Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Oh Tony Fernandes.. it could have been you !

Shows the fine line between success and failure, even when you have deep pockets.......

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/queens-park-rangers-27m-loan-barclays-bank

QPR - Leyton Orient with money and in 5 years time its possible they''ll be like Portsmouth are today!

Fulham another bankrolled smallish sized club from the capital were run properly but they look like they have run out this year mainly through changing manager once to often!

The phrase "dodged a bullet" springs to mind.And it shows what happens when someone invests, and wants a certain amount of control, despite probably knowing very little about football.

Sorry to be vindictive here but they''re the one tin pot club I would love to see wound up, nasty foul mouthed fans I''d shed not a single tear.

....makes you think that things aren''t so bad at our club...or at least things could be a whole worse.

Although we are ''secure'' financially, the amount of money we have to spend at present could mean flirting with relegation every year.

Maybe we do need another investor to maintain a future mid table position ?

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]....makes you think that things aren''t so bad at our club...or at least things could be a whole worse.

Although we are ''secure'' financially, the amount of money we have to spend at present could mean flirting with relegation every year.

Maybe we do need another investor to maintain a future mid table position ?[/quote]Given our resources its likely we will flirt with relegation, we will have to build slowly, improving the squad season by season.The trouble is that as soon as someone invests money, they (quite rightly) want some sort of control as to how it is spent, and are more interested in their money, than the well being of Norwich City.Which is the reason, I believe, Fernandes went went elsewhere, he wanted control.Like I say, dodged a bullet.

Mort is right, we''re much better off,in the long run, to build slowly, with no one person having too much clout.

The only way i''d be happy with a rich backer would be if it was a ''Football person with money'' rather than a ''money person with an interest in football''.

Build slow, build strong.