Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lawro - unbelievable

"Taking a point at Arsenal was a good result for Swansea. They only need to win a couple of games to be safe - and I think they will""Norwich''s home form is decent but I worry about them away from home. They

can''t seem to put two good displays together and I think they''re still

very much in the relegation dogfight."
So how come Swansea can be safe & we''re not when we''ve got 2 more points than them from the same number of games and, based on the last 6 games, they''re bottom (with 3 points) and we''re 11th (with 7 points)

Well we have lost the last 5 away from home, we are notoriousely rubbish away from home and when you look at Swansea run in it''s not as tough as ours.

But I agree with your sentiment, we should not be written off, but it''s Lawrro.

So according to him we need 4 points to be safe. But he thinks thats not achieveable ??? 4 points from 7 games

Lawro tends to build up a view on each team over time and he''s then slow to change it.

So when teams are promoted, he assumes they''re not good until they''ve been in the Prem for a while.

For Swansea I think his views are coloured by how well they did last year (as well as the year before) especially early on in the league and in the league cup. 

He hasn''t really adjusted to Swansea''s slump in form recently

Lawro aside... much as I have been really, really, really hating the position we''ve got ourselves into, *in isolation from the wider reality* just thinking about the next 6 games.... it''s going to be exciting, isn''t it.

I know.... not the excitement we''d prefer (no offence to LDC but I am certainly not in your glass-half-full camp!)... but still:

- Something to fight for that''s in our grasp

- Our fate decided by our own efforts as well as the twists and turns of fortune

- Four big teams in a row to perform against and hopefully nick the point or two that could hopefully confirm everything (hopefully) in the right direction (hopefully)...

I''m already getting an adrenaline rush! (an unusual reaction to a post about Lawro)

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

Lawro aside... much as I have been really, really, really hating the position we''ve got ourselves into, *in isolation from the wider reality* just thinking about the next 6 games.... it''s going to be exciting, isn''t it.

I know.... not the excitement we''d prefer (no offence to LDC but I am certainly not in your glass-half-full camp!)... but still:

- Something to fight for that''s in our grasp

- Our fate decided by our own efforts as well as the twists and turns of fortune

- Four big teams in a row to perform against and hopefully nick the point or two that could hopefully confirm everything (hopefully) in the right direction (hopefully)...

I''m already getting an adrenaline rush! (an unusual reaction to a post about Lawro)

[/quote]

No offence taken.  Your sentiments match mine.  

When I talk about people always focusing on the down side of our position it is only because they are refusing to recognise the possible up side, not because I am uber-positive. 

My glass is half-full and half-empty.  That is the beauty of the league this year.  Either permutation is possible and we could finish anywhere from 10th to 20th. 

I am sure I have read this sort of absurd negativity on here, quite a few times, over the season. I can''t remember who would write this sort of nonsense unfortunately.

OK good - and crazy isn''t it, possibility of 10th down to 20th.

Thanks for being kind enough not to point out mydeliberate mistake "the next 6 games" - make that 7 (clearly I can''t count)

[quote user="lake district canary"]When I talk about people always focusing on the down side of our position it is only because they are refusing to recognise the possible up side, not because I am uber-positive.[/quote]Because we''ve been shocking to watch all season LDC, have regularly failed to get points against the teams around us (even when others were spanking them e.g. Fulham), and despite a good performance against a very poor Sunderland side, I can easily see us reverting to type and setting out to simply not concede 5+ against the likes of Liverpool etc.On the balance of how we''ve played this season, I see very little to give hope that we''re likely to do anything more than scrape by in the remaining games, and if we do end up nearer 10th than 17th, it''ll more than likely be down primarily to the failings of teams around us (and those that face us), rather than us suddenly playing out of our skin and getting a good points haul...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Because we''ve been shocking to watch all season....[/quote]Have you tried looking for a better stream Indy? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Because we''ve been shocking to watch all season....[/quote]Have you tried looking for a better stream Indy? [;)][/quote]Maybe I should ask LDC for which site he uses, as apparently the streams he gets show us playing good football... [;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Because we''ve been shocking to watch all season....[/quote]Have you tried looking for a better stream Indy? [;)][/quote]Maybe I should ask LDC for which site he uses, as apparently the streams he gets show us playing good football... [;)][/quote]

Yeh, well, I''m just off  to Swansea right now, so you can stick that up your negative backside.   As for good football and entertainment??Sunderland?  Spurs? Man City?  All in the last few weeks.  An improvement, I would say.

Yaki dah........

I''m not talking about your 3-4 actual attendances per season LDC (which is still better than mine usually), I''d just like to know which site you are using, that over the course of the past 2 years has shown us consistently playing good football, as the ones I''ve tuned into have been filled with utter dross instead...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Because we''ve been shocking to watch all season....[/quote]Have you tried looking for a better stream Indy? [;)][/quote]Maybe I should ask LDC for which site he uses, as apparently the streams he gets show us playing good football... [;)][/quote]

Yeh, well, I''m just off  to Swansea right now, so you can stick that up your negative backside.   As for good football and entertainment??Sunderland?  Spurs? Man City?  All in the last few weeks.  An improvement, I would say.

Yaki dah........

[/quote]
Yes in the last few weeks... A temporary improvement, because after every good result we go and mess it up. If we do play well and get a point (or three) tomorrow i''ll be delighted, i''ve personally predicted 2-2 but thats just because I very very very rarely predict a loss for us even if i''m not optimistic. We''ve been very poor away from home, either overall or in a West Ham/Cardiff way where we''ve thrown away points.
Anyway, Lawro is a huge muppet. Don''t know how he can say Swansea are in no trouble, but we are. Its just stupidity that its been allowed to be published on the BBCs website.

I don''t often agree with Lawro and I''m never been a fan of his but his quote is pretty much spot on for us. Our home form is decent, but we are crap away from home most of the time.

That said, we have a good record at Swansea so I''m reasonably hopeful, but nobody can deny we''ve become a p*ss poor away side under Hughton.

It''s easy to moan that Lawro always thinks we''ll lose. In fact, if we had performed as per his predictions, we''d now be in 9th place and safe.

I don''t think any one is saying Lawro always predicts us to lose

The annoyance is him saying Swansea will be fine but we''re still very much in the relegation fight, despite them having 2 less points than us.

"It''s easy to moan that Lawro always thinks we''ll lose. In fact, if we had performed as per his predictions, we''d now be in 9th place and safe."

That''s a big fag packet you''ve got there. Please tell me you didn''t take the time to work this out yourself !

Why does anyone get wound up by him? He''s demonstrated time and again that he really doesn''t have a clue. He just happens to be on the telly.

I pay about as much attention to his BS rambling as I do most of the hyperbolic whinging on here.

Let''s be honest though chaps and admit that we''d much rather have Swansea''s run-in than ours wouldn''t we?Only 1 really tough game against Chelsea, the rest against mid-table/relegation fodder like Villa and Sunderland.We have the 2 point advantage, they have the MUCH better fixtures remaining.I can see WHY Lawro might feel they''re safer than we are despite the points difference.Still think he''s a complete tosser however...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"It''s easy to moan that Lawro always thinks we''ll lose. In fact, if we had performed as per his predictions, we''d now be in 9th place and safe."

That''s a big fag packet you''ve got there. Please tell me you didn''t take the time to work this out yourself ![/quote]

Er, no. There''s a table showing Lawro''s standings on the BBC website...

I think Lawro is bang on the money. We''ve lost to Cardiff, Hull, West Ham, Southampton, Villa, etc etcAway form = P15 W2 D2 L11 Beat West Brom & Stoke, Drew against Palace and Sunderland

He doesn''t get much wrong so it''s hard to argue with his assessment to be honest .

[quote user="yoda"]He doesn''t get much wrong so it''s hard to argue with his assessment to be honest .[/quote]Seems a fair assessment to me.Anything today will be a bonus.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Let''s be honest though chaps and admit that we''d much rather have Swansea''s run-in than ours wouldn''t we?[/quote]You''d rather have their team.....and their manager too though Indy, if we''re really being honest. [;)]

[quote user="Making Plans"]"Taking a point at Arsenal was a good result for Swansea. They only need to win a couple of games to be safe - and I think they will""Norwich''s home form is decent but I worry about them away from home. They

can''t seem to put two good displays together and I think they''re still

very much in the relegation dogfight."
So how come Swansea can be safe & we''re not when we''ve got 2 more points than them from the same number of games and, based on the last 6 games, they''re bottom (with 3 points) and we''re 11th (with 7 points)

[/quote]Think I agree with Lawrenson. There''s a difference between being in a "relegation dogfight" and being relegated and we''ll likely be in a tight battle at the end of the season to stay up judging by form and games left to play.