I cant help but wonder if we would have a different player already if Snoddy had given him that peno.

His second half header was well saved, so unlucky.

His first half chance was a sitter that Ian Rush and Gary Lineker made a career out of scoring... Just needed to throw himself at it, sliding in.

[quote user="basil brush"]I think the club are just hoping he turns into a PL goalscorer, but would anyone place any of their hard earned on it?

You spend £8M on a striker to score goals, putting in a good shift isn''t enough in the overall scheme of things.

On the evidence so far, the purchase of RVW has been an unmitigated disaster.[/quote]I really do think you should get off his back, the lads trying to fit in. Next season will be different, once hes put on a bit of weight.If you didnt know i like him and cant wait for him to score week in week out. yes next season !! 

and to add to that, we just got a massive 3 points and the team all worked hard for it.Cant we just have a day of not nit picking and moaning? Im strongly in the Hoootan out camp but even I havent got much to moan about today!

Come on Le Juge, if we wrote a striker off every time he missed a sitter, there''d be barely any left in the PL. Put aside your bias, he had a good game today bar the missed chance.

[quote user="Herman "]Thought he had a good game today, missed a sitter yes, but he only needs one to get his confidence going. He''s a keep for next season.[/quote]

What suggests Ricky will score more after he gets one?

He''s scored once all season. The bloke isn''t a premier league goal scorer as long as he has a hole in his back side. He''s just a midfielder in my opinion.

Apart from that it''s part 1 completed out of 3 parts to stay up

Onto part 2 next week Swansea

I have faith in his abilities. I believe there are goals to come. He''s had crap service for the majority of the season, and even though his goalscoring confidence is very low, because mainly of said service, he never hides, and gives a lot for the team.

Oh F off..

8 million on a striker in PL is peanuts..

Alternatively we could''ve spent 15 million on Osvaldo, Or 8 million on Gayle, Or 8 million on Cornelius, Or 6 million on Anchiebe, Or 8 million on Altidore, Or even 10 million on Vydra as some of our fans suggested...

Ricky''s still young, he''s playing his first season in the PL and he''s been swamped with injury''s. The signs are there that he''ll come good.. give the lad a break!!!

"Oh F off"

No. .

"8 million on a striker in PL is peanuts"

£8.5m minimum actually. It isn''t peanuts to a club our size. The fact that other teams have also bought flops in that position does not in any way make Van Wolfswinkel a success. Easy for you to list a load of flops, quite easy to do the opposite and list success stories. We paid less for Hooper, there is one to start us off.

"we could''ve spent 15 million on Osvaldo"

Be helpful to others if you make it clear that you are talking about euros there and not pounds. It was £12.8m. He showed his quality and was let go because of a training ground incident.

But they got 3 in 13 from him including a ''worldy'', so if we really must compare £12.5m for 3 goals in 13 and £8.5m for 1 in 21 then we can if you want.

"Or 8 million on Gayle"

£4.5m and 3 goals.

"Or 6 million on Anchiebe"

3 goals in 16

"Or even 10 million on Vydra"

He''s on loan and has 2 in 10.

So if your entire argument is based on Cornelius and Altidore being marginally bigger or equal flops, then sure. But unfortunately not by much.

We could have spent £12m on Bony, or £4.5m on Long, or Chamakh on a free transfer.

If your entire argument is that there are crapper strikers then that says it all really.

Thought he had a good game. Not happening for him in front of goal which is a shame but no complaints re his link up play and endeavour.

I actually thought Hooper looked worse than RVW when he came on, not as instinctive nor on his toes.

I''d like to second that, people don''t get on hoopers case half as much and he was 5 million odd, but yeah in the grand context of players and money we can''t really expect a 20 goal a season hit the ground running player, that''s just a reality for a club like ours.

No one will be more disappointed than RVW about the lack of goals, but his work rate and movement was still really good to day and think he will come good. I honestly think it''s just getting THAT goal to restore that confidence and almost cockiness you need to be a good striker. Stick with him and bulk up our creative options or a better ''big man'' to play along side him.

Still recon he would have scored a bucket with Holt next to him doing the graft...

I know Vydra is on loan.. but like I said some of our fans suggested we pushed the boat out and spent 10 million to capture him..

If you''d have rather bought Chamakh, Anchiebe or Gayle you''re deluded..

And you''re right we could''ve signed Bony for 12 million, Or we could''ve got Lukaku on loan, Or we could''ve signed Soldado for 30 million, Or we could''ve got Remy on loan... the possibilities are endless haha!

all my post suggests is that you''re a complete bell piece!

I have slowly come to the conculsion that Ricky is an expensive mistake and I say that as somebody who was a big fan, found myself saying more or less the as Le Juge. If we stay up we need somebody with PL experience who is going to bag at least 10 PL goals.........

hard to accept it but hes cr@p and severely lacking in confidencei would say hes our diego forlan but even he managed more than 1 goal when he was at utd, will probably be sold to feyenoord and go back to scoring 30 goals a seasonlets get charlie austin or danny ings instead

in a game where every single Norwich player gave 110% people still find the need to come on this website and have a dig.. it really is beyond belief!

So you say RVW is cr@p and then you want danny ings and charlie austin? To me that doesn''t make sense, what good are they gonna be for us?